Tracker and insurance issues

Search this Thread

Old 22 October 2009, 09:03 PM
The Myth
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Tracker and insurance issues

Evening all,

Hows this for max irritation,just got my paperwork through regarding my tracker to which i am resubscribing as new owner of the car,i have to get the form to trackmaster,they then issue me with certificate etc and then i need to get a copy to my insurance company,long process considering im not covered for theft until they get there proof,what great timing for a bloody postal strike.
alan
Old 22 October 2009, 09:05 PM
Bungleaio
Scooby Regular

Can you not scan it and email them a copy or send a fax to cover you until they recieve the actual hard copy?
Old 22 October 2009, 10:01 PM
dunx
Scooby Senior

I took mine in person, as I didn't have a spare £28K to shell out !

dunx
Old 22 October 2009, 10:32 PM
Ozzy_B
Scooby Regular

You will be covered as even though they haven't received the certificate yet, there will be dates showing the tracker was fitted and activated, if anything was to happen between now and the time they get it
Old 23 October 2009, 01:46 AM
Berks-Jack
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by The Myth
Evening all,

Hows this for max irritation,just got my paperwork through regarding my tracker to which i am resubscribing as new owner of the car,i have to get the form to trackmaster,they then issue me with certificate etc and then i need to get a copy to my insurance company,long process considering im not covered for theft until they get there proof,what great timing for a bloody postal strike.
alan

Hello and Evening all,

My first post (dont be too harsh lol), i'm waiting to take delivery of my 1st Impreza (a 53 plate wrx ) and have spoken to my insurance company a few times regarding this. Each time i ring up i get a different answer as to whether i need a tracker or not. I was told originally that only STI's need to have them but the WRX's need confirmation of a CAT 1 imobillisor being fitted......

I've given them the Reg plate now and turns out i do need a tracker fitted (better for peace of mind i suppose). They said the same thing regarding not being covered for theft until confirmation is received, although they did say a fax copy would be ok.

Sorry for the essay
Old 23 October 2009, 02:09 AM
shamone
Scooby Regular

^^ as above really - as long as you have registered your tracker then you're covered, regardless of whether your insurance company have received confirmation yet. As long as, in the event of a claim, you can show that the date on the certificate is before the date of the theft, then you're covered.
Old 23 October 2009, 02:15 AM
shamone
Scooby Regular

Also, in regard to the cat1 alarm / immob....... depends which year and whether it's an import. Uk spec cars have a cat1 alarm as standard, so the factory fitted one is fine for the insurance companies, and as its standard issue there is no need to provide documentation for it.

Imports on the other hand do not have a thatcham approved alarm as standard, so proof is required to show that one has been added, or a certificate to show it has been tested and approved as up to thatcham spec.

My insurance company knew that mine had a tracker fitted as well, not sure how but they knew.......... damn big brother and its all seeing eyes!
Old 23 October 2009, 07:23 AM
wasbo
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Don't forget tracker are part of royal bank of scotland and so are the insurance company with the big red phone on wheels, they will insist on a tracker being fitted, funny that!!!
Old 23 October 2009, 10:27 AM
Berks-Jack
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by wasbo
Don't forget tracker are part of royal bank of scotland and so are the insurance company with the big red phone on wheels, they will insist on a tracker being fitted, funny that!!!
My insurance company is the big red phone on wheels and funnily enough they insist on a tracker being fitted.

The company they recommend is, surprise surprise 'Tracker'

My policy has only gone up £38 for the rest of the year though which i was quite surprised about.

Anyone in Reading/ Berkshire had a tracker fitted or can recommend a company to do it?
Old 23 October 2009, 10:43 AM
Ozzy_B
Scooby Regular

You dont have to have a tracking device just from 'tracker', the insurance company will accept most, just call to check before hand that they accept it
Old 23 October 2009, 11:35 AM
BLACK V5
Scooby Regular

Angry

Been with the same company for six years and although iv had the same car with a lifetime tracker subscription every bloody year they ask for proof of tracker at renewal or i wont be covered for theft. Its always sorted with a phone call, but does get on my t*ts.