Sponsored by:

china wrx sti v 7/8

Search this Thread

Old 16 December 2009, 03:37 AM
madscanman2
BANNED

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default china wrx sti v 7/8

any one used the open source ecu mapping system thats comming in from tialand ? , they got copys of every thing , my pall says it s just a disk and has built in trouble shooting , reads maf, o2 , egt , timming , boost, oem system checks , says it will work on any lap top , leads inc , on uk cars ? he say s it round 100 pound , even dose older classic s . he gets all the new stuff so must be right , not be long be 4 every garage over here is doing it, they get films before there made over there , lol
Old 16 December 2009, 06:27 AM
al02uk
Scooby Regular

Mate,

You can download open source mapping software for free that does all of the above.

RomRaider is a good example. The only thing I'm not sure about is the older Classic's, I thought you couldn't re-map them....might be wrong though.
Old 16 December 2009, 10:10 AM
JDM_Stig
Scooby Regular

Received 41 Likes on 33 Posts

Older classics dont have a obd socket to plug your lead into, only from about 98/99 iirc do they have them.
Old 16 December 2009, 12:30 PM
TonyBurns
Scooby Regular

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Exclamation

Originally Posted by madscanman2
any one used the open source ecu mapping system thats comming in from tialand ? , they got copys of every thing , my pall says it s just a disk and has built in trouble shooting , reads maf, o2 , egt , timming , boost, oem system checks , says it will work on any lap top , leads inc , on uk cars ? he say s it round 100 pound , even dose older classic s . he gets all the new stuff so must be right , not be long be 4 every garage over here is doing it, they get films before there made over there , lol
And not long before every garage over here is rebuilding subaru engines
Just because the software is available does not mean that people will be able to map their cars safely, and that is where the problem begins..... 100 quid for software, 2.5k for first rebuild because the person mapping had no clue, second rebuild, 2.5k because they messed something up.... would have cost you far less to get a proper mapper to do it for you.....

Tony
Old 17 December 2009, 12:47 AM
madscanman2
BANNED

Originally Posted by TonyBurns
And not long before every garage over here is rebuilding subaru engines
Just because the software is available does not mean that people will be able to map their cars safely, and that is where the problem begins..... 100 quid for software, 2.5k for first rebuild because the person mapping had no clue, second rebuild, 2.5k because they messed something up.... would have cost you far less to get a proper mapper to do it for you.....

Tony
am not get it done or buying one , i have not got a clue about maps , just that they are out there and lets be honsets they will be over here soon, i got a guy that remaps mine i get my pall to sit in as it takes hours to do , am lazy and your right there be loads of rebuild s soon ,
Old 17 December 2009, 12:49 AM
Splitpin
Scooby Regular

am not get it done or buying one , i have not got a clue about maps , just that they are out there and lets be honsets they will be over here soon,
Soon? As has been said, newage has been end user remappable for years. You're not telling us anything here that qualifies as news.
Old 17 December 2009, 01:14 AM
madscanman2
BANNED

Default dictator ?,

Originally Posted by Splitpin
Soon? As has been said, newage has been end user remappable for years. You're not telling us anything here that qualifies as news.
i ve just told u ? that there is soft wear out there , and that it will be over here soon , i ve never wrote that twice , and what do you input , u hear loads of reply s on here that are not telling us out , like mine , and your s , so your qualifies as an issue , as it s been said who is the best mapper , who knows this and that , free speech needs no qualifies, an not offend you in any way , read the terms on here , later , i got told off for been dislexic last week on here speak text , now your saying am repetertiff ?? i ve not call you .

Trending Topics

Old 19 December 2009, 02:31 AM
madscanman2
BANNED

i ve just told u ? that there is soft wear out there , and that it will be over here soon , i ve never wrote that twice , and what do you input , u hear loads of reply s on here that are not telling us out , like mine , and your s , so your qualifies as an issue , as it s been said who is the best mapper , who knows this and that , free speech needs no qualifies, an not offend you in any way , read the terms on here , later , i got told off for been dislexic last week on here speak text , now your saying am repetertiff ?? i ve not call you .
quote ? he that loves to quote him self when ever some one ask s him what he thinks and gets it right,my engine is making knocking noise s aa say s its metal 2 metal , and bad , its big ends ,crank , u did not change the oil right , wow splitroast ur a god , .. yes i know i am, as i told you 16 x before but since i am its new news , lol dislexic retarded me , sorry its my torrets , div ..
Old 30 December 2009, 03:07 AM
madscanman2
BANNED

Originally Posted by Splitpin
am thick , and i am dislexic , so spelling not that good bless is ,do u like my pic of that bnp thing ? it was for facebook but glad all u stupid radgeys got to see it , i look at ur post , i am lucky as my pall has worked at subaru since 1993 and has more knowledge than u could ever have as they have invested lots of money in him , he s no tuner but what a guy , am not a gordie i live in northumberland , as for o/s or licenced maps , i do nt give a fork, i like the idea of stealing it , must be why i get my man to do it , google inspector gadget he might brake the enigma code on the v 5/6 for u . and then u can post some more shinning wit of yours once more , to yes ur right , u go on and on , i am now calling you duracell x5 longer , u worrie to much and are not confident to me ,were as i live for the day as the next is a bonus , so do ya self a favour and do nt put is down, as i have only stood my ground to ur posts , then again its the only post i get ,
or i could lend u some money so u could invest in licence ?and then i bet all o/s mappers would be scum as u would be up with the master , who is not derogertry in his reply even if i can nt put a sentance together , andrew , sleep tight , be happy ,am off to take my heed for a dump . lol

Last edited by madscanman2; 30 December 2009 at 03:30 AM.