Notices
ScoobyNet General General Subaru Discussion
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Egg gaskit gone- repair advice required.....

Search this Thread

Old 04 July 2009, 04:29 PM
oxscooby
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Egg gaskit gone- repair advice required.....

Right, where do i start.....
Been looking for a scooby for about a month now and finally found one on ebay which looked nice and bidding was still reasonably low.
The car was a 97 sti type r 555 edition in yellow and the ad is as follows:
1997 SUBARU IMPREZA STI TYPE R / P1 on eBay (end time 02-Jul-09 19:18:28 BST)

So, on thursday evening I bid and won the car which i was pretty happy about and proceeded to phone the seller to arrange payment and collection (was supposed to pick up today ). It took about 5 phone calls over a time period of about an hour before the guy answered. Anyway, the chap seemed a little annoyed that the car sold for less than he wanted but then in my opinion he should have put a reserve, which he did not do. He then goes on to say that people had contacted him after the end of the auction offering him more money but he would stick to his word and sell to me and that i could pick the car up saturday morning at 10am. He also said "dont worry about the £100 deposit, just pay in full saturday."

Friday evening comes and i decide to call him to get his address for collection but what a surprise, he does'nt answer his phone or reply to my texts. I finally get a call later from him saying he had left his phone in the car. I ask him for his address and he says he will text it to me later so i say "Ive got a pen and paper so i might as well write it down now". His response after a long silence- " I dont know how to spell it as ive only just moved in", he then says its clarkley street in **********. So fair enough i give him the benefit of the doubt but it seemed a bit strange to me. Then a few hours later i get a text from him with an address that is different to the one he told me. By this stage alarm bells are ringing and he also says "can you come after 2pm as i've been called into work." This also seemed strange as in his ebay ad he stated he was only selling up due to being out of work.

So, anyway by this time I have already changed my insurance over, ran off a hpi check and planned transport to collect the car (over 2 hours each way) so was getting a little worried.
Saturday comes and at 10.49am i get the following text from the seller: "Alright mate just got home from work and my ******* egg gaskit has gone just ringing round to get it fixed sorry about this mate i am well pissed off"

Now at first i really wanted to laugh but thought ok, i'll call him and see what the "crack" was ( no pun intended!). Yes you guessed it, no answer.
Im no fool and really dont like being messed about, all seems way too fishy for me.

But hey, any information on how to repair a broken egg gaskit would be appreciated so i can pass this info on to the seller......
...Plus im still on the lookout for a nice scoob...

Last edited by oxscooby; 04 July 2009 at 04:34 PM.
Old 04 July 2009, 04:38 PM
DJ_Jon
911 C4 pilot

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

make sure you give him negative feedback & an egg beater
Old 04 July 2009, 04:42 PM
TonyBurns
Scooby Regular

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Just tell him that you will fix it, turn up with a trailer to pick the car up and the yokes on him

Tony