Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Dreaded school run in the RB320.

Search this Thread

Old 07 November 2009, 02:02 PM
scixer6r
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Dreaded school run in the RB320.

Hi all,been picking my partners little girl up from school now for about six months,as you all know roads can get a little busy at this time.Anyway a couple of months ago noticed one of the mums had a little mishap by way of driving into another parents parked car,god i thought this aint the place to be leaving the RB320 parked up.So i said to the other half i dont like bringing the car round here too often,bearing in mind its only once a week that i do drive to the school.So we agreed that i would stay in the car while she went into the school,on tuesday did exactly that i parked up & stayed in the car & she walked off.I had parked quite close to a KIA CARENS so i decided to reverse a bit to give a bit more room for when they was ready to leave.Two mins later the KIA driver decides to play bumper cars,im bibbing the horn but to no affect,i then get out of the car to inspect the damage,one small dent to the wing & some scuffs & scrapes.Well i be damned its only the same driver i had witnessed having the earlier prang,so my message to all of you who do the school run is you can never be too careful with your pride & joy.If its going to happen theres nowt u can do about it.
Old 07 November 2009, 02:26 PM
S1FU
Scooby Regular

Most mums can't drive for sh*t. (I said most so as not to start world war III) I've had my first little'un a couple of months ago so park in the bigger spaces in places like Morrisons etc where they are huge. Every time I go there the cars are parked all over the place. Shocking!!!
Old 07 November 2009, 02:49 PM
JDM_Stig
Scooby Regular

Received 41 Likes on 33 Posts

most females think the bumpers are there to tell them they have no room left, not that they are there as a last resort, I live close to a school so Im basing this on observations and not just some sexist remarks before we get the pc police out.
Old 07 November 2009, 03:24 PM
Terminator X
Owner of SNet

We've got a perfect DC5 ITR. Wife parked it up on way to the gym, came back to find a HUGE car park ding in it Never seen anything like it. You'd have thought that people might respect what is clearly a tidy car but no

Respect the the RB320 BTW

TX.
Old 07 November 2009, 03:24 PM
scooby1doo1
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Wink

Originally Posted by scixer6r
Hi all,been picking my partners little girl up from school now for about six months,as you all know roads can get a little busy at this time.Anyway a couple of months ago noticed one of the mums had a little mishap by way of driving into another parents parked car,god i thought this aint the place to be leaving the RB320 parked up.So i said to the other half i dont like bringing the car round here too often,bearing in mind its only once a week that i do drive to the school.So we agreed that i would stay in the car while she went into the school,on tuesday did exactly that i parked up & stayed in the car & she walked off.I had parked quite close to a KIA CARENS so i decided to reverse a bit to give a bit more room for when they was ready to leave.Two mins later the KIA driver decides to play bumper cars,im bibbing the horn but to no affect,i then get out of the car to inspect the damage,one small dent to the wing & some scuffs & scrapes.Well i be damned its only the same driver i had witnessed having the earlier prang,so my message to all of you who do the school run is you can never be too careful with your pride & joy.If its going to happen theres nowt u can do about it.
LoL at school runs been there done it and all that, now the kids are able to walk to and from school with no mum or dad. Best thing you can do mate is use my old classic my00 and I will give you 5k for the plesure, plus yours.
Some mum did the same to mine but not at school, went to coop after school run and this mum just used my car to stop, dint even use the brakes. Then went to drive off I think not. That cost her £500, cost me £70 and 2 weeks to repair the damage my sen. If she dint intend to drive off then I may have charged her less. So my offer stands mate

Last edited by scooby1doo1; 07 November 2009 at 06:13 PM.
Old 07 November 2009, 04:15 PM
G-Man1982
Scooby Regular

Location: DIESEL POWERED BORAT! SLAMMED, R32 WHEELS, MAPPED, DE-CAT, TINTS. LOVE IT!

all the mums are **** scared of my car... and i dont look the politest of people (which helps) Because its noisy, pops bangs tishs etc, i get shouted a to slow down when im doing 12mph. My son skool is in a tiny little road and is a complete mare.. i see so many people scrape there cars its funny as you like. (most the mums are snotty cows anyway!) lol

I agree with the above... unless ya very brave... stay clear of the snotbags in there ranges!
Old 07 November 2009, 04:35 PM
madscoob
Scooby Regular

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

most of em get to my kids school at 3pm to secure a space where they dont have to reverse its funny as turning up at 3.10 and dropping the scoob in the space that they have left between them and the car in front,

Trending Topics

Old 07 November 2009, 10:01 PM
scoobystiv8
Scooby Regular

This is why you need a 4x4 for the school run, towbar on the back, large steel steps on the side and a nudge bar on the front. Never had any problems and I know the cars been pranged by others, it just doesnt show on ours and does plenty of damage to theres.
Leave the scoob at home and buy a big 4x4 for shopping and school runs.
Old 07 November 2009, 10:06 PM
G-Man1982
Scooby Regular

Location: DIESEL POWERED BORAT! SLAMMED, R32 WHEELS, MAPPED, DE-CAT, TINTS. LOVE IT!

Originally Posted by scoobystiv8
This is why you need a 4x4 for the school run, towbar on the back, large steel steps on the side and a nudge bar on the front. Never had any problems and I know the cars been pranged by others, it just doesnt show on ours and does plenty of damage to theres.
Leave the scoob at home and buy a big 4x4 for shopping and school runs.

or go in the work van!! lol
Old 07 November 2009, 10:50 PM
Simon C
Scooby Regular

Kid at my old school usually walked in, but occasionally had to get picked up by his dad. I was amasing to see all the school run park miles away from his car....

Looked something like this....

Then there was the kid who drove himself to school to take an exam, in his massey ferg tractor, then delibertaly parked it next to the deputy heads Mr2!!!!

Last edited by Simon C; 07 November 2009 at 10:51 PM. Reason: beer and typing dont mix
Old 07 November 2009, 11:09 PM
pikeywrx
Scooby Regular

I watched a silly cow reverse into my 7 month old R1 outside the school. then the silly daft cow said well its only the plastic bits that are cracked, (fairings) since then use it as an excuse to walk dogs. Unless its raining then i go in Van which has 3 foot letters with pikeyscoobs written on it, that gets alot off space given lol
Old 07 November 2009, 11:21 PM
scooby-yan
Scooby Regular

parking by the kids school is a disgrace!! i walk the kids to school as i live near ( and so do most of the other lazy b*****ds who bring the cars!! ) i have witnessed loads of bangs/bumps and drive offs. even someone got there foot ran over as a car mounted the pavement to park.

gutted your rb320 got hit, hope you got it sorted ok!
Old 08 November 2009, 12:25 AM
mr hat
Scooby Regular

women cant park. fact. no ifs. no buts. thats it. same as they cant throw a ball. only good for one thing.
Old 08 November 2009, 09:15 AM
greatgonzo
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by mr hat
women cant park. fact. no ifs. no buts. thats it. same as they cant throw a ball. only good for one thing.
What ? The washing
Old 08 November 2009, 10:35 AM
Richard0025
Scooby Newbie

When I say I feel for you......Look at this and you will know how much. Parked my RB320 at school run the other day and look what happened.

Anyone know any good places to get it repaired in Essex (Lakeside)??

:-(
Old 08 November 2009, 10:37 AM
Richard0025
Scooby Newbie

Dont schools like RB320's? Should I get a louder exhaust and dump valve to really annoy the other parents now.