Sponsored by:

bodyshop nighmare

Search this Thread

Old 06 November 2009, 09:47 PM
P555SBR
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default bodyshop nighmare

after some kind lady ran into the rear quater of my scooby the insurance sent it to be repaired at a national repair company that suposidly prides its self on customer satifaction and has a striked policy that the repair have to pass there qulity control befor they will let it leave there building so after waiting 3 weeks to get the car back it was returned to me with the rear bumper and back quater a totaly different shade of blue and i dont mean slightly out due to the age of my car and paint fade the car is 53c (555 blue) and the new painted panels are a hell of alot light to the degrea that my 8 year old son can tell the difference without me saying what had been done im so peed off its unture got straight on the phone to them to find out what they are going to do about it and all they could say was well we will get the complantes department to look into it for you i mean for hevens sake is it to much to ask for them to get the paint to match i had a front spliter done at a little back street body shop own by young lad trying to make ends meet and he got the coulor match spot on
Old 06 November 2009, 09:54 PM
The Rig
Scooby Regular

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

did you inspect the car before signing for it ?
Old 06 November 2009, 10:22 PM
IainMilford
Scooby Regular
Support Scoobynet!

Received 90 Likes on 63 Posts

get some pics?
Old 06 November 2009, 10:27 PM
Luminous
Scooby Regular

Holy Batman Robin!
Old 07 November 2009, 07:39 AM
Stevesbluewrx
Scooby Regular

Unlucky matey.

Did you sign for it already? You can still say something to them to get it corrected.

When my car got hit I picked up it up in dusk light. Due to it being a dark car I signed for it and went on my way as it had taken 3 months in the first place due to the insurance saga of the 3rd party. Wasn't until when I got home that I opened the door to get out and it dropped off the hinge by a couple of mm taking the side skirt with it!!! Not to mention a few things after I got in the day light the following day. Over spray on the plastic interior and the seats covered in compound dust.
Got straight on the phone car got taken away a few days later and I got a hire car ALL charged to the 3rd party still.

Call them again mate. It's a joke. I'm sure you have 7 full working days regardless if your not happy etc.
Old 07 November 2009, 07:59 AM
P555SBR
Scooby Regular

they deliverd the car at 5pm so it was dark but looked ok its only when i went to put some petrol in that i noticed due to the lights on the forcourt and phoned them straight away they havent even tryed to blend it in you can see where they have masked the car
Old 07 November 2009, 08:14 AM
scott64
Scooby Regular

gutted for you mate, but you should have legal come back on them as they havent repaired the job to the original standard.

Trending Topics

Old 07 November 2009, 10:09 AM
MOTORS S GT
Scooby Regular

Received 34 Likes on 22 Posts

Don't even waste your time on the repair company, go direct to your insurance company & file a rejected repair, let them sort it out, as they hold a greater influence over the company than you do for future work.
Old 07 November 2009, 10:17 AM
Scoobyspanners
Scooby Regular

Take it to another trusted paint shop or get a RAC inspaction done on the car and ask for a report, if it has been done wrong then I would contact your insurance company and submit a copy of this to them. Ask for it to be put right or have the repaint paid for at another shop of your choice.

My brother used to have a paint shop, unless the law has change in the past few Years, He told me you have the right to get the work done at any shop of your choice, the insurance company has no right at all to force you to use one of their recommended shops.
Old 07 November 2009, 11:11 AM
Black-Hawk
Scooby Regular

Take it back to said bodyshop and speak to the bodyshop manager, you have to give them the opertunity to make good the repair before you go back to your insurance company, thats the next step if it dos'nt get rectified following your complaint, they will then get their insurance engineer to look at it, iv'e done loads of rectification work on behalf of insurance companys following poor repairs by other bodyshops, usually after 2 or 3 atempts the engineers step in and get us involved (and we've turned them all around 100% happy at first atempt) as its a metalic/clear over base colour its unlikely that the mis-match is due to fade and more than likely due to the incorrect variant being used but would probablly require blending anyway, dont worry about it, it'll get sorted
Old 07 November 2009, 12:02 PM
Bealescooby
Scooby Regular

when i had my 555 i had the bumper painted , it come out a completley differant shade , i then was told its not the easiest colour to match after they repainted it
phone ur insurance and tell them ur not happy