Sponsored by:

whats it worth?

Search this Thread

Old 03 November 2009, 06:28 PM
99greenwagon
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default whats it worth?

just wondering what my wagon would be worth, its an my99 uk turbo wagon,in very good ciondition for age,it had a brand new engine from subaru with reciept for £4000 at 109k,the car has 3 pevious owners and has been extremely well maintained,full subaru history,new rad,new maf,exedy 230mm clutch,lightweight flywheel,ninja sports car,sti 5 i/c,new brakes all round,vf35 turbo,walbro,and stainless exhaust system by h&s,ik22 denso plugs,uprated suspension,18"rota gra alloys with falken tyres,cambelt and tensioner,gearbox and diff oil etc all with reciepts,ecutec map running 297bhp/303lbft with proof,all carried out by martyn at engine tuner,sti rear lights, sti 6 front splitter,sti top spoiler etc,car is 100% and drives completely faultless,a couple very small spots of surface rust,other than that its in excellent condition,car is used daily and has never let me down,engine and box very smooth,im sure theres more but i wont bore u all,alot of money spent and is a quick motor,always warmed up and down,no leaks anywhere whatsoever and no smoke,any ideas what it would be worth?check my profile for a couple pics.
Old 03 November 2009, 06:35 PM
99greenwagon
Scooby Regular

Old 03 November 2009, 06:57 PM
subeyman
Scooby Regular

No idea on price, but v Smart looking car. Its much nicer than my mates wagon (LJF haha).
Old 03 November 2009, 07:01 PM
99greenwagon
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by subeyman
No idea on price, but v Smart looking car. Its much nicer than my mates wagon (LJF haha).
thanks mate,it is in my opinion one of the better wagons out ther,im only thinking of selling at mo,i would probably regret selling but i would like to get some idea of what it could be worth.....weighing up my options doubt i will sell tho
Old 03 November 2009, 07:03 PM
stevie1982
Scooby Regular

Mate lovely looking car, I don't think that would hang around for long.

Hard to put a price though mate as it is worth what someone is willing to pay. To give you an idea my mate picked up his 99 t reg prodrive'd wagon with 60k on the clock, two owners from new and full history. He got it 6-8 months back and only paid £2.5k for it.

Best of luck but I would search pistonheads and see what thy are going for
Old 03 November 2009, 07:09 PM
99greenwagon
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by stevie1982
Mate lovely looking car, I don't think that would hang around for long.

Hard to put a price though mate as it is worth what someone is willing to pay. To give you an idea my mate picked up his 99 t reg prodrive'd wagon with 60k on the clock, two owners from new and full history. He got it 6-8 months back and only paid £2.5k for it.

Best of luck but I would search pistonheads and see what thy are going for
i understand that alot of wagons are fairly cheap,but this aint no ordinarey wagon and if i was offered 2.5k i would laugh. u cant compare prodrive wagon with this mate.
Old 03 November 2009, 07:11 PM
99greenwagon
Scooby Regular

any sensible ideas anyone?
Old 03 November 2009, 07:15 PM
stevie1982
Scooby Regular

Mate had a quick search on pistonheads and there are few uk cars similar millage on 99 plates up between 3-3.5k but bare in mind they have been for sale for over 15days so that could be months as I think that is the maximum it let's you know that have been advertised for where before it used to tell you exactly how long.

There are a couple with 350+ bhp with less millage slghtly older up for more so it is up to you where to price it as it's a very hard thing to do, depends if you decide you want it gone asap or are willing to wait a couple of months
Old 03 November 2009, 07:23 PM
chocolate_o_brian
Scooby Regular

The fact its on well over 100k miles on the original box running nearly 300bhp... well that would worry me. Only as I bought my old red Scoob back in dec 06 with 121k (new engine at 70k) and the gearbox lasted 14k miles before dying a year later.

£3k tops mate, especially if it has rust surfacing too.
Old 03 November 2009, 07:37 PM
99greenwagon
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by chocolate_o_brian
The fact its on well over 100k miles on the original box running nearly 300bhp... well that would worry me. Only as I bought my old red Scoob back in dec 06 with 121k (new engine at 70k) and the gearbox lasted 14k miles before dying a year later.

£3k tops mate, especially if it has rust surfacing too.
i dont think so mate,the box is perfect,im asking for a sensible value here and 2-3k aint that,id rather turn my leg inside out than sell it for 3k!
Old 03 November 2009, 07:58 PM
99greenwagon
Scooby Regular

any reasonable comments here guys?roughly? £3k is a bit of a joke,if it were your car?.............ive seen alot worse for sale at 4.5k,someone must know roughly the value to the right buyer?
Old 03 November 2009, 08:02 PM
chocolate_o_brian
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by 99greenwagon
i dont think so mate,the box is perfect,im asking for a sensible value here and 2-3k aint that,id rather turn my leg inside out than sell it for 3k!
My box was perfect... then boom it died, and I'm a very symathetic driver. If it's on standard internals (gearbox I mean) 300bhp will be near its limit unless you drive like miss daisy everywhere

You asked for honest opinions, and I gave you mine. As said considering the box is well over 100k and you mentioned signs of possible rust... If you seriously think you'll get £4.5k for it then why ask if you're not prepared to take on board others opinions.
Old 03 November 2009, 08:15 PM
99greenwagon
Scooby Regular

My box was perfect... then boom it died, and I'm a very symathetic driver. If it's on standard internals (gearbox I mean) 300bhp will be near its limit unless you drive like miss daisy everywhere

You asked for honest opinions, and I gave you mine. As said considering the box is well over 100k and you mentioned signs of possible rust... If you seriously think you'll get £4.5k for it then why ask if you're not prepared to take on board others opinions.
i was hoping its worth 4-4.5k,when people come on here and say 2.5-3k it just seems a bit of a shock,im asking others opinions to test the water so to speak, i hope that i get some other opinions yet as obviously i wont be selling it at all if it isnt worth alot as it is a great car,and i do have faith in the gearbox,the car is never abused and is drove nicely.my brother just bought a bmw 330d sport and its got more problems than my impreza.my honest opinion mate ,the car is 100% in every way and im proud to own it. like i said,hopefully ill get a few more comments and go from there,thanks but i think your opinion is a little wrong,bearing in mind u havent seen or test drove it.
Old 03 November 2009, 08:18 PM
stevie1982
Scooby Regular

To the op, you asked for peoples opinion and that's all I gave never meant to offend you.

In all honesty you have a lovely looking car, but and don't take this the wrong way - you have a 99 uk wagon with high millage on standard internals and standard gearbox. For 4.5k look at what you can get for your money v3 type r's, v4 sti's all with lower millage and a better spec out of the box even with the mods you have done.

I wish you all the best in what ever you decide to do, and again it is a cracking looking car and I hope you get what you want for it. And again I mean no offence
Old 03 November 2009, 08:26 PM
99greenwagon
Scooby Regular

To the op, you asked for peoples opinion and that's all I gave never meant to offend you.

In all honesty you have a lovely looking car, but and don't take this the wrong way - you have a 99 uk wagon with high millage on standard internals and standard gearbox. For 4.5k look at what you can get for your money v3 type r's, v4 sti's all with lower millage and a better spec out of the box even with the mods you have done.

I wish you all the best in what ever you decide to do, and again it is a cracking looking car and I hope you get what you want for it. And again I mean no offence
no offence taken mate,the engine is nearly new so high mileage is a bit of a weird one for me,yes the shell is high mileage and the gearbox is original but engine and box feels exactly as it should,the engine has only covered about 30k.shocks etc have been replaced and the whole car is is very good condition so i really dont understand how people can compare this to a high mileage uk wagon worth 3k???
Old 03 November 2009, 08:30 PM
chocolate_o_brian
Scooby Regular

Echo the above, you may think my opinion is wrong, but in retrospect I think you're being over optimistic as you have put so much into the car. You don't get it back when you come to sell, I found that out when I had to sell my Scoob last summer just as prices were plummeting.
Old 03 November 2009, 08:30 PM
TingTongPJ
Scooby Regular

i think your 4-4.5k for a wagon is hoping but you never know someone could fall in love with it.

i'd just keep it, takes a select person to want a wagon so thats a lot of the impreza buyers gone and then the price, could buy a sti for that.

no offence ment just my opinion it's a buyers market at the moment i'm glad i'm not selling if i valued my car on what has been spent i'd want around 10-12k but at the end of the day it's a my98 and thats how buyers would see it.
Old 03 November 2009, 08:33 PM
chocolate_o_brian
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by TingTongPJ
i think your 4-4.5k for a wagon is hoping but you never know someone could fall in love with it.

i'd just keep it, takes a select person to want a wagon so thats a lot of the impreza buyers gone and then the price, could buy a sti for that.

no offence ment just my opinion it's a buyers market at the moment i'm glad i'm not selling if i valued my car on what has been spent i'd want around 10-12k but at the end of the day it's a my98 and thats how buyers would see it.
I'd certainly give you £4.5k for your car
Old 03 November 2009, 08:37 PM
TingTongPJ
Scooby Regular

I'd certainly give you £4.5k for your car

thanks cob
Old 03 November 2009, 08:41 PM
99greenwagon
Scooby Regular

fair comment mate,i probably wont sell anyway,just wanted to see what people thought,id probably get just as gooder price if i were to trade in at a garage,but with the comments so far,i doubt i will be selling it,who knows,the longer i keep it the more it might be worth i have seen modded classics for sale around 4-5k with new engine etc though.
Old 03 November 2009, 08:44 PM
TingTongPJ
Scooby Regular

best option is too keep it rather than loose out.

green really suits a wagon

i think and having had a rebuild it's better the devil you know.
Old 03 November 2009, 08:49 PM
99greenwagon
Scooby Regular

best option is too keep it rather than loose out.

green really suits a wagon

i think and having had a rebuild it's better the devil you know.
the main object of maybe selling was to possibly accomplish 400bhp,but without spending thousands as i know its not possible with my wagon,what r my options? cheapest first i feel that i may be missing out as regards to an sti?
Old 03 November 2009, 08:50 PM
chocolate_o_brian
Scooby Regular

fair comment mate,i probably wont sell anyway,just wanted to see what people thought,id probably get just as gooder price if i were to trade in at a garage,but with the comments so far,i doubt i will be selling it,who knows,the longer i keep it the more it might be worth i have seen modded classics for sale around 4-5k with new engine etc though.
So have I, thing is though, how many have sold... and if sold, what for.

Keep it and enjoy it if it's as sound as you said mate, be a shame otherwise.
Old 03 November 2009, 08:51 PM
DJ_Jon
911 C4 pilot

Nice wheels!

Its a very nice car & I think you will regret selling it, but you should do what you feel is right. If it were me selling it I'd put it on Pistonheads for £3450 with a view to being knocked down to £3k

Edit: remember the lengthy convo we had on the phone, keep it in its current state of tune & you will be ok, start pushing it further & you are asking for big trouble & an empty wallet.

Last edited by DJ_Jon; 03 November 2009 at 08:52 PM.
Old 03 November 2009, 08:54 PM
99greenwagon
Scooby Regular

So have I, thing is though, how many have sold... and if sold, what for.

Keep it and enjoy it if it's as sound as you said mate, be a shame otherwise.
i do want to keep it,i just want more power
Old 03 November 2009, 08:59 PM
99greenwagon
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by DJ_Jon
Nice wheels!

Its a very nice car & I think you will regret selling it, but you should do what you feel is right. If it were me selling it I'd put it on Pistonheads for £3450 with a view to being knocked down to £3k

Edit: remember the lengthy convo we had on the phone, keep it in its current state of tune & you will be ok, start pushing it further & you are asking for big trouble & an empty wallet.
yes mate i remember clearly,its just that i have a craveing for more power,not sure what to do but i wont be selling for 3k as the car is worth so much more to me,not in money,but hassle free and reliable motoring.not sure what my options are to be honest as i really do like the sound of 400bhp or just much faster acceleration! i believe the sti has shorter gearing for quicker acceleration?
Old 03 November 2009, 09:02 PM
stinger_sweaty
Scooby Regular

id say its worth about 3.5k, due to the fact its a wagon.
Old 03 November 2009, 09:05 PM
99greenwagon
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by stinger_sweaty
id say its worth about 3.5k, due to the fact its a wagon.
getting better , thanks.
Old 03 November 2009, 09:07 PM
TingTongPJ
Scooby Regular

the main object of maybe selling was to possibly accomplish 400bhp,but without spending thousands as i know its not possible with my wagon,what r my options? cheapest first i feel that i may be missing out as regards to an sti?
you could get your wagon up to 400 plus but it would cost you

my car let go on me and blew a massive hole in the engine so i needed a re-build

i decided as i always wanted a 400bhp car so went down the route of a forged 2.1 cdb which in itself is not masivley expensive it's the 6 speed gearbox, injectors, turbo, up-rated brakes, ecu etc etc that really pushed the price up. i should think i'ts cost me the wrong side of 8-10k and i got some bargins along the way.

in hind sight i could have got myslef a newage sti and modded that to 400bhp but i wanted to stick with the classic so i'm fairly happy with mine.

one thing i would say is it's never enough you get used to it so quickly, my car is fun but then when it ran 320 ish before it blew up it was also just as much fun just in a different way.

i'd stick with what you've got for now as you've already shelled out for a re-build it's still a quick car don't forget that and get carried away with chasing numbers.
Old 03 November 2009, 09:07 PM
99greenwagon
Scooby Regular

what is the v4 sti like? anyone? am i missing out by having a uk spec car?

Quick Reply: whats it worth?