Sponsored by:

CLASSIC WRX MORE BHP !!!!!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 06 October 2009, 07:02 PM
leerev
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default CLASSIC WRX MORE BHP !!!!!!!!!!

hey, got a p reg import wrx, wanting to uprate etc, needin help on mods please ????????????????
Old 06 October 2009, 07:19 PM
type-ellis
Scooby Regular

How deep are your pockets mate. As with any car, the list is endless. Most people start with exhaust, decat, filter, walbro fuel pump etc but just be aware mate as most people will tell you, idealy you will need some kind of ecu that you can remap to get the best from ya mods and keep it safe, dont want it going bang.
Old 06 October 2009, 07:35 PM
GMballistic
Scooby Regular

As "type-ellis" has mentioned it's all possible leerev. Might want to keep some cash aside though for when things start breaking or going wrong. More power or even just the power you've already got and the fact that our car's are older & sometimes not as well looked after by previous owners as they should be can all lead to engines, gearboxes etc going bang. What's been done to it so far? do you know?
It's a good idea to have a goal set (fast road/track car/BHP level?)....write a list of parts you want/like and alter it as time goes by. After all you don't want to waste money on a part now that you find isn't suitable further down the line (eg. brakes etc).
Welcome to Scoobynet BTW
Old 06 October 2009, 07:41 PM
Rich_wrex
Scooby Regular

save your money and buy an sti, seems like a good idea at the time but it really isnt, plus sti's are way more fun lol
Old 06 October 2009, 07:55 PM
leerev
Scooby Regular

well basically i no nothing about cars lol, not a good start i know !!! so far from wot ive been told it has uprated turbo, been told its good turbo ( upto 450 bhp ) n decat !!!
would love an sti but insurance WAY too much for me !!!!!!!!!! lol
Old 06 October 2009, 08:01 PM
wrx287
Scooby Regular

Coming from another classic WRX owner,i would say a good start would be bigger injectors and an uprated fuel pump then an aftermarket ECU. Apexi Fc is good value for money. But just those 3 mods are going to cost around £1000 or so.
Old 06 October 2009, 08:06 PM
leerev
Scooby Regular

what bhp would i be lookin at approx after those mods ???

Trending Topics

Old 06 October 2009, 09:44 PM
type-ellis
Scooby Regular

If i was you buddy id find someone local that knows a bit about imprezas and get them to have a nose over your car, find out what turbo is on it, if its had a bigger turbo has the ecu already been changed or played with? Once you know exactly where you stand and whats on your car you can go from there.
Old 06 October 2009, 09:50 PM
pikeywrx
Scooby Regular

Where abouts are you from mate?
Old 06 October 2009, 09:56 PM
dj219957
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

do you have a face lift or pre facde lift? easy way to check is the intercooler on the slant or is it parellel to the engine?
then we can advise better.
Old 06 October 2009, 10:11 PM
decepticon
Scooby Regular

surely this is one of the most inane questions ever posted on this forum?
no info on existing car, no idea on how much you wish to spend and what you are trying to achieve or why?
if it is for bragging rights then tell everyone it has dumpvalve and uprated turbo? and claim 500bhp-job done
then spend the rest of your money buying fuel and enjoying it as is!
Old 06 October 2009, 10:24 PM
leerev
Scooby Regular

from sheffield mate !!!!
its the pre face lift model !!
Old 07 October 2009, 02:17 PM
GMballistic
Scooby Regular

Leerev is this a wagon or sedan? (silly question but there is a difference obviously ). I think it's the same pre-facelift WRX model as mine if it's a sedan (my96 WRX Import on N reg) and is supposed to be 260ps from japan but I'd take a look at your vin plate and this site should help you identify your exact model;
Which Car is a WRX STi

Then if you look at your engine bay near the black turbo vent (if it's still there) near the air inlet pipe (from the filter) on the driver's side and try to see the front housing on the turbo you should be able to see what turbo you have (should have stampings on it or possibly a plate). If it's the standard one then I believe it should be a TD05 unless it's a wagon then I think it's a TD04 on that year. You may have just been told it's an upgrade when really it's standard .
Lot's of Subaru info on this site;
Scoobypedia | Trusted knowledge for everything Subaru | Scoobypedia / Scoobypedia

If your thinking of more power and your not that mechanically minded then there are lot's of tuners/garages that are willing to help with the obvious exchange of cash. Engine builder wise & more I'd recommend API Impreza and it's always worth giving David there a ring to see what he'd recommend and what he can do for you on your budget;
API Engines

If you still want help keep asking but you really need to give as much detail as possible so people can help you, Goodluck, Gareth