ScoobyNet General General Subaru Discussion
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

gauging interest

Search this Thread

Old 03 November 2009, 11:43 AM
G-Man1982
Scooby Regular

Location: DIESEL POWERED BORAT! SLAMMED, R32 WHEELS, MAPPED, DE-CAT, TINTS. LOVE IT!
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default gauging interest

Thinking of selling my beloved Technics 1200`s. mk2s professonal DJ decks! custom edition. loved like a scoob, blue led convertion, green pop ups, slip matts, carbon fibre look pitch slider. Brand new stanton 500 carts used once at the last party i done.

Both in near mint condition, come with lids and in the boxes they came in!! same as these.

cost over £1000 when i bought them about 15 months ago, will still cost you over £800 brandnew now.
can be seen working and 1st person to view them WILL buy. you cannot buy these decks with the LED convertions!!

£550! ovno. EDITED price as i just want them gone before i change my mind!

times have changed and there just waisted in my loft!

any 1 interested?

Last edited by G-Man1982; 03 November 2009 at 01:53 PM.
Old 03 November 2009, 11:48 AM
Turbo2
Scooby Regular

What is it?
Old 03 November 2009, 11:50 AM
EddScott
Scooby Regular

Received 64 Likes on 32 Posts

Wheels of steel my friend!

I had the choice of a 205GTI or Technics 1210s. I went for the Pug
Old 03 November 2009, 11:57 AM
Peanuts
Scooby Regular

there was a time a while back when these commanded top coin.
Sadly those days are gone and they are now ten a penny on fleabay.
These were every bedroom mixers aspiration while settling for Kam bdx's or some other poor quality set up.
Then the denon and CD mixer units came into town and a lot jumped on the bandwagon but there was still a vinyl hardcore faithful which I firmly class myself as.

Time has moved on, I have a family now and my mixer is dusty in the loft, but I still have all my vinyl, still sorted into setlists and still give it an airing now and again, much to the annoyance of my bread knife who is scared I am going to try earning a living from spinnin choons at 3 in the morning, oh yeah baby
Old 03 November 2009, 12:06 PM
G-Man1982
Scooby Regular

Location: DIESEL POWERED BORAT! SLAMMED, R32 WHEELS, MAPPED, DE-CAT, TINTS. LOVE IT!

Originally Posted by Peanuts
there was a time a while back when these commanded top coin.
Sadly those days are gone and they are now ten a penny on fleabay.
These were every bedroom mixers aspiration while settling for Kam bdx's or some other poor quality set up.
Then the denon and CD mixer units came into town and a lot jumped on the bandwagon but there was still a vinyl hardcore faithful which I firmly class myself as.

Time has moved on, I have a family now and my mixer is dusty in the loft, but I still have all my vinyl, still sorted into setlists and still give it an airing now and again, much to the annoyance of my bread knife who is scared I am going to try earning a living from spinnin choons at 3 in the morning, oh yeah baby
i can guarentee there is not a set of 1200`s like this on Ebay!!! (they have been hardly used) i know what your saying which is why i have never put them up for sale before! (tho the million time i have thought it) I also know there is "new skool djs" that could not spin a vinyl if they tryed as they so used to the cd mixing days.

I also know, to someone wanting a set of quality decks these are well worth the money. The reason i stopped is due to the kiddy/wife commitment and late night saga that i hit with the missis!! To this day, there is no better mixing deck on the planet (which you would know if your a ex dj) Pros still use them, and imo there well worth the few hundred quid im asking. hence no big add trying to sell em as they sell them selfs!
Old 03 November 2009, 12:08 PM
G-Man1982
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by HT04
if they were 1210 mk5 g's then id be giving you the cash lol. ive still got years worth of vinyl and i threw away my decks, mixer the lot a couple years back. regreted it ever since.i need something to play my music on. .

dan
lol mk5 are cool, tho i think the only diffrence is faster pitch ability?

i know im going to regret selling these!
Old 03 November 2009, 12:33 PM
DJ_Jon
911 C4 pilot

Vestax are where its at deck wise now, the AC motors in these, or 1210's for that matter mean you are constantly adjusting the pitch to keep the beat matched.

They are a good deck & back in the day they were the deck to aspire to. good luck with the sale.
Old 03 November 2009, 01:28 PM
G-Man1982
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by DJ_Jon
Vestax are where its at deck wise now, the AC motors in these, or 1210's for that matter mean you are constantly adjusting the pitch to keep the beat matched.

They are a good deck & back in the day they were the deck to aspire to. good luck with the sale.
Old 03 November 2009, 01:41 PM
DJ_Jon
911 C4 pilot

Ac = Alternating Current, therefore the motors pulse, causing the pitch to vary, requiring constant adjustment.

DC = Direct Current - linear current, therefore less adjustment to stay on beat.

turntable power supply - description of massive upgrade
Old 03 November 2009, 01:51 PM
G-Man1982
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by DJ_Jon
Ac = Alternating Current, therefore the motors pulse, causing the pitch to vary, requiring constant adjustment.

DC = Direct Current - linear current, therefore less adjustment to stay on beat.

turntable power supply - description of massive upgrade
no no no no i was not itching my head as i was clueless... i was itching my head as is it not the role of a DJ to keep tunes beatmatched? What you say is true, but i have done many many 4 or 5 minute 3 deck mixes using 1200s and have never noticed this problem as its so minute!

Plus... to many (including my self) people using pieces of dj equiptment that do it all for you is seriously boring. i got the poineer cd decks, i got the time coded shat for the pc... its all good fun doing all the little tricks you can do with it all, but none of it beats 2 technics, a mixer, and a shed load of tunes to spank out!
Old 03 November 2009, 02:05 PM
DJ_Jon
911 C4 pilot

I cut my teeth on these and 1210's DJ'ing in many clubs, they do not compare to vestax decks IMHO. Using a pc for DJ'ing is the way it's going but I don't use one.

Shouldn't this thread be in the for sale section?
Old 03 November 2009, 03:03 PM
G-Man1982
Scooby Regular

IT wasnt a for sale thread to start off with, was purely testing the water

thanks for you comments peeps... these are now SOLD!!