Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Just driven the new GTR on a track day!

Search this Thread

Old 03 July 2009, 10:56 PM
kingchrissyp
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Just driven the new GTR on a track day!

As title me and my Brothers went on an experience day as we had a load of Tesco vouchers to use and i was meant to be driving a Ferrari 360 but as i was waiting i saw the GTR was free and as that was what i really wanted to have a go in i asked if i could change,and to my suprise they just said no problem and i was straight in the GTR.
As i d never driven an auto or paddle shift etc i was a little nervous about just jumping into the 500bhp monster and mixing it with Lambo s,Ferrari s etc,but it was quite simple actually and got used to it straight away as it s kind of like playing an Xbox game.
My Scooby is around 280bhp and this felt worlds apart in performance it was trully amazing,but was most impressed with the way it cornered it just grips and grips and just corners like i didn t think possible!
Least to say i was impressed.They had a lot of Focus RS s about to which i finally got to have a closer look at and they looked pretty quick up the straights.
Was a pretty good day just wish you had longer in the cars
Old 04 July 2009, 07:49 AM
wez_p
Scooby Newbie

very jealous who was the experience day with? i've had the people who deal with hire cars at work on standby for letting me know as soon as one of them have a GTR available for hire!!

i had a passenger ride in a mate's when it was standard and he's added around 100 bhp to it since! feel like i'm just killing time with any other car at the moment until i can afford one
Old 04 July 2009, 09:28 AM
Jonnys3
Scooby Regular

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Were you at everyman racing yesterday king? They had a white GTR there and it was very popular, and there were a lot of Focus RS cars there too, as well as that monster lamborghini Gallardo LP560-4. I took advantage of the impreza rally driving offer whilst there - was loads of fun!
Old 04 July 2009, 10:13 AM
kingchrissyp
Scooby Regular

Yeah it was the Everyman experience day,When i booked it the GTR wasn t available as they have only recently got it there,and as i was waiting for my go in the Ferrari i just kept looking over at the GTR,The guy who came round with me said i made the right choice as of all the cars there little could keep up with the GTR s pace even in the hands of a complete novice as they are just so easy to drive fast,and as i mentioned the way it cornered is something else!
I ve been talking to the mrs about selling both our cars and possibly the house to get one
We ll have to see if she ll agree
Old 04 July 2009, 04:52 PM
kingchrissyp
Scooby Regular

Just uploaded the pics to Facebook so i thought i d share!
Chris Price's Photos | Facebook
Hopefully should work
Old 04 July 2009, 09:32 PM
Jonnys3
Scooby Regular

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Nice pics there Chris! I've posted mine and the missus' below - she was in an impreza, which, judging by the fact she was being overtaken by the supercars rather frequently, was just not fast enough for her. She also reckons you don't get long enough on the track - by the time she got used to driving lines etc. it was time for her to come in. Me however, well it might've only been 6 laps on the gravel/mud stage, but slamming and sliding around the new impreza hatchback was loads of fun.

Julie's Everyman Racing Photos - Facebook

Last edited by Jonnys3; 04 July 2009 at 09:35 PM.
Old 05 July 2009, 11:01 AM
kingchrissyp
Scooby Regular

Nice pics,you must have gone earlier in the day as they said they d had alot of rain earlier and actually had to shut the track at one point!We were on late afternoon and it was luckily back sunny and dry again by then!I quite fancied a go at the rally experience but after the GTR i was happy with what i did!