Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Do you know what pi$$es me off..

Search this Thread

Old 12 October 2009, 08:12 PM
ScoobTypeR
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Do you know what pi$$es me off..

The way Subaru's panels get dinged so easily by flying stone or *******s in car parks

Anyone else have a ding problem... Got a few now.. No doubt ill get a few more Lol

Last edited by ScoobTypeR; 12 October 2009 at 08:40 PM.
Old 12 October 2009, 08:22 PM
stevie1982
Scooby Regular

I had a fair amount on my old p1 so had them all taken out at a car show only to look a few months later and they had been replaced by lovely new ones, bloody multistory car parks. Even tried to park out the way away from any other cars but almost without fail ce back to find some mpv kid carrier parked right next to me even when there were plenty of spaces free either side. So now in the t25 I try to avoid car parks altogether
Old 12 October 2009, 08:27 PM
m@t STImulation
Scooby Regular

yup same prob
Old 12 October 2009, 08:41 PM
a16pse
Scooby Regular

Not got this problem 06 sti for fun my company van for daytime and a new astra cdti for car parks and dont give a toss if the astra gets dings, lol, not such a bad life either.
Old 12 October 2009, 09:11 PM
ScoobTypeR
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by a16pse
Not got this problem 06 sti for fun my company van for daytime and a new astra cdti for car parks and dont give a toss if the astra gets dings, lol, not such a bad life either.
Its not that mate..

Its because Subaru panels are so fragile.. Lol...
Old 12 October 2009, 11:14 PM
G-Man1982
Scooby Regular

Location: DIESEL POWERED BORAT! SLAMMED, R32 WHEELS, MAPPED, DE-CAT, TINTS. LOVE IT!

got a couple of small defects in both my front wings now from doing Engine change etc. undoing turbo bolts prob done that!!
Old 12 October 2009, 11:25 PM
firebug
Scooby Regular

i keep noticing new scratches and dints all the time, some tw@ put a big dint in my door last year. wanted to get a respray but dont see the point in getting it done if its going to happen again.
Old 13 October 2009, 10:41 AM
MikeCardiff
Scooby Regular

Yup - have had the same thing, and for some reason, its always the nearside rear door that gets them !

Since using Tesco home delivery rather than going to the shop though havent had any new ones appear

Worst one was when my wifes car was being serviced, so I let her take mine to work. She works in a small primary school with only about 12 members of staff.

When she bought the car home there was a 3 inch long crease / dent in the back door, so someone had slammed their door into it pretty hard.

Despite asking the next day in school, nobody would admit to doing it, and she couldnt remember who she was parked next to in the staff car park the day before.

Really annoyed me as the person who did it must have known, and only staff use the car park, so it was one of her colleagues, and they didnt have the guts to admit it, or own up to it the next day when everyone was questioned.

Needless to say, she isnt going to be taking the car to work anymore !
Old 13 October 2009, 10:44 AM
uk300scoob
Scooby Regular

yea the subarus body is so fragile and you get dents and chips so easy, really pisses me off the smallest we dings only i can see cause i know there there but pisses me off.
Old 13 October 2009, 11:50 AM
Proby521
Scooby Regular

Yep, annoys me too. I have quite a few dinks in the doors, and got a few quotes for pulling them all out. I then thought to myself, imagine how gutted I'll be when my dink free scoob gets a new car park bashing. I have left them for now!
Old 13 October 2009, 07:56 PM
s c o o b y
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

oh i'm pleased its not just me then !!! i thought everyone had it in for my scoob it only goes on the road in the summer and i cant believe how many to**ers there are out there find it funny to scratch it . god help them if i ever catch them lol .
Old 13 October 2009, 08:05 PM
zedhed
Scooby Regular

Yep me to,find a new one every time i polish it and i looked long and hard for a minter with no dings, got one but theres allways some clumsey t**t gona supply a new ding, god i wish i could catch one of the gits.
Rant over
Old 13 October 2009, 08:51 PM
dalmatian
Scooby Regular

I did catch some-one. I was sat in the car waiting for the wife to come out of the shopping mal when a VW Polo parked next to me and opened the door and slammed it into the side of the car. I leapt out to check the damage (a small dent and scratch) when this girl about 25 years old got out of the Polo, i pointed out what she had done and she shrugged told me to f**k off and walked away !
When my wife returned i told her what had happened, as we drove off i had a bit of red mist so i stopped walked over to her car and kicked her door in, trouble is i regretted it later and spent the next week worrying if it had been caught on cctv.
Old 13 October 2009, 08:58 PM
ScoobTypeR
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by dalmatian
I did catch some-one. I was sat in the car waiting for the wife to come out of the shopping mal when a VW Polo parked next to me and opened the door and slammed it into the side of the car. I leapt out to check the damage (a small dent and scratch) when this girl about 25 years old got out of the Polo, i pointed out what she had done and she shrugged told me to f**k off and walked away !
When my wife returned i told her what had happened, as we drove off i had a bit of red mist so i stopped walked over to her car and kicked her door in, trouble is i regretted it later and spent the next week worrying if it had been caught on cctv.
Lol.. Thats something id do... Except it might be a few doors.
Old 15 October 2009, 02:25 PM
scixer6r
Scooby Regular

Whenever i take the RB out i allways park the car on its own & use the mother & child wide spaces @ tesco,but guess what one scratch over rear wing & one door ding.No matter how much you try to keep your car out of harms way,there is allways going to be some **** who dmages it for you.
Rant over.
Old 15 October 2009, 03:06 PM
subeyman
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by dalmatian

Excellent
Old 15 October 2009, 03:17 PM
subeyman
Scooby Regular

I live nr a social club and am forever getting people parked outside my house(inconsiderate a*seholes)
1 night walking back home(2am) after a skinful I noticed a car parked up against (touching) my car, I went spastic but couldnt do anything as it was blatently obvious it would be me, so I left a note on his car saying 'theres an issue with your car please knock at 18........' so in the morning I get a knock at the door,I open it to a bloke who seems all concerned about his car, I cant repeat exactly what I said but hes never parked nr my house again!
Luckily no damage was done, being flimsy I expected cracked paint and a dent but none