Notices
ScoobyNet General General Subaru Discussion
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

ready for remap, just need help on last thing ?

Search this Thread

Old 20 October 2009, 04:39 PM
n_12ead
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ready for remap, just need help on last thing ?

right i now have everything i need to get my car mapped and 'transformed' lol i have up pipe, downpipe, centre pipe and fuel pump.

but i am unsure which air filter to get, do i get an sti panel filter, k&n panel filter, k&n cone ?? do i need to get some induction hose or is the standard air flow thing good enough ??

and also my car already had a backbox on when i bought it, unsure what make it is but it looks a bit like the prodrive one. anyhow it makes the car sound louder than an original one, but will this be good enough for best results after the map ?

i just want to make sure everything is spot on before i fork out 300 hundred hard earned pounds for a re-map ?

thanks in advance, nick
Old 20 October 2009, 06:05 PM
Mark'sWRX
Scooby Regular

According to most, a good panel filter is the best bet. Some say the STi one is the best, but it will need replacing evry couple of years (££s). A K&N or Green panel filter seems to be the most popular choice and will last as long as the car (just clean it out each service).

Induction kits can cause power loss, but some have them for the noise alone.

If your exhaust is a Prodrive one, it will be round and say 'Prodrive' on the tip. The dealer fitted Prodrive exhaust is oval and has WR Sport on it. Both will be fine for a remap. The backbox has very little effect on the engine, just the noise out the back.

£300 is a cheap remap, by the way.
Old 20 October 2009, 06:50 PM
Wilky_Boy
Scooby Regular

Sorry to hijack your thread mate. You have done exactly the same as me with regards to mods. However I haven't yet fitted the up-pipe. Did you do this yourself and if so how difficult was it ?

Cheers mate

Wilky.
Old 20 October 2009, 08:18 PM
n_12ead
Scooby Regular

^^no worries, and to be honest i haven't fitted anything yet, don't want to right until the day before i get it mapped. id rather play it safe this way, than put them on now and have the car running wrong and possibly causing damage. i found a 'how to' on jolly green monsters website and it doesn't seem that hard to be honest, if it is then il just get a mate to do it, mechanic mate.

cheers nick
Old 20 October 2009, 08:24 PM
n_12ead
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Mark'sWRX
According to most, a good panel filter is the best bet. Some say the STi one is the best, but it will need replacing evry couple of years (££s). A K&N or Green panel filter seems to be the most popular choice and will last as long as the car (just clean it out each service).

Induction kits can cause power loss, but some have them for the noise alone.

If your exhaust is a Prodrive one, it will be round and say 'Prodrive' on the tip. The dealer fitted Prodrive exhaust is oval and has WR Sport on it. Both will be fine for a remap. The backbox has very little effect on the engine, just the noise out the back.

£300 is a cheap remap, by the way.
yeah its round, about 3 inch i think, not checked properly, but im sure it doesn't say anything on it, im almost certain its straight through anyway though, and like you say if they only change the noise then itl be fine.

and also someone told me to get some different plugs, which though and why ? you got any idea ?

cheers nick
Old 21 October 2009, 05:03 PM
n_12ead
Scooby Regular

anyone ? which plugs to get ?

cheers