Notices
ScoobyNet General General Subaru Discussion

Complete Scoob T0$$er @ Total Fitness

Search this Thread

Old 07 March 2002, 09:24 PM
MarkJackon
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I was walking through the car park at total fitness in Wilmslow when I heard a familar sound, Scoob with LOUD exhaust, some Kn*bhead was flying down the access road round the side, must have been doing fity+ as some poor sod was reversing a Golf out, Scoob Kn*b anchors on and slews to one side narrowly avoiding the Golf. It was a Silver MY 95 with NASTY three spokes on. He had his bass pumping out like nobody could hear him. It might have raised a smile if I had been on the bypass but on a 10 mph limit, dont think so.

No wonder the poor old Scoob is getting a bad rap these days with idiots like this getting hold of them. Perhaps there should be some psycological assesment these days before you are allowed to buy a performance car. Generally most Scoobs I see seem to be driven well and at sane speeds when there are people about.

You have nothing to prove !

Old 07 March 2002, 09:38 PM
EBR
Scooby Regular

I've had my WRX for a few days now - I give it some stick on the M-ways, dual carriageways and backroads. Although the performance is obviously completely different it handles exactly like my Primera GT without the wheelspins.

Driving around town I actually find it more fun NOT to speed safe in the knowledge that if I want it I've got it. I can't believe the amount of t*ssers there are that want burn ups in the 30 limits. Judging by what I've already read around these boards there are plenty around.
Old 07 March 2002, 09:54 PM
catflap
Scooby Regular

Unhappy

Yep its official scoobs are starting to be ownd by *** heads

2 noghts ago took a sin out at 11 ish in the night with a mate , intended to drive through some country lanes, take in some scenery and sime cool night breez.

Drve past a carpark, notice a white wrx, oo i turns in to say hi, but insted he pulls off and circlues behind me (far enough, cant be too carfull, very wise of him) so i think no bother, ill just move on my way.

This *** head sits 1mm from my bumper, its a 30 zone, im dooing 30, he then blasts pased me onto a roundabout pushing 70+ screems off into the streets.

FINE if thats what you want.

SOme hours later i see him again in the carpark (on our retun form the nice drive) pulls up along sde to say hi, all i get is a mouth full of abuse form 2 base ball caped thickos in must be 17.

fin uk subarus are fin s*te, your fin car is not as fast as my fin car, ill bet you 50 quid its not as fast.

calmy explain that a standard l reg (his) wrx has aprox 24 bhp, and my uk turbo, was dynoed last month at 235, so ther is not alot in it, he starts laffing calling me a d*ck head and swearing, by this time think sure your cool, and driive off.

If i hadent have grown up a while ago i would have smacked him in the chops, but not the sort of behavious for a teacher.

scoobs are cheep now, expect moe of the same from *** heads.
Old 07 March 2002, 10:02 PM
MarkJackon
Scooby Regular

Remember what happened to the poor old Sierra Cosworth, nice car ruined by the attentions of pond life.

You would expect a little mutual "Respec" even from baseball hatted kids based on a common appreciation of a superb car, apparently not. How the hell do these **** buy, fuel, insure,tax and maintain what is a fairly expensive car ?

One guess ?
Old 07 March 2002, 10:05 PM
MarkJackon
Scooby Regular

I did notice as well that it didnt look very stable under braking, I suspect that it may be knackered.
Old 07 March 2002, 10:07 PM
RichardPON
Scooby Regular

Exactly Mark!

Try owning a saff cossie like I do!
Old 07 March 2002, 10:11 PM
Harry_Boy
Scooby Regular

Insurance? Tax? Do they bother? Sadly, the older Scoobs seem to be heading the same way as Golfs, Corrados, previous generation 3 series and so on.....
Old 07 March 2002, 10:14 PM
EBR
Scooby Regular

Dear Catflap.

Am I too understand you are a teacher ? Judging by your lack of accurate spelling and grammar you could be one of the causes why these young heathen came out of school with bad attitudes and no manners !!!

Either that or you've been on the beer big-time ??????????

Old 07 March 2002, 10:15 PM
DazV
Scooby Regular

Yep the Scoob is the new Sierra Cosworth (driven by ********* and drug peddlers)*

Its been out a long while now, the 2nd hand prices have become affordable to ********* and consequently the car it getting an increasingly bad image. I sold mine last year.

*No offence to considerate Ford lovers - I know there's some of you out there too, especially some of the guys on this BBS who are decent blokes.

Old 07 March 2002, 10:21 PM
Dr Jones
Scooby Newbie

Unhappy

Shame to think that that WRX will probably spend the rest of its life in McDonalds Car Park - ******* like that always get there *** kicked sooner or later - what a turd.
Old 07 March 2002, 10:27 PM
JimmyY
Scooby Regular

After that damning verdict of new Subaru owners I'll go and get my deposit back then!

Nar, maybe not. I loved the test drive so much that I had to have it. Think the dealer was surprised because I was so gentle with it (the car, nothing else! ) Just can't wait to get it now. And more than anything else, once i get it I want to cherish it and polish it and become a sad car polishing anorack. Plus I might drive it occassionally.

Oh this next week is going to drag... so far I've told everyone that will listen, and most people who aren't listening too!

Jim