ScoobyNet General General Subaru Discussion

Tasty Japanese Parts - Which?

Search this Thread

Old 05 July 2009, 12:04 PM
cyrusgod
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Tasty Japanese Parts - Which?

So.. I am about to buy a V5 Classic STI.. living in Japan and want to get some cheap parts whilst I am out here..
Already said I don't want to go down the modding route.. but .. what the hell - you only live once!
This is the car :
Used car searching | Car Portal site Goo-net
As you can (or possibly can't) see it already has an exhaust, turbo timer, induction kit and coilovers.
As I am over here for the next 6 mths at least I may as well get a few more goodies from the big Japanese names - Blitz, HKS, Apexi etc.
What do you suggest for :
- Electronic Boost Controller
I am likeing the look of the Blitz R-Vit I-color system but it looks like a display rather than a controller? I had an HKS EVC IV previously on my SX that worked well. I like the idea of a low-boost eco/OMG too much snow mode and a high boost crazy summer mode
- FMIC
Is it worth it if I am only aiming for 350ish bhp.
- Dump Valve (Recirc?)
I don't think they are worth doing unless the old one can't cope? Being the car is over 10 years old worth replacing? On the SX it just made the car overfuel and large flames come out of the exhaust.. (which was kind of fun driving round Kingston and seeing the girls run for cover outside the night clubs )
- Exhaust Manifold?
- Aftermarket guages - I like the look of the defi but I want the car to look standardish inside. Is the standard boost guage decent?
- ECU
Whatever the local tuner likes using if the mods above are done.

Anything else you would suggest without touching engine internals and huge costs?
Cheers guys/girls