Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

STI VI

Search this Thread

Old 11 March 2002, 12:31 AM
cico
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Could you give me any infos about this model?
Which were the differences between this one and the previous STIs?
Cheers
Cico
Old 11 March 2002, 07:41 AM
Brian Swan
Scooby Regular

The STi6 is basically an STi5 with a new alarm system. It is maybe available in different colours as well but technically they are as per an STi5.

You will find more information on the net for an STi5 than a 6 so i would say just look for those details.

There were too many changes from STi1 to STi5 to mention them all but if you go to http://www.iwoc.co.uk/jpimp.html then you will see complete descriptions of Japanese spec cars.

One question i have for you: Is there a Scooby dealer in or around Milan?
Old 11 March 2002, 07:48 AM
MichelleWRX1994
Scooby Regular

The wing is slghtly different on a Ver 6 IIRC as in bigger...?
Old 11 March 2002, 08:15 AM
ptholt
Scooby Regular

Not bigger particularly, the rear wing lifts a little at the back, and you have front lip spoiler, thats about it.
Old 11 March 2002, 09:31 AM
ian/555
Scooby Regular

Also the STi VI had 6 spoke gold alloys except the Type R which kept the 5 spokes. The rear wing is as stated with an up turn to the rear edge, which had the effect of supposidly increaseing downforce when going sideways, when you compare it to the version V rear wing. It also had the front lip spoiler as mentioned above. Most of the changes where purely cosmetic.
I think if you was to contact Cameron Leask (spelling) who can be found on www.iwoc.co.uk he might be able to help you, as I seem to remember a website put together by him with all the specs and equipment for the STi VI.

hth ian
Old 11 March 2002, 11:36 PM
cico
Scooby Regular

Brian Swan-sure there are i think 2 or 3 Subaru's dealers around Milan also 2 in my city (Genova) which is smaller.
- I heard voices telling that in Japan STI VI had 300 bhp as standard : do you agree?
Old 12 March 2002, 01:06 AM
clarence
Scooby Regular

The wings on STi6 are apparently very effective.
When BM pitched a STi6 RA against an Evo 6 RS in Tsukuba, the STi managed to beat the Evo. This is the 1st time the STi managed it since the Evo 4 came out.
Old 12 March 2002, 03:35 AM
Brian Swan
Scooby Regular

cico - Thanks, looks like i'm moving with my STi5 to Monza / Milan area before the end of the year. There's a separate thread on that one.

With regards the 300bhp not technically correct. It is specified as 300PS not bhp, with the bhp figure proabably about 290 but someone will correct me. The important thing to remember is that figure is based on Japanese 100RON fuel and not European standard 98 Octane of the Super Unleaded.

With European Sup.Unleaded and in bhp - maybe about 280 but somebody else will correct that as well.
Old 12 March 2002, 10:17 AM
ian/555
Scooby Regular

Also just remembered that the STi VI type R that I owned had a feature of having to have the clutch pedal fully depressed to start the engine, I'm not sure if this was on the STi V's but it wasn't fitted to the STi IV that I use to own as well.
On the engine power issue I remember reading somewhere that the STi VI's that went to Cyprus (where mine was sourced from) had been played around with to increase power, by I think changing the restrictor in one of the boost hoses and some other tweaking to the ecu as well. I did have quite a bit of info about the STi VI on my hard drive but unfortunatly the files have been corrupted [img]images/smilies/mad.gif[/img] and don't open now
ian
Old 12 March 2002, 11:03 AM
RoShamBo
Scooby Regular

Cant believe no-one has mentioned the wing mirrors!
STi6's have different "bullet" style mirrors compared to the STi5's to aide aerodynamics !

Ro.
Old 12 March 2002, 11:27 AM
ian/555
Scooby Regular

I think that the Bullet style mirrors where just an option, unless you went for the 15 inch wheel version of the RA.
The Sti VI Version Ltd came with blue front seats, blue trim on the dash and with blue dials (blue theme) which was surprisingly only available on Sonic blue mica.
(sorry! for not remembering ALL the details)
ian