Sponsored by:

M11 - More To$$ers & Dangerous Too...

Search this Thread

Old 05 March 2002, 10:53 AM
Puff The Magic Wagon!
Support Scoobynet!

Received 15 Likes on 9 Posts
Angry

M11 South of Bishops Stortford heading south - 3 Lanes.

I'm in the inside doing an indicated 80, coming up on a car & a lorry. Clear behind except for 2 cars way back in o/side lane.

Indicate to move into middle lane & car in front decides its a good time to o/take the lorry & does too.

By this time the first of the cars in the o/s lane is too close for a safe manoevre into the o/side, so I back off a tad & let him pass. The 2nd car in the o/side lane is 100m back, but must've been going 100. However, I'm left with little space in front, travelling 15 mph faster & I move to the o/side lane. 2nd car (large Audi Estate) has to back off & sits inches from my bumper as I overtake the car in the middle lane. NP to me ( )& as soon as I had passed I moved back to the inside lane & he roars off. There goes another one

As usually happens, I carry on in my lane, moving to the middle when necessary whilst there is a long line of traffic in the o/side. Again, as usually happens, they all have to brake sharply & me on the i/side doesn't & move up (metaphorically speaking ) 6 cars. I carry on as before, sometimes venturing into the o/side lane if the ones on front are full. I'm still doing my "limit" of indicated 80 btw. It then happens that I have to move into the o/side lane again in front of Mr Audi, who had not been paying attention & had dropped back a bit. Safe manouevre. Tw@t realises he's lost a space & to a car he'd already overtaken ( ) & proceeds to sit on my bumper again. Again NP to me & when I'd gone past the car in the middle, moved back to the i/side lane.

This time Audi doesn't roar off (road in middle & o/s clear for 1/2 mile) but moves into the middle lane & keeps station a bit behind me in that lane. He had given no visual (sign or flashing) that he'd been annoyed with me other than sitting on my bumper when I'd briefly been in the o/side lane. When I start coming up on a slow moving Transit, still 300m away, I start to indicate to change lanes. The o/side lane is completely clear & he would've been able to see my indicators. He speeds up & runs with his bonnet next to my door & refuses to move lane. I back off & so does he, same as when I speed up (hard in a Diesel Vectra), I back off again as the Transit is looming large in front of me & so does he

WTF? Where does he get off on such a dangerous move? [img]images/smilies/mad.gif[/img]

Ar$ehole [img]images/smilies/mad.gif[/img]

What happened? Well, not great but no-where to go to, I went onto the hard shoulder, undertook the Transit (sorry m8) & rejoined the carriageway, undertook a car in the middle lane (sorry m8) & moved into the o/side in front of Mr Audi ( ). Proceeded to check my brakes - hard

Now I'm not an angel by any means but please explain what I'm "supposed" to have done wrong? Anyone? Other than my speed possibly being in excess of the posted limit at my 80mph indicated on the speedo, did I do anything agressive towards plonker? Never raised a finger (or 2), never gesticulated, never horned him, flashed my lights - absolutely nothing. I made careful and pre-warned manoevres between lanes and generally did my best to ignore him and make reasonable progress safely at the same time.

After that attempt to box me into the back of the transit, I'm afraid he was fair game in my eyes, so his eyeballs deserved to bulge when I slammed my brakes on (nothing behind him).

Am I better off driving like an idiot & cutting people up? Can't beat 'em (by driving carefully) join 'em??

Add today's episode to one yesterday when a BMW decided that in order to stop me moving to the o/side of 2 lanes to overtake a truck, he would drive 1ft off the bumper of the car in front having closed the space from 3 cars to that as soon as I had started indicating. All cars doing 55mph (indicated)

There's me trying to get to work stress-free

Interestingly, both cars were driven by men in their 40s, suited with ties, who both had male colegues of the same age/dress

Menopausal mid-life crisis males with an overdose of testosterone?
Old 05 March 2002, 10:58 AM
Scoobychick
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wink

Sounds like a case of "Irritable male syndrome" to me
Old 05 March 2002, 11:05 AM
carl
Scooby Regular

Puff -- calm down mate

I would have just waited behind the transit at whatever speed it was going. Mr Audi would soon have got bored.

Old 05 March 2002, 11:07 AM
TonyBurns
Scooby Regular

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I has some To55er in a mk4 golf yesterday, overtakes him in my poorly scoob (loosing boost at the top end of the rev range and she shows it now ) on a bit of duel carriage way and he starts to speed up, well gets into the twisties and im taking it pretty easy (hes still there but falling back a little), keeps checking my mirror and hes still wanting to play, passes a big truck which is coming the other way so brakes just before the corner as its taking up all the white line, goes round and doesnt see mr golf again (dunno what happened to him but i dont think there are any turn offs there) oh well, i suppose you get one or two out there but i think the reps seem to be the worst for it (mr golf seemed to be a rep).

Tony
Old 05 March 2002, 11:20 AM
Mo
Scooby Regular

Location: the fastest rentals in town......0-100mph in 10 seconds
Too many people wanna die young with a heart attack I think.

They have this big thing with being in front all of the time, so what, I'll sit behind stress free!

Saying that there's only so far you can go, Puff, I'd have been tempted to stop with the Audi and ask him why he had felt the need to be such a **** - givin' it large cos his mates in the car? Wouldn't have looked so clever if you'd chinned him!!
Old 03 May 2002, 10:58 AM
Osama Mc Donalds
Scooby Regular

Red face

Keep in the slow lane .... always in the slow lane

Osama

[Edited by Osama Mc Donalds - 3/5/2002 10:59:56 AM]
Old 03 May 2002, 10:59 AM
DJ Dunk
Support Scoobynet!

Thumbs up

Idiots.

Wouldn't it be nice to get to work without encountering these complete tw@ts every single day ?

[Edited cos I canny speel]

[Edited by DJ Dunk - 3/5/2002 10:59:54 AM]