Sponsored by:

My next Impreza?

Search this Thread

Old 23 October 2009, 01:01 PM
SimonD
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default My next Impreza?

I hope this wasn't done to death when the hatch was released as I have a few specific queries concerning the pros and cons of a Hawkye 5dr vs Hatch WRX.

As far as I can see the hatch produces power at lower revs and has shorter gearing resulting in a much reduced top speed. There's little difference in weight - so can anyone who has driven both enlighten me as to the difference in real world useability?

The move to two pot brakes seems a backward step but I was very impressed with the ride and refinement of the 2.0R I drove.

I have had two Classics and love the oe seats but had real trouble with those in the 2.0 hatch. They are really short on lower back support and an hour's drive left me with lower back pain. The hatch WRX seems to have the same seats just with a built in headrest. Having had a quick look at some old Hawkeye brochures they look pretty similar to those in the hatch.
Anyone had difficulty with either?

I'm happy enough with my MY00 4dr but would like the versatility of a hatch and a bit more legroom for the kids (+ a newer car of course). Anything else worth considering other than the subjective stuff like looks/image - I can make my own mind up on that!

Thanks in advance for any useful info.

Last edited by SimonD; 23 October 2009 at 01:02 PM.
Old 23 October 2009, 01:57 PM
Aquanaut
Scooby Regular

It might be a hatch but the boot is tiny compared to my 06 wagon
Old 23 October 2009, 02:10 PM
SimonD
Scooby Regular

I realise that but now that I no longer need to cart around push chairs it is not really an issue. My first Impreza was a Classic 5 door and the boot wasn't nearly as useful as it you'd have thought it should be by looking at the car from the outside. Rear legroom is more important to me now.