Notices
ScoobyNet General General Subaru Discussion
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Anyone in Management? need advice quick!

Search this Thread

Old 19 January 2010, 06:04 PM
type.r
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anyone in Management? need advice quick!

I have to take a Risk Management Assessment?!

what can I expect and can you point to the right direction to get some sample questions?

HELP!!!
Old 19 January 2010, 07:34 PM
Big Pete
Scooby Regular

We have a Risk Assessment Team at work. They visit site and fill in forms!

They seem to look at HAZARDS and based on the likelyhood of something happening due to the HAZARDS they will then indicate whether or not the RISK is safe to take or not.

If not then recommendations are put forwards so as to limit the RISK and make it safer to work.

'hope this is of use?

Good luck wi your test
Old 19 January 2010, 07:39 PM
Myles
Scooby Regular

Ie (Likelyhood x consequence) 3 x 3 = 9. I have to do it as part of my job. We assess processes and rate them how likely someones head will drop off.

Seriously though, the assessors will watch a process, ask you questions on it, look at the environment and rate it thus. As stated above, you will then be given measures to reduce the risk to negligible or as little as poss without stopping the process. The assessment of the process should really be by a subject matter expert, someone who does or has carried out the process, in my opinion.
Old 19 January 2010, 11:06 PM
type.r
Scooby Regular

thanks for your replies

Basically I have an interview-its for a Change consultant
the company have put in place a huge project to make the customer service journey better- its a SAP software their are using to change Finance, billing & most of the rest of the depts

I have been told its an hour interview and I will be also having a half hour "Risk Management Assessment" now i have never done anything like this so dont have a clue
but its something I am very interested in and am desperate to get this job!
I just need advice on the assessment really, not sure what to expect and how to prepare

HELP!
Old 19 January 2010, 11:09 PM
scatty
Scooby Regular

you can have a risk assessment for absolutely anything and everything, i wouldnt worry too much about it.....
Old 19 January 2010, 11:13 PM
type.r
Scooby Regular

is there like a basic process that i should need to know or a certain way things are done on the IT or Finance side?
Old 20 January 2010, 01:35 AM
MowbrayWRX
Scooby Regular

Thumbs up

Risk assessment what ever the process is uaually broken down in to several stages.

1) Identify the Hazards of a particular process, this could be personal physical harm or financial loss to the business. This could be due to loss of data, poor financial dealings, etc.

2) Bring in the controlling measures to reduce the hazards. This could be training of staff, departmental procedures, management procedures etc.

3) After bringing in the procedures, how does this reduce these hazards.

These assessments will need to be written down and approved as part of a company procedures and need to be checked and re-assessed regually.

As said before, the system is usually scored to identify the original hazard and the reduction of the Hazard after the control procedures.

Not all hazards can be removed, and some will still remain high due to their risk.

Best of luck.
Old 20 January 2010, 09:48 AM
type.r
Scooby Regular

ok i think that gives me some idea.
because its an IT consulting type of role I am now thinking its probably asking something like "the main programmer falls ill" or you loose data?

think im onthe roght line?

but i dont know what the half hour test will involve? just wondering if anyone applied to a similar role in the past

Last edited by type.r; 20 January 2010 at 10:17 AM.
Old 20 January 2010, 10:30 AM
BQF
Scooby Newbie

I'm the Head of Change and Planning for group risk in a big bank - and I think I have the gist of what you're getting at here.

If it's a risk management assessment of the project/programme, then you need to identify, record and mitigate all the risks to delivery of the programme (on time, budget, right quality). So that includes stuff such as a third party software vendor delivering late, stakeholders not signing off releases etc.

If it's a risk management assessment of the outputs of the project - let me know what they are and I'll see if I can give you some advice. For example, if you are delivering a new customer management system, one of the risks of the deliverable is that the customer experience gets worse, or fails to be accepted by the customers.

A risk assessment of the project/programme or it's outputs will be very different.
Old 20 January 2010, 10:38 AM
type.r
Scooby Regular

now we are definately on to something here!
firstly Thank you for your input its greatly appreciated & its your first post!

can i PM you?

the job spec has two main things that i think the questions may be on

there is 1 new product
&
a customer management system!
the sucessful candidate will work on both i believe.was just wondering what they will ask as i think its a general layout so was hoping I could do some practice questions so im prepared.
i'm the weakest candidate because its something i have never done albeit I know i can do it.
I am a finance analyst so moving into something different & want to show my transferable skills

Last edited by type.r; 20 January 2010 at 10:54 AM.
Old 20 January 2010, 11:02 AM
BQF
Scooby Newbie

Originally Posted by type.r
now we are definately on to something here!
firstly Thank you for your input its greatly appreciated & its your first post!

can i PM you?

the job spec has two main things that i think the questions may be on

there is 1 new product
&
a customer management system!
the sucessful candidate will work on both i believe.was just wondering what they will ask as i think its a general layout so was hoping I could do some practice questions so im prepared.
i'm the weakest candidate because its something i have never done albeit I know i can do it.
I am a finance analyst so moving into something different & want to show my transferable skills
See PM. I forgot to include some practice questions, so for example:

1. Question - It's critical to us that the new product is delivered not only on time and budget, but is the right product for the market we've identified. How would you make sure all relevant stakeholders genuinely believe it't the right product before we launch? [answer: It's critical to have a strong stakeholder management plan, with agreed success criteria for the product launch agreed right at the outset. That way we avoid surprises close to delivery].

2. Question - How can you ensure that the Customer Management System will be the right tool for us? [answer - throughout DBT (Design, Build, Test), our plan will canvass the users of the system, and perhaps even a sample of customers. Also, it's critical that User Acceptance Testing (UAT) is successfully navigated before go-live].

fairly cheesy questions and answers - but I've lobbed in some tip of my tongue change-lingo that might help.

Good luck!
Old 20 January 2010, 11:23 AM
type.r
Scooby Regular

Mate
thats brilliant
I am taking notes
really want to get this job but all depends on competition etc i guess.
I will give it my best shot & keep you undates- Thank you all for your input
BQF- pm sent with thanks.

ps. once my car (not scooby im afraid) is on the road i will get some pics up here
its a little special and you will know when i get the pics up
Old 18 January 2011, 02:34 PM
type.r
Scooby Regular

Need further advice on this!
not sure if BQF is still around but looking at change Management Arena
can anyone help? or hold the same/similar role>??