Clifford users?

Search this Thread

Old 28 September 2009, 10:10 PM
wrighty338
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Clifford users?

I need some input from users of clifford alarms please

im after upgrading security on my car, possibly with a new tracker too as clifford do them. iv been browsing concept 650 and avantguard 5.5 / smart track and id also like callgaurd.

My mate seems to think theyre quite tempromental alarms, his mate used to be a boss at an audio place and said he had a lot back for warranty work which kinda puts me off as the last thing i want is a dodgy alarm!

anyone ever had any probs or got any pro's to tell me about using any of the above?
Old 28 September 2009, 10:12 PM
G-Man1982
Scooby Regular

Location: DIESEL POWERED BORAT! SLAMMED, R32 WHEELS, MAPPED, DE-CAT, TINTS. LOVE IT!

sorry..
Old 28 September 2009, 10:16 PM
my94wrx
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by wrighty338
I need some input from users of clifford alarms please

im after upgrading security on my car, possibly with a new tracker too as clifford do them. iv been browsing concept 650 and avantguard 5.5 / smart track and id also like callgaurd.

My mate seems to think theyre quite tempromental alarms, his mate used to be a boss at an audio place and said he had a lot back for warranty work which kinda puts me off as the last thing i want is a dodgy alarm!

anyone ever had any probs or got any pro's to tell me about using any of the above?
i would be interested in this aswell, i had a clifford years ago and it was ****e, i have an avital at the moment and it has been faultless, so may have another one.
Old 28 September 2009, 10:18 PM
TonyBurns
Scooby Regular

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

If its installed correctly then you won't have any real issues, biggest one is normally the anti hijack buttons wearing out, its not really an expensive part, the rest just need an annual service to ensure its ok (bit of grease etc) otherwise I'm on my 4th clifford (concept 50, 300, 600 and 650 mk2)

Tony
Old 28 September 2009, 11:40 PM
bushiwarrior
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

clifford concept 650 II installed with black jaxx with no problems here.
Old 29 September 2009, 09:29 AM
my06 ppp silver
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by bushiwarrior
clifford concept 650 II installed with black jaxx with no problems here.
+ 1 , highly recommend blackjaxx for peace of mind.
Old 29 September 2009, 05:16 PM
billyray911
Scooby Regular

Ive had my concept 600 for about 9 years.I had it transferred from my last car by the same installation company.It took a day and a half to fit properly and i have it serviced for the VSIB certificate,each year.
As mentioned,the blackjack buttons do wear once in a while(mine has been replaced once) but that is easily changed during the yearly check.
During this time,i have had the siren battery changed (under warranty) and that is all that has gone wrong-if you can call it that.
My alarm also has a clifford turbo timer which still keeps the alarm active and is operated from the alarm fob (still using the original fob!).
Basically,i think that its/they are a fantastic alarm.The proximity sensor also acts as an alarm for my garage too!
I personally wouldnt use a mobile installer as i dont think the installation would be of the above standard-i cant confirm this though-but i dont thing a mobile would spend a day and a half on my driveway.
Hope this helps
Old 29 September 2009, 05:22 PM
myblackwrx
Scooby Regular

i had a Clifford 500 fitted to my first impreza (full closure,proximity sensors,blackjax etc) and it worked well until about a year ago when it wouldn't actually lock the doors (central locking was fine when using the key) BUT apart from that annoyance it was very good.
Old 29 September 2009, 08:56 PM
Aberdeen Al
Scooby Regular

I have the Clifford 650 and think it's fine.

My only 3 x gripes are:

1. When it rains heavily and the water runs down the screen it thinks that there is someone within the proximity of the car and it beeps constantly.

2. I've managed to lock myself out of the car whilst the keys in the ignition, car running & kids in the car!!

3. Helicopters set the alarm off too!
Old 29 September 2009, 11:00 PM
wrighty338
Scooby Regular

hmmm! interesting replies
Old 30 September 2009, 04:40 PM
TonyBurns
Scooby Regular

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Smile

Originally Posted by Aberdeen Al
I have the Clifford 650 and think it's fine.

My only 3 x gripes are:

1. When it rains heavily and the water runs down the screen it thinks that there is someone within the proximity of the car and it beeps constantly.

2. I've managed to lock myself out of the car whilst the keys in the ignition, car running & kids in the car!!

3. Helicopters set the alarm off too!
You need to speak with a clifford dealer have the sensitivity turned down (the 650 MK2 is better in quite a few aspects over the mk1) and turn the 30 sec auto locking off and just have the locking activate when you drive the car down the road

Tony
Old 30 September 2009, 04:58 PM
mr_D
Scooby Regular

i have the 650 mk2 and it has been faultless. with my blitz turbo timer intergrated with it.
Old 30 September 2009, 06:46 PM
KAOS_JNR
Scooby Regular

I have a concept 650 fitted to my car as well as a RAC Trackstar yes i agree the proximaty sensors can be a bit annoying but these can be adjusted infact i turned mine down today the alarm has a lot of functions that can be switched on or off these can be discussed with the fitter.

But I would highly recommend this system as for the tracker I feel very safe knowing that its fitted and that its backed by the RAC.

I had the whole system fitted by Gap Security and they are very good at what they do another highly recommended company..
Old 30 September 2009, 08:31 PM
Aberdeen Al
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by TonyBurns
You need to speak with a clifford dealer have the sensitivity turned down (the 650 MK2 is better in quite a few aspects over the mk1) and turn the 30 sec auto locking off and just have the locking activate when you drive the car down the road

Tony
Cheersmin