Sponsored by:

eBay - EXHAUST EQUAL HEADERS

Search this Thread

Old 25 January 2010, 10:20 PM
Rob Day
Scooby Regular

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts
Default eBay - EXHAUST EQUAL HEADERS

I suspect these wont last long especially if running power upgrades, but has anyone had any experiences?

SUBARU WRX STi RA IMPREZA EXHAUST EQUAL MANIFOLD HEADER on eBay (end time 12-Feb-10 08:34:29 GMT) £170

Lateral Performance offer the bees knees for £460 inc vat, and having dealt with Mark already im sure these are the better option, but you can not help notice the price difference.....

Rob
Old 25 January 2010, 10:45 PM
greatgonzo
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Rob you know the answer all ready Buy cheap buy twice
Don't put sh#t on your car stick with the Lateral ones and run with confidence once fitted.
You do wonder tho how they make them so cheap compared to some others they look so nice and shiny as well
Old 26 January 2010, 07:14 AM
Norman Dog
Scooby Regular

Received 23 Likes on 16 Posts

I wouldn't buy anything that had those nasty looking flexijoints.
Old 26 January 2010, 07:45 AM
Rob Day
Scooby Regular

This I may trawl SN Forsale section for some if they ever pop up. Think Ive spent enough on the car already this year and its only January

Cheers
Rob
Old 26 January 2010, 01:08 PM
scoobyhoobydoo
Scooby Regular

Saw these the other day, not sure if they are good or otherwise?

Subaru Impreza New Age Stainless Steel Tubular Manifold --- Japspeed Performance Parts
Old 26 January 2010, 01:13 PM
banny sti
Scooby Senior

Received 22 Likes on 16 Posts

You might be better off with some ported headers from Harvey with one his special up pipes.

Banny
Old 26 January 2010, 01:24 PM
Rob Day
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by scoobyhoobydoo
Saw these the other day, not sure if they are good or otherwise?

Subaru Impreza New Age Stainless Steel Tubular Manifold --- Japspeed Performance Parts
Prefeably after the EL headers. But thanks anyhow.
Rob

Trending Topics

Old 26 January 2010, 01:26 PM
Rob Day
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by banny sti
You might be better off with some ported headers from Harvey with one his special up pipes.

Banny
Seen his recent post regarding this, but tbh I want to retain my decat up pipe and again i want EL headers if possible, fancy the flatter scooby tone.
Old 26 January 2010, 02:45 PM
harvey
Former Sponsor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

With ported headers there is no reason you cannot maintain your existing decat uppipe. Retaining that uppipe may or may not be your best option depending on the design of that pipe.
My ported headers and matched uppipe will extenuate the burbble. It will be deeper.
For much bigger power applications I also have GT2 type tubular header sets £385 and there is a very successful, specially designed 3 bot flange uppipe for use with that header set. The exhaust note looses a lot of the burbble with the tubular headers.
Also available is DEI wrapping of headers, downpipes, uppipes etc.
Old 26 January 2010, 05:51 PM
Cannon Fodder
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by harvey
With ported headers there is no reason you cannot maintain your existing decat uppipe. Retaining that uppipe may or may not be your best option depending on the design of that pipe.
My ported headers and matched uppipe will extenuate the burbble. It will be deeper.
For much bigger power applications I also have GT2 type tubular header sets £385 and there is a very successful, specially designed 3 bot flange uppipe for use with that header set. The exhaust note looses a lot of the burbble with the tubular headers.
Also available is DEI wrapping of headers, downpipes, uppipes etc.
Sorry and I don't want to hijack the thread.

Harvey, I am not in a desperate rush to get ported headers and up-pipe so what would be the cost if I took the headers and up-pipe off my car and sent them to you for porting?

Would they achieve the same results as a set of your ported headers that you have 'on the shelf'? Obviously if there is not too much difference in the price I may as well buy a set of your headers.
Old 27 January 2010, 07:44 AM
harvey
Former Sponsor

Ported headers and matched uppipe with DEI wrap etc. are all the same other than the uppipe design as I select the correct uppipe for the turbo in use.
The price is £369 plus delivery overnight of £12.50 on an exchange basis and it doesn't matter whether you send the headers in advance for me to work on them or whether I send you a set already done and I get yours back when you swap them over. The workmanship and dimensions are all the same apart from the uppipe which is specific to the application.
Old 27 January 2010, 04:10 PM
Cannon Fodder
Scooby Regular

Ported headers and matched uppipe with DEI wrap etc. are all the same other than the uppipe design as I select the correct uppipe for the turbo in use.
The price is £369 plus delivery overnight of £12.50 on an exchange basis and it doesn't matter whether you send the headers in advance for me to work on them or whether I send you a set already done and I get yours back when you swap them over. The workmanship and dimensions are all the same apart from the uppipe which is specific to the application.
Sorry I thought that you had 'new' ported headers on the shelf, I will be in touch shortly to order a set of headers and I will return my own headers once they have been changed.

Out of interest I am changing the turbo from a vf34 to a vf48 would this mean a different up pipe or would it be the same for both types of turbo?
Old 28 January 2010, 12:11 AM
harvey
Former Sponsor

I am not familiar with the VF48. Is it a single scroll and what is the power potential? The VF34 has 360 potential.
Old 28 January 2010, 10:09 PM
Cannon Fodder
Scooby Regular

I am not familiar with the VF48. Is it a single scroll and what is the power potential? The VF34 has 360 potential.
The VF48 is a single scroll turbo used on the UK hatchback STi along with your headers, Walbro 255 fuel pump, 650cc flow matched injectors, full 3" exhaust system, either retaining the standard filter box or going for a CAIK probably RCM, uprated 7 grade spark plugs.

I am hoping for bhp in the region of 380-390, the car is an S202 already running 348bhp/338 lbs/ft of torque after a remap by Bob Rawle.

Last edited by Cannon Fodder; 29 January 2010 at 12:47 AM.
Old 29 January 2010, 12:29 AM
Saalro
Scooby Regular

Why would you want to loose the Subaru sound!?

Sam
Old 29 January 2010, 07:38 AM
Rob Day
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Saalro
Why would you want to loose the Subaru sound!?

Sam
Me personally? I think the sound is still Subaru without a doubt, but just more subtle. Plus why not try something different, If buying quality ive not read anywhere that says that they have regretted going for the EL other than those that say they miss the burble from UEL's. Ive seen in person plenty EL & UEL in action (mainly TOTB & Sccoby Sprints) and they both sound awesome, so its all about personal preferences. And the all important bhp/lb gains from ported headers.

Rob
Old 29 January 2010, 07:46 AM
harvey
Former Sponsor

Cannon Fodder will NOT loose the Scooby Burbble with ported headers and matched uppipe, infact as many with ported headers will tell you, the burbble will probably be extenuated.
The uppipe I give you will be best for the VF48 and the same I would supply for the VF34.
Good luck with this. I am interested to hear how you get on with it once Bob has mapped it.