ScoobyNet General General Subaru Discussion

twin zorsts on a Scooby?

Search this Thread

Old 20 July 2009, 01:25 PM
Timur 008
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question twin zorsts on a Scooby?

Anyone done a conversion on the classic or newage shape to have a twin rear exit pipes installed (one on each side) not like the standard ones showing 2 exits off the single pipe. I'm considering having one make up from Cat/back & wondering what the sound is like if you have done this or got one on your Scooby's as i had one made up before on a different 2lt turbo sports car & the sound was amazing
Old 20 July 2009, 01:59 PM
Grant74
Scooby Regular

Had one on my MR2- just put a single on
Old 20 July 2009, 02:11 PM
Timur 008
Scooby Regular

Cool,
you see i got a nice after market kit on my Scooby & the rear bumper as i nice space for another exhaust so i'm wondering if its worth getting rid of my already nice single large sports pipe & getting a twin separate one made? also wondering if the rumble on the Scoobys are improved with the extra pipe? or is it just extra weight for nothing??
Old 20 July 2009, 02:18 PM
jonny_693
Scooby Regular

Have a look on Barry Boys there will be loads.
Old 20 July 2009, 02:50 PM
Timur 008
Scooby Regular

lol
Old 20 July 2009, 03:24 PM
Wurzel
Scooby Senior

Received 73 Likes on 54 Posts

I think H&S do one but you would need to go and check. Stainless steel exhausts manifolds and headers from Hayward and Scott
Old 20 July 2009, 04:08 PM
Timur 008
Scooby Regular

thanks Wurzel think i found something similar from that site you sent me Stainless exhausts manifolds headers
its a quad conversion but i'm sure i could make it a just a twin larger exit instead
thanks again!
Old 20 July 2009, 04:19 PM
dazdavies
Scooby Regular

Received 82 Likes on 46 Posts

Originally Posted by JONNY_693
Have a look on Barry Boys there will be loads.
Bit unfair that remark! It was a simple question and there was no need for that BS smart arsed reply.

I'm looking at doing something similar due to noise levels. Will be running circa 600bhp and my Blitz NUR Spec R would be way too noisy for track. The twin exit solution is one I am considering.

Here's a pic of a TA evo with a twin pipe. Although I think these are a tad on the large side.

I think two 3 inch pipes would look great. Although you'd need to protect the holes in the bumber from melting somehow.

I'd like to see pictures of this bumper that you have if you have any.

Cheers

Daz
Old 20 July 2009, 04:20 PM
Fat Boy
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

extra weight for nothing IMHO. Less is more
Old 20 July 2009, 04:31 PM
Wurzel
Scooby Senior

Received 73 Likes on 54 Posts
Cool

Originally Posted by Fat Boy
extra weight for nothing IMHO. Less is more
This sort of comment always makes me laugh! how much weight is going to be added to a road car, yes remember this is a road car not a WRC car where every second counts. A couple of kilos max!!

I had 150kgs of plaster in the boot of my car, 370ps MY00 on saturday and it made the car handle better. so all you numpties that think putting your daily shopping in the boot of your road going family saloon runins the handling and performance are deluding yourself! if you can honestly tell the difference in performance due to the weight I will be seriously gobsmacked and bow to your superiorority.
Old 20 July 2009, 04:37 PM
Timur 008
Scooby Regular

Thanks for your comments peeps, specially Daz & Wurzel - you know where i'm coming from on this matter,. its just a question & as i don't see many Barry boys in my neck of the woods with what i had planned to do to my car - just wanted to see how it looked on the car if anyone had done it to their car & wondered if it had any good changes to the car in anyway. Anyhow all replies much appreciated
Old 20 July 2009, 04:54 PM
jonny_693
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by dazdavies
Bit unfair that remark! It was a simple question and there was no need for that BS smart arsed reply.

I'm looking at doing something similar due to noise levels. Will be running circa 600bhp and my Blitz NUR Spec R would be way too noisy for track. The twin exit solution is one I am considering.

Here's a pic of a TA evo with a twin pipe. Although I think these are a tad on the large side.

I think two 3 inch pipes would look great. Although you'd need to protect the holes in the bumber from melting somehow.

I'd like to see pictures of this bumper that you have if you have any.

Cheers

Daz
Well excuse me if thats what sort of images 'twin exit zorst' and 'aftermarket bodykit' cungers up.
Old 20 July 2009, 05:30 PM
mr_D
Scooby Regular

im 99% sure i saw a scooby with a twin exhaust before. i think it was on pistonhead or something like that.
Old 20 July 2009, 06:06 PM
Diesel_DC
Scooby Regular

Location: Back in Diesel wonderland - 3.0 TDi Quattro A4, with more toys than Ann Summers...lol

i see a bugeye yesterday with a twin exit, and it looked nice. Spoke to h&s today and was quoted £400 +vat for single pipes just the bb.
Might be ordering one myself.
Old 20 July 2009, 06:12 PM
S1FU
Scooby Regular

If you put a picture for us to see the bumper to give you a better answer. I, personally, prefer the single look on a scoob but with the bumper it may be ok.
Old 23 July 2009, 10:23 AM
Timur 008
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by S600B_DC
i see a bugeye yesterday with a twin exit, and it looked nice. Spoke to h&s today and was quoted £400 +vat for single pipes just the bb.
Might be ordering one myself.
NICE! was that quote for a bugeye or any Scooby? well tempted!
Old 23 July 2009, 11:04 AM
Fat Boy
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Exclamation

Originally Posted by Wurzel
This sort of comment always makes me laugh! how much weight is going to be added to a road car, yes remember this is a road car not a WRC car where every second counts. A couple of kilos max!!

I had 150kgs of plaster in the boot of my car, 370ps MY00 on saturday and it made the car handle better. so all you numpties that think putting your daily shopping in the boot of your road going family saloon runins the handling and performance are deluding yourself! if you can honestly tell the difference in performance due to the weight I will be seriously gobsmacked and bow to your superiorority.
Well, people chavving up their cars for no discernable benefit and their supporters make me laugh, but each to their own. Not a lot of extra weight granted but **** all upside...

I think it would look ridiculous - hey just my opinion, although unless I'm mistaken the OP was inviting people's opinions .

My car certainly wouldn't handle better with an additional 150 kilos in it ( 450bhp P1 with exe tc) and, yes, I could tell the difference, so get bowing. I'd get your suspension sorted if I was you as there is something badly wrong with your car if it handles better with the equivalent of two blokes sitting in your boot...

HTH

FB