Sponsored by:

SA52NUB <<<< looking for any history

Search this Thread

Old 22 November 2009, 08:03 PM
AndyfaeAyr
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default SA52NUB <<<< looking for any history

I bought this car about a month ago (everything ok just now) i was just looking for any idea of its history
the car has full service history upto 67k and is due a service just now.

what i want to know is if the timing belt has been done
it has S&S subaru service history up to just under 40k then its next 2 services were done at halleys garage, milngavie at 49k and 59k

i phoned S&S and they said they never done the timing belt so its down to halleys garage if they have done it , phoned them and they say they have no record of the car (could mean it had a private plate on it)

any help appreciated
thanks
Andy
Old 22 November 2009, 08:11 PM
STI_Baly
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Andy to be completely honest, regardless of any history on this motor i would go ahead and have the belt changed and the idlers and tensioner checked. Do not take any chances as any failure will cost you 10 times as much.
Old 22 November 2009, 08:46 PM
AndyfaeAyr
Scooby Regular

its looking like i will be doing that anyways mate , it was more tryin to save a few notes for xmas (3 demanding kids and a wife lol)
do you think i would need the tensioners done as well , i already have the belt
Old 22 November 2009, 10:50 PM
G.Mac
Scooby Regular

Ignore anything Halleys have to say about your car, they are useless

They tried to void my warranty as they said I had changed the springs on my car to some sort of aftermarket ones, I challenged them saying I had fitted prodrive springs to which they replied that prodrive sprins were blue and mine were red so I must have some sort of dodgy aftermarket springs fitted.

I then reminded them that I drove an sti and that Prodrive springs for the STI were red, I also reminded them that I had actually bought the springs from them before telling them to **** off and going back down to S&S, only reason for going there was that it was alot closer than S&S. Needless to say I have never set foot back in Halleys)

Anyways If S&S dont have any record of the timing belt being changed I would go ahead and change it.

If you are still looking for some info on the car it might be worth posting on Scottish Scoobies which is part of SIDC or Ayrshire Scoobies

Graeme
Old 23 November 2009, 10:10 AM
AndyfaeAyr
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by G.Mac
Ignore anything Halleys have to say about your car, they are useless

They tried to void my warranty as they said I had changed the springs on my car to some sort of aftermarket ones, I challenged them saying I had fitted prodrive springs to which they replied that prodrive sprins were blue and mine were red so I must have some sort of dodgy aftermarket springs fitted.

I then reminded them that I drove an sti and that Prodrive springs for the STI were red, I also reminded them that I had actually bought the springs from them before telling them to **** off and going back down to S&S, only reason for going there was that it was alot closer than S&S. Needless to say I have never set foot back in Halleys)

Anyways If S&S dont have any record of the timing belt being changed I would go ahead and change it.

If you are still looking for some info on the car it might be worth posting on Scottish Scoobies which is part of SIDC or Ayrshire Scoobies

Graeme
posted on scottish scoobies in sidc as the car has a sidc tax disc holder and back window sticker, no luck from there either...i would be changing the belt anyways but i just wanted a clue when it was last changed so i could leave it till after xmas and new year
thanks for the reply bud
Andy