Sponsored by:

Scoobyworld cat-back package

Search this Thread

Old 01 August 2009, 08:41 AM
Jonnys3
Scooby Regular

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Scoobyworld cat-back package

Well in a couple of hours I'll be off to scoobyworld to get me a backbox and de-cat centre section package fitted. My wallet and need to not pi$$-off the neighbours is sort of dictating that I have a racebox backbox fitted but having heard the afterburner vortex on youtube I'm tempted to have one of these cos they sound soooooo good. Dilemma is that I work shifts and I really wanna avoid pi$$ing off the nieghbours - I read that the afterburner comes with a bung though.

What to choose, what to choose...
Old 01 August 2009, 09:55 AM
powerwrx
Scooby Regular

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

ide go for the scoobyworld cat back or the Ninja 2, i think they would be loud enough but not over the top. like you say,the vortex comes with a bung which suggests its LOUD,therefore you would have to fit the bung...so personally i cant see the point in having one if you have to bung it up,you may aswell get a nice sounding one that isnt intrusive
Old 01 August 2009, 03:32 PM
Jonnys3
Scooby Regular

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Got to scoobyworld and saw the size of the afterburner backbox hanging in the shop . Suffice to say I think it would quite easily have pi$$ed off the neighbours big style - which was confirmed when I heard its roar on the a customer's car who was in for a fitting before my wagon. Went with the racebox and a de-cat centre section in the end I am very very happy at the choice and the tone is superb!!!

Big thanks to Wendy and all at Scoobyworld who were totally brilliant - very hospitable to both me and my kids (who loved the xbox in the waiting room); and customer service was second to none. First impressions count and I was very impressed.
Old 22 September 2009, 08:22 PM
AnimalAlex
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Seconded! I had exactly the same as you back in April and the noise still puts a grin on my face. I am starting to think about a further decat to make it a bit louder though...

Going back there in a week for a service so might have to make a few enquiries!

Best,

Alex