Sponsored by:

new sti

Search this Thread

Old 26 October 2009, 06:22 PM
bigchris350
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default new sti

hi guys i had years ago a 2002 bug eye wrx ecu remaped it air filter and gave it a hayward and scott exhaust , loved every second of it, since then i had a bmw m coupe and now i have a skyline r34 gtr which dont get me wrong i love but when driving it i dont feel i can push it in the same way as the subau im gutted to be honest i really do love the car to bits , bit of a dream car be honest ..

recently ive been looking more and more at the brand new sti's theres something about them i really like and want to know if they've kept the old subaru driving feel which i loved about my old bug eye wrx

and help and info much apreciated
Old 27 October 2009, 09:28 AM
bigchris350
Scooby Newbie

bump .... can no one help ???????
Old 27 October 2009, 01:11 PM
codie247
Scooby Regular

Have a look in members gallery mate, full thread on the new hatches.

Lee
Old 27 October 2009, 01:31 PM
STI Mav
Scooby Regular

General concensus seems to be they are a bit of a martmite car - you either love them or hate them !!

Personally not keen on the hatch what so ever, and driving one did nothing for me at all. So I went back a stage to the Hawkeye and picked myself up an 06 STI with PPP which is absolutly brilliant.

End of the day I think it's a personal thing - so probably best to test drive one and make your own mind up.
Old 27 October 2009, 08:31 PM
VinceW
Scooby Regular

I've just got a new STI, bloody quick but it's pretty quiet, you can't hear the exhaust at all. The engine noise sound like whining gears (or it is the gearbox with whining gears!). I'm seriously considering the revolution 247 pipe to make it sound better, at £500 it's not a cheep upgrade just for the sound!. I've had the front fog lights fitted to make the front look better, they're pretty useless for seeing where you're going though! The gearbox is firm as well, it might losen up a bit with more miles, only done 500 at present. The i drive is good for motorway cruising giving good mpg, sport# is fun!! Steering is a bit too light for my taste.The interior is ok, no complaints. Seats are nice. I had a focus ST3 before, that engine was brilliant, very torquey and made a lovely noise. Subaru engine is faster but not as driveable/refined. Handling seems to be good although I haven't pushed it too hard. Brakes are good but you have to push hard. Where else can you get 300 bhp for £26k and 4 wheel drive! Take one for a test drive first. You can get a wrxs for just over £20k new at the moment!

Last edited by VinceW; 27 October 2009 at 09:25 PM.
Old 27 October 2009, 09:22 PM
rob84
Scooby Regular

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

got a hatch sti myself & wouldnt go back to an older model now, thats just my opinion as lee said above go in the members gallery we have a hatch section in there