Opinions needed!!!!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 19 February 2001, 09:17 AM
bobn3
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi all,

I really could do other peoples opinion on this one,

I have to luck to be able to change my car in the next few weeks, ok its not going to be a new from the show room car.... :-)

Ok, here it is I unsure to get a Impreza Turbo, import, 93' afew extras on the car, never been on Irish roads yet ;-) or a BWM 320i coupe 96'?

Please try into account I'm living in the south of Ireland and I'm 25, 3yrs NCB,

I basically looking for opinions on running costs, and basic easy of living with. My heart screaming for the Scooby but my head thinks the Beemer would be easier to live with.... please help!!!!!

Cheers
Old 19 February 2001, 09:30 AM
RB170
Scooby Regular

OK

Day to day running i.e petrol the beemer's going to be cheaper but if you look at the bigger picture and take into account insurance, servicing and repairs I’d say that the Scooby is slightly cheaper.

You need to ask yourself what your lookikng for. If you want comfort a bit a performance nice softish ride etc them get the BM.....BUT.......
If you want ***** out performance that can generate a smile every time you exert a bit of pressure on your right foot then GET THE SCOOBY

Just my opinion

Mike
Old 19 February 2001, 11:15 AM
bobn3
Scooby Regular

Cheers :-)
Old 19 February 2001, 04:51 PM
wacko
Scooby Regular

Smile

Go for the Scoob..... you're more likely to be allowed to pull out at junctions.
Old 19 February 2001, 05:14 PM
manny
Scooby Regular

The choice is obvious..get the scoob forget BMW's they are too big, heavy and slow.
The scoob may be an insurers nightmare, but its a drivers dream. Also i don't think that the running/servicing costs are too bad....I would hate to take a beemer to a main dealer for a full 60000 mile service....ouch!
Old 19 February 2001, 07:58 PM
Chris p
Scooby Regular

Go scooby!!!

Be careful with the b,m. I have heard talk of engine problems,something like pourous blocks i think? I am sure i'ts the six cylinder , about that year .It is a warranty job, but only if you have full dealer history.
Old 19 February 2001, 08:50 PM
B-B
Scooby Regular

Depends on the sort of driving you get to do. If you do lots of short trips in heavy traffic - go for the beamer. Frustration at the amount of petrol and not being able to open up the scooby will drive you mad. If this is not the case - Scooby smile factor wins every time.

(Had Scooby - now drive BMW 328ci coupe)

B-B
Old 19 February 2001, 10:53 PM
Maddy
Scooby Regular

Talking

BMW or Scooby ... Hard choice if you ask me, but hang on a sec..., I heard that BMW's are driven by T0SSERS ! ?

Old 19 February 2001, 11:05 PM
JayRaj
Scooby Regular

I had a BMW 320i coupe. Good reliable car,which was perfect for m/ways.

However it was way too smooth even though I had the Mtech suspension, couldn't feel sod all. The power was a let down too. Off the lights got beaten by anything due to having a heavy flywheel and the sluggish straight 6 engine. I even had a Scorpion exhaust and K&N air filter, but still too little power to weight ratio.

Now I have a 98 WRX, which is the db's. I can actually smile and feel that I am travelling fast. Pound per pound, nothing can touch the Scoob. Servicing on the BM was pathethic and there not individual enough.

Don't join the crowd, be one of us!!

Jay
Old 19 February 2001, 11:18 PM
SUNDAY DRIVER
Scooby Regular

bobn,
I too had a Beemer like this and got rid of it after 11 months because it was sooo boring.V. reliable but very boring.I then bought an Integrale which was quite good fun but unreliable and hard to get parts for so then I bought a MY96 WRX and is without doubt the best car I have ever owned or driven (and I probably drive on the same types of roads as you).The Subaru is quick as hell and also Bulletproof and has an image way above the BMW IMHO.BUY IT.
Sunday Driver

Old 19 February 2001, 11:20 PM
Legacy GTB
Scooby Regular

Exclamation

I'd have to call the Beemer the smart move. The Scooby's are quick, but in my personal experience, they are too fragile in the engine department. I will always be expecting mine to break again. Technology and turbos are no substitute for cubic inches at the end of the day.

Sorry guys!

Richard
Old 20 February 2001, 09:33 AM
bobn3
Scooby Regular

Well it looks like its going to be the bmeeer!!!

I can't get a quote from any insurance company :-(

Is there anyone in from Ireland that could give advice, (no offence to anyone else)

Thanks
Old 20 February 2001, 01:43 PM
SUNDAY DRIVER
Scooby Regular

BOBN ,
Try the thread in the Irish Section from last week,and DONT buy that Beemer-it will bore you.