Sponsored by:

Police Story

Search this Thread

Old 28 July 2009, 02:04 PM
AdamMole
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Police Story

A few years ago when I have my Mini Cooper S I got caught racing an black evo. The problem was the evo was an unmarked police car.

At the time the evo was following me for about 2 miles and I was non the wiser it was a copper. After a while I got a bit bored so decided to see if the evo could corner like the Cooper S could.

So on the next roundabout that came up I gave it the beans and left the roundaround around 60+, fun in a front wheel drive car. At this point the evo started to speed up although in fairness I was only 200 yards away. So I continued to give it the beans. At the next round about I pretty much did not left off, only a little apex bend. Took it around 70 (national speed limit though) and after that the evo was no more.

Although seconds later the evo was at the side of me with blue lights flashing. I pulled over and put my hands up. In fairness they were right to pull me but I enjoyeed it when I look back now. They could have banned me but they were ok. 3 Points & a £60 fine, the look on there face, priceless.

Have you ever been involved in any similar? Lets here it.
Old 28 July 2009, 02:06 PM
Myles
Scooby Regular

I'd say your experience is rare, to say the least.
Old 28 July 2009, 02:13 PM
cossie-nutter
Scooby Regular

I think you should change your name to Adrian Mole - The Secret Diary of Adrian Mole and the police!

Had a similar story 1 time very late night in the Rs Cossie with a Black Skoda Octavia trying to play me on the back roads! Well needless to say I lost them proper! To the point I got the car back in the lock up and was at home making a cup of tea when the coppers then managed to catch up and be at my door! 0230 ish Sunday morning. I let them in we had a chat about the error of my ways and they wasn't going to do anything as 1 of the coppers said he was on Passionford.com and was good to see a Rs Cosworth be drove safely with at speed and not a jumped up chav who can't handle 1! Made them a cupper aswell and they left! LOL

Yes I was Sh1ttting my bricks as thought all kinds until they left!

Last edited by cossie-nutter; 28 July 2009 at 02:19 PM.
Old 28 July 2009, 02:29 PM
ShaggyDooWRX
Scooby Regular

Not me, but a mate had a similiar encounter in his EVO, but the police car was an unmarked Impreza STi this time.

Same kind of story, following him, then goading him into putting his foot down by booting it up behind him now and then. When he finally gave in, after a few miles and gave it the berries, they pulled him and hit him for a fine.

If you ask me, its entrapment. Some cops seem to love it when they are in evos or impreza's and come across another similar vehicle because if they get blown away, they can still 'win' in their eyes by pulling you over and taking some of your cash.

You have to be careful and not give in to them and fall into their trap don't you.
Old 28 July 2009, 04:12 PM
AdamMole
Scooby Regular

in fairness I enjoyed the whole experience and it calmed me down for a bit. You never know who is watching. I am very caution now of even seeing corsa GSI/SRI. They will soon be driving them as they are already on push bikes where I live.
Old 28 July 2009, 06:11 PM
dunx
Scooby Senior

A million years ago a friend of mine was stopped by a copper on a bike....

He threw it infront of him to make him stop ! Avenger 1500 GL booted out of a pub car park, (no that clever) and his lady friend wasn't for much longer....

LOL

dunx

P.S. They've never goaded me, 'cos I'm a grown up.
Old 28 July 2009, 06:39 PM
nick172sport
Scooby Regular

few years ago in my cosworth every monday morning going tu work at 5am in liverpool always used to get police traffic cars goading me to race up my **** pulling beside me and givin it some never took the bait thank god
Old 28 July 2009, 07:08 PM
ScottJ
Scooby Regular

You were lucky with the 3 points then I'd say... as tempting as it is, I always have my concious self kick in a resist a little play.

It would be just my sort of luck that Id get the book thrown at me and I witnessed my mate have a very bad accident right in front of me the last time we had a little bit of fun on the roads!
Old 28 July 2009, 10:13 PM
AdamMole
Scooby Regular

true mate, it has slowed me down on the roads. I keep the fun for the tracks now, cheaper in the long run with points and more fun. Even the driving experience from wh smiths work out cheaper than points for the dreaded insurance renewal,
Old 29 July 2009, 07:50 AM
gpssti4
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If you're sure it is the police baiting you then three little words.............

Brake test them.

They shouldn't be baiting you and if they're so close as to hit you then they're not driving at a safe distance. I believe that a traffic cop would loose his job, fair play as they shouldn't be doing it.
Old 29 July 2009, 04:24 PM
jono300
Scooby Regular

Quote "" 3 Points & a £60 fine, the look on there face, priceless

Surely it was the look on your face when your realsied who it really was, was it not ??!!
Old 29 July 2009, 04:50 PM
mr_D
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by jono300
Quote "" 3 Points & a £60 fine, the look on there face, priceless

Surely it was the look on your face when your realsied who it really was, was it not ??!!

agree with the above,

my mate claims this happened to him down by me, a black evo which the police do have. it tried racing him and when my mate won the copper pulled up and aparently praised him and sent him on his way. how true this is i dont know but it dont sound right.
Old 30 July 2009, 08:39 AM
AdamMole
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by mr_D
agree with the above,

my mate claims this happened to him down by me, a black evo which the police do have. it tried racing him and when my mate won the copper pulled up and aparently praised him and sent him on his way. how true this is i dont know but it dont sound right.
Mr D, not really sure why you think I would post a lie on here. The black evo is based in Hackenthorpe main street police station, just near cystal peaks, Sheffield.

Oh and it was the look on there face for all of about 5 secs when I pulled away & then the look on my face when the pull me after the next round about.

If you are looking for an arguement you have really come to the wrong place to do it. Plus if you don't like the post, don't write on it. Simple.
Old 30 July 2009, 08:55 AM
mr_D
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by AdamMole
Mr D, not really sure why you think I would post a lie on here. The black evo is based in Hackenthorpe main street police station, just near cystal peaks, Sheffield.

Oh and it was the look on there face for all of about 5 secs when I pulled away & then the look on my face when the pull me after the next round about.

If you are looking for an arguement you have really come to the wrong place to do it. Plus if you don't like the post, don't write on it. Simple.

who is starting an argument? i clerly state in my post that i am referring to "MY FRIEND" and i live in cardiff not sheffield. so how could i be referring to you? i dont even know you! we have the evo's and subarus and top of the range BMW's. but all i was saying was i dont believe my mate!

oh and before you post telling me
"if you don't like the post, don't write on it."

i think you should read the actual replies before you start running your mouth or being a keyboard warrior

Last edited by mr_D; 30 July 2009 at 08:58 AM.
Old 30 July 2009, 10:52 AM
Arab1
Scooby Regular

There is a guy in my village with an evo fq320 serving a ban for racing what he thought was a boy racer at 130mph in heavy rain which actually turned out to be the traffic police in an unmarked volvo.