ScoobyNet General General Subaru Discussion

URGENT URGENT URGENT!!!!! Please help me

Search this Thread

Old 09 July 2009, 02:54 PM
Rustynutz
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default URGENT URGENT URGENT!!!!! Please help me

Hi, i need some urgent advice please everyone. I was just changing the bulbs on my dash, had reconnected everything together and was ready to finish. But i have no power at all now. I thought maybe i'd blown a fuse, but i've checked all i can find (under bonnet and behind coin tray) and they all appear fine. There is power coming from the battery but nothing coming through the electrical system. Can't start engine, can't lock with fob, nothing. I've tried disconnecting the battery negative terminal, leaving off for 30 seconds then reconnecting but still nothing. Does anyone have any advice. The reason its urgent is that i should be driving to Gatwick this evening and its a long walk from south wales!!!!!!! Please....anyone?!?!
Old 09 July 2009, 03:00 PM
scooby546
Scooby Regular

Hi mate, I had a similar thing on my Legacy - not totally dead but wouldn't lock / start, turned out it was a blown fuse in the under bonnet fuse tray, but if you've checked them then I'm not sure

If it was the bulbs in the instrument cluster you were changing, it would be worth taking it out again to double check those connectors just in case - cables are pretty short on mine and awkward to fit, so I cut some of the cable wrapping back on the shortest cable to make it easier

Hope that helps & you don't have to walk
Old 09 July 2009, 03:03 PM
Rustynutz
Scooby Regular

have tried the key thing, like resetting the immobiliser without locking, unlocking the car. The red immobiliser led blinks like normal, but then still nothing!!!!!

Yeah, had the whole instrument panel out, changed bulbs, reconnected the 3 plugs into the back, and now, nothing! I've changed the bulbs before with no issues. Wondering if there's some sort of master reset or something i've tripped out?!?!?! I dunno, just kinda panicking!!!!!
Old 09 July 2009, 03:05 PM
GMballistic
Scooby Regular

Hi there,don't know if this will help but.....
Have you checked the key fob battery?
Have you checked for fraid/loose or damaged wires behind the dash?
Have you checked the "gold coloured" strips on the back of the clocks?ie no brakes in connectors, gold strips un-broken.
Do you have an immobiliser? are all it's wires still connected?ie did you accidentally disturb some of these wires in fitting your dash bulbs.
Are there any in-line fuses under the dash or other places that you may have missed??my car has about four of these(1 for rear fog, 1 for stereo, 1 for amp, 1 for air horn).

Not sure what else to suggest really. I hate electrics
I'm off out now but I'll ask my mate if he has any ideas. Gareth

Last edited by GMballistic; 09 July 2009 at 03:06 PM.
Old 09 July 2009, 03:05 PM
Rustynutz
Scooby Regular

Have removed bulbs now and tried again with same results!!!! Will double double check the fuses!!!
Old 09 July 2009, 03:19 PM
Abx
Scooby Regular

Another random answer, perhaps you have killed the battery by shorting something, try jump starting it!
Old 09 July 2009, 03:28 PM
Rustynutz
Scooby Regular

Just got back in, and Arronb, you're right. Got the hint from trying to lock doors from inside and it was just completely dead. Put my Jump starter on and away to go. Thank ou everyone for their help, much appreciated and know that i think it'd be impossible for one man to try all of your possibilities so quickly again, thankyou!

Panic Over.....Deep breaths!!!!! Girlfriend not gonna kill me!!!!!