Which Pads?

Search this Thread

Old 25 May 2009, 04:57 PM
the_big_1
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Which Pads?

Hi All,

What would you recomend to replce the all the brake pads on my 2006 WRX STI?
I dont want to upgrade etc, just replace worn ones.
Old 25 May 2009, 05:56 PM
Aaron1978
Scooby Regular

Can only comment on what i use, and on both my last and current scoob I've used Ferodo DS2500 and would recommend these to anyone.

Aaron
Old 25 May 2009, 06:09 PM
my06 ppp silver
Scooby Regular

i would recommend pf (performance friction). these work excellent with standard brembos and discs. also get yourself some goodrich braided hoses for a world of diffrence over your standard setup. pads- front and back about £225. hoses about £90
Old 26 May 2009, 12:32 PM
Aztec Performance Ltd
Former Sponsor

We do the Performance Friction pads for £116.85 front and £62.82 rear. Great fast road and occasional track pads.

SUPERHIDS ONLINE STORE - WHOLESALE PRICES DIRECT TO THE PUBLIC - Brakes :: Subaru Impreza :: Performance Friction Brake Pads - Z (PF.11) Compound

If you don't want to upgrade and OE ones work for you then some OE spec from your local motor factors should do the job.

You're not even coming close to using the car properly if OE pads are suffice though
Old 26 May 2009, 12:35 PM
the_big_1
Scooby Regular

lol i just need some tempory pads to last me a couple of month while I get some finances sorted lol
Old 27 May 2009, 12:51 AM
cossie-nutter
Scooby Regular

Ferodo DS2500
Old 29 May 2009, 03:35 PM
scooby-tc
Scooby Regular

Only problem with pf pads is that they give off a lot of brake dust and f**k your wheels up if you dont clean them weekly other than that they are very good.Pagid are supposed to be very good aswell
Old 29 May 2009, 06:51 PM
bluenosewrx
Scooby Regular

Agree with Scooby tc, there is a lot of brake dust. however there performance WHEN up to temp is fantastic.

if, like me you only drive mostly short distance then avoid the PF set up as i found to my cost after 4500 miles there were half worn!!!! as i did not get them up to temp all the time as my run to work is only 3 miles each way.

They are amazing brakes when up to temp so if you do really fast road and longer journeys they are excellent.

Also make sure you buy from a Authorised UK PF seller as BOB5 is not!!!! again as i learned to my cost and would not buy another thing from him.

TBH PF UK have been brilliant and sorted it all out no problem, hats off to them in a big way.

Mac
Old 29 May 2009, 07:39 PM
Aztec Performance Ltd
Former Sponsor

As per the phonecall:

Under UK Law, it makes no difference if a company is an authorised dealer or not. Your warranty and aftersales lay with the company from whom you purchased from.

Your brakes were out of the warranty period of 12 months anyhow, but we were still taking steps to assist you. You chose to take it to PF UK directly without keeping us upto date. It was very kind of them to send you a replacement set.

We have had a warranty claim before (1) for PF products (faulty clips) and we simply took some from our stock here and sent them to the customer after identifying what was wrong.

If there are items that need looking at outside of the warranty period, this is something that we will also do.

By not being authorised we can supply the same products, same warranty at reduced prices. If we were authorised, then we wouldn't have been able to save you a wedge of cash. That is the only difference.

Not a bad result though, out of warranty, non-defective and you got a brand new set of brakes from PF without even having to send your old ones back. Glad you got it sorted.

Cheers,

Bob

Last edited by Aztec Performance Ltd; 29 May 2009 at 07:57 PM.
Old 31 May 2009, 02:55 PM
bluenosewrx
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by BOB'5
As per the phonecall:

Under UK Law, it makes no difference if a company is an authorised dealer or not. Your warranty and aftersales lay with the company from whom you purchased from.

Your brakes were out of the warranty period of 12 months anyhow, but we were still taking steps to assist you. You chose to take it to PF UK directly without keeping us upto date. It was very kind of them to send you a replacement set.

We have had a warranty claim before (1) for PF products (faulty clips) and we simply took some from our stock here and sent them to the customer after identifying what was wrong.

If there are items that need looking at outside of the warranty period, this is something that we will also do.

By not being authorised we can supply the same products, same warranty at reduced prices. If we were authorised, then we wouldn't have been able to save you a wedge of cash. That is the only difference.

Not a bad result though, out of warranty, non-defective and you got a brand new set of brakes from PF without even having to send your old ones back. Glad you got it sorted.

Cheers,

Bob

As per phonecall, what happened between PFUK and me has NOTHING to do with you!!!!, how do YOU ACTUALLY know they were non defective, My Garage told me there was abnormal wear and i trust their judgement more than yours.

If you were actually helpfull when i had the problem instead of telling me that they were out of warranty(by a month) and non defective without seeeing them and would not provide a replacement set while i sent the old ones back even though i offered to pay for them if it transpired that mine were actually fine,( i stilll have all the e mails).

Some customer service that, however i realise you have a buisness to run and cannot help out everyone,and i also appreciated the phone call to put over my side.

Lets leave it at that with no hard feelings.

Mac
Old 31 May 2009, 06:36 PM
TurboAndy
Scooby Regular

Stay well clear of Red Stuff pads as they are ****, Alot of people who have used them will back me up on this. They end up cracking your discs. Ferodo or mintex are bloody good pads.