Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Just recieved a letter from the local Police

Search this Thread

Old 16 March 2002, 10:32 AM
DARREN
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Reads as follows........................................
Operation Igneous is a home office funded project established to identify new methods to reduce the levels of vehicle crime.One of the methods which we have previously found effective are crime prevention letter drops to owners of vehicles which are at risk
You may have seen the media coverage of a series of aggravated burglaries in North London and Essex,which involved the theft of vehicle keys to new,high value,performance vehicles.Our records show that you are the registered keeper of the following vehicle
SUBARU IMPREZA STi 2000 AWD colour Silver,Reg ********
Whilst the chances of such a re-occurence are extremly low,and without wishing to alarm you unnecessarily,we consider it our duty to advise you of this trend and make the following reccomendations:
Ensure that you keep all of your keys secure
Report any activity or persons you consider to be suspicious
Yours faithfully

Project Manager!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Has anybody recieved a similar letter more or less the same about the recent "theft of keys" or "carjacking incident"

Cheers
Darren
Old 16 March 2002, 11:13 AM
astraboy
Scooby Regular

Darren,
pull the HT lead off the coil or get the missus to do it when its parked up overnight.
astraboy.
Old 16 March 2002, 11:28 AM
JoanUK300
Scooby Regular

Smile

Hi Darren, we live in the vicinity of one of the occurences but we haven`t got one of those letters....

Just be aware.

Joan.
Old 16 March 2002, 12:50 PM
tntsystems
Scooby Regular

got pulled by the fuzz in moss side and advised to avoid driving through the area, always lock doors etc. (i had previously pulled away from a pissed up guy at traffic lights trying to get in the door, rang greater manch pol. and told them i'd been flashed) whilst this was my only option at the time, i wouldnt advise it....
Old 16 March 2002, 07:42 PM
thecirsch
Scooby Regular

Question

Which force was it from?? The Met or anyone else?? and has it got an address where the sender can be contacted??

Ed
Old 16 March 2002, 07:49 PM
johnfelstead
Scooby Regular
Support Scoobynet!

Received 53 Likes on 30 Posts
Thumbs down

Ensure that you keep all of your keys secure
How on earth does that protect you from someone breaking in your house and forcing you to hand over your keys?
Report anything suspicious? What are they going to do except MAYBE write that down in a log.

That mail is hopeless at actually advising you of the way to respond to being broken into, attacked or carjacked.
Old 16 March 2002, 07:53 PM
hawkeye
Scooby Regular

If someone breaks into your house and demands the keys. GIVE THEM TO THEM your life or your families isn't worth a car. No matter how much you like it thats what insurance is for.

johnfelstead - you're right they won't do anything straight away. If it happens save your life not your car.

Trending Topics

Old 16 March 2002, 07:54 PM
Yorkie
Scooby Regular

I received a letter very similar from my local police highlighting the same. The A4 envelope was also stuffed with leaflets about RAC trackstar, Tracker, etc etc.

They basically advised me to take my keys to bed with me. Now thats a good idea, get woken up in the morning in bed staring down the barrel of a sawn off shotgun Only joking, take their point, I DO hide my keys now.

[Edited by Yorkie - 3/16/2002 7:55:42 PM]
Old 16 March 2002, 08:55 PM
barge
Scooby Regular

keep your keys safe but dont take them up stairs, if you do get broken in to the last thing you want is for them to come to your bed room, much easier to tell them to cfuk off & thta the keys are in the microwave or where ever.