Sponsored by:

hifi/dvd agony

Search this Thread

Old 16 December 2009, 04:52 PM
r1gixer1
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry hifi/dvd agony

hi, sorry if wrong forum but can`t find owt under electrical or interior so thought i`d ask on here.
bought a cheap hifi/dvd player for my 06 impreza. thought it would be fairly easy to swap standard double din for a smaller unit. i guessed some body would do a fitting kit, think i guessed wrong, i`m havin a nightmare.
after halfords etc,eventualy went to local subaru dealer, it seemed like they had it sorted, they supplied a nice cubby box from a forester that matched my dash and said to use the standard double din cradle.easy.
no its not, it does`nt fit top or bottom, no holes match,only if you turn it upside down then the dash facia doesnt go back in place. been back to dealer they swear its right as thats what goes in the spec d model. took it all out, started again been at it all day still doesnt fit, even tried bodgin with gaffa tape at one point but just could`nt. arrrrrrgh!!!! cars sat in drive and its dark now, please help.
Old 16 December 2009, 09:06 PM
dunx
Scooby Senior

Bring it round and I'll kick it over the fence onto the railway line.....

LOL

dunx

P.S. Car Audio-Design, West Yorkshire,
Old 17 December 2009, 08:07 AM
r1gixer1
Scooby Regular

cheers 4 the link mate, did`nt know there was any1 local. felt like leavin it on a railway line yesterday, all 4 the sake of a 100quid dvd player. tar.