ScoobyNet General General Subaru Discussion
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

FAO OF THE PLOD!

Search this Thread

Old 17 May 2009, 03:12 PM
G-Man1982
Scooby Regular

Location: DIESEL POWERED BORAT! SLAMMED, R32 WHEELS, MAPPED, DE-CAT, TINTS. LOVE IT!
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default FAO OF THE PLOD!

please clear this up for me... is it or is it not illegle to have information on undercover police cars, police hotspots on a forum??

thanks
Old 17 May 2009, 03:13 PM
StickyMicky
Scooby Regular

Post some and find out
Old 17 May 2009, 03:14 PM
G-Man1982
Scooby Regular

Location: DIESEL POWERED BORAT! SLAMMED, R32 WHEELS, MAPPED, DE-CAT, TINTS. LOVE IT!

Old 17 May 2009, 04:11 PM
JonMc
Scooby Senior

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I doubt it will be illegal, but depending upon whether you are talking about unmarked traffic cars or genuine undercover police would depend upon whether you would have placed someone's life at risk.

I've seen plenty of details of unmarked traffic cars appear on the net, and so what!

If I was in one of the SO branches (and no I'm not a copper) working undercover inside a cartel gathering evidence I'd be a little p!ssed if my details appeared on the net

Hope that sheds some light
Old 17 May 2009, 05:05 PM
m@t STImulation
Scooby Regular

its not ilegal like the black x5 undercover car in maidstone.
Old 17 May 2009, 05:35 PM
Splitpin
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by m@t STImulation
its not ilegal like the black x5 undercover car in maidstone.
It's hardly undercover if you know about it, is it?
Old 17 May 2009, 05:46 PM
G-Man1982
Scooby Regular

ok i will refine my question... know unmarked cars.... e.g

color:Silver
car: vectra,
reg: EG04 PIG

that sorta thing in a "known unmarked cars" section of a forum
Old 17 May 2009, 05:46 PM
ScoobyDawg
Scooby Regular

marked cars, unmarked cars and surveillance vehicles, I would doubt if you could identify the last one. So its probably an unmarked traffic car or detectives car.
Old 17 May 2009, 05:50 PM
G-Man1982
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by ScoobyDawg
marked cars, unmarked cars and surveillance vehicles, I would doubt if you could identify the last one. So its probably an unmarked traffic car or detectives car.
Old 17 May 2009, 05:51 PM
JonMc
Scooby Senior

Originally Posted by ScoobyDawg
marked cars, unmarked cars and surveillance vehicles, I would doubt if you could identify the last one.
Not out on the street, but in a previous job the local plod used a garage on my site to house their surveillance vehicle. It would have been really easy for me to spill the beans, but ethically, it would undermine the investigations it was used in and I would be responsible for the waste of tax-payers money
Old 17 May 2009, 06:04 PM
G-Man1982
Scooby Regular

ok ... i will once again refine....

its a cruise site, for people in cars other than scoobys, therefore most of you would call us... chavs, we have speakers in our boots, and we race round an industrial estate late at night away from houses and other general road users.

so unmarked cars would be doing nothing wrong apart from letting our fellow "Cruisers" what not to play with.

im all for police catching real criminals. i obviously would not tell the world about an investigation into dirty skaggy dealers, pedos, REAL chavs, etc.

Old 17 May 2009, 07:22 PM
Midlife......
Scooby Regular

It's not actually illegal to have knowlege of any piece of information...............it's just how you decide to use it.

In this case I doubt if the information released into the public domain would be of any criminal intent.

Just try it and see

Shaun
Old 17 May 2009, 07:58 PM
cossie-nutter
Scooby Regular

Not Illegal at all to have pictures or information or to pass it about!! Here's a few of our local 1's!

Last edited by cossie-nutter; 17 May 2009 at 08:01 PM.
Old 17 May 2009, 08:08 PM
G-Man1982
Scooby Regular

sweet.... just seemed like we was delt with quite harshly last night just for handing out flyers. and the fact the took them off us pissed me right off!!! Rang my missis to delete infos about police off the forum as i was not sure!

shame the coppers we had last night aint like the interceptors that delt with most last night, they were sweet.

Cheers ill maybe give it a go!
Old 17 May 2009, 08:20 PM
cossie-nutter
Scooby Regular

They are only aloud to confiscate stuff if it's illegal or dangerous or offensive to the public!

Depends what was on the flyers ? (If your handing out flyers for a "Krooze" then it's an illegal activity Uninsured then I am sure they are aloud to!)

As we don't know the full facts so it's hard to comment!

Last edited by cossie-nutter; 17 May 2009 at 08:25 PM.
Old 17 May 2009, 08:32 PM
v8voodoo
Scooby Regular

Perverting the course of justice?

Obstruction = obstructing an Officer carrying out his/her duty?

Would any of those maybe apply?
Old 17 May 2009, 08:38 PM
G-Man1982
Scooby Regular

this was the flyer...
Old 17 May 2009, 08:41 PM
Timwinner
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by v8voodoo
Perverting the course of justice?

Obstruction = obstructing an Officer carrying out his/her duty?

Would any of those maybe apply?
Thats it, You would be hard pushed to get prosecuted for it but tis not a sensible thing to do.
And when some chav see's an unmarked car and speeds off the other way and kills someone you would have that to contend with ( I mean morally ).

An unmarked car and an under cover car are two very different things, If you had details of surveillance vehicles and you posted them up then you would get nicked, and to be honest why would anyone want to post details of surveillance vehicles.
Un marked cars are public domain, but its still not wise to go around shouting about it.
Its the same as if you stood 300 yards up the road from a speed trap with a sign that said "speed trap ahead"

The most amazing thing about this, and Im NOT going to make it public knowledge on here if you dont already know it is this. There is a 100% reliable way to spot un marked police cars and for cruisers that claim they are into cars to have not figured it out after all these years makes me wonder if they have the brains to even be driving.

Dont expect an easy ride from the police if your handing out leaflets like this, you cant expect to be a dick to them and then get away with things when they start checking you have notified you insurance company about your strobes.
Old 17 May 2009, 08:46 PM
MrLouKnee
Scooby Regular

when i was in the army many moons ago in ireland, the taigs would stand outside the camps with a note book writing down all the VRN's going in and out of the camps, we used to drive round in CPV's (civilianised patrol vehicle)

there is absolutely nothing u can do, these ppl just claim they are like train spotters but they are car spotters instead

Last edited by MrLouKnee; 17 May 2009 at 08:49 PM.
Old 17 May 2009, 09:02 PM
G-Man1982
Scooby Regular

i hear ya timwinner! speakers in the boot and big wheels! didnt say nothing about strobes!

joking aside, i totally agree with you. you got the chavvy little ******* spoiling it for us that just like to gather mingle and chat shat about cars alnight. still think the old bill need to prioritse there ways of enforcment tho. maybe sitting down there with there ANPR cars, catching the tw@ts with not tax ticket or insurance would be a start. the only way they will stop car meets/cruises is to phisiclly nick every 1. and they wont do thats to much paper work, recovery trucks, and man power! with the tax payers money??

im all up for police controled meets, just not the power hungery bobbys that just want a nick b4 the end of there shift! AND NICKING MY FOOKIN FLYERS!!
Old 17 May 2009, 09:04 PM
cossie-nutter
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Scoobyman1982

this was the flyer...
That's it and why they took them off you! The police have had alot to deal with in Southend and local Area's with Boy racers and if they can prevent any future event that are illegal they are aloud to do so!
Old 17 May 2009, 09:12 PM
G-Man1982
Scooby Regular

its still BS! my small forum aint gonna even make a mark on the 8 -900+ cars that go down there every week!
Old 17 May 2009, 09:20 PM
cossie-nutter
Scooby Regular

its still BS! my small forum aint gonna even make a mark on the 8 -900+ cars that go down there every week!
It still entices Boy racers onto a forum that then can do illegal activities!

I own a few forums and we don't shout about it by hanging on the streets most nights or handing out flyers,

We ain't no angels and trust me we do stuff you wouldn't believe but we keep it to our selfs and places no where knows of or would ever think of!

But my sites are most about Santa Pod, The Ring, Track days, Rolling Road events etc...

Word of mouth about events is the best way to keep things sensible!
Old 17 May 2009, 09:24 PM
G-Man1982
Scooby Regular

i agree cozzie... but word of mouth dont work if no 1 knows each other to talk to! lol hence a flyer at the place where people go every week, tells em its there and it dont entice no 1 else but the people that are already there!
Old 17 May 2009, 09:29 PM
cossie-nutter
Scooby Regular

i agree cozzie... but word of mouth dont work if no 1 knows each other to talk to! lol hence a flyer at the place where people go every week, tells em its there and it dont entice no 1 else but the people that are already there!
BUT the police see it from a different point of view!

Website stickers on cars usually work and word of mouth!

Do some funky stuff with the website stickers to make people see them and laugh!

A few years back a certain member decided to stick our website stickers all over the speed camera's where ever he went! I wouldn't advice it but we was lucky and never got in any trouble nor did the site! I am not saying do it but have some harmless fun!
Old 17 May 2009, 09:32 PM
s70rjw
Scooby Senior

Surely the word of mouth method would limit the drivers who bring the unwanted attention. so long as people can keep their mouths shut, that is.
Old 17 May 2009, 09:45 PM
G-Man1982
Scooby Regular

stickers are a good idea, but cost money. the forums less than 48 hours old so dont really want to spend on it.

30 members already (which i thinks good) so maybe sickers is somthing to look at.
Old 17 May 2009, 10:18 PM
cossie-nutter
Scooby Regular

stickers are a good idea, but cost money. the forums less than 48 hours old so dont really want to spend on it.

30 members already (which i thinks good) so maybe sickers is somthing to look at.
I have a man who can make stickers cheap and indeed 1 of our forum members and a really good reliable bloke!

This is his website and if you contact him say I sent you!
Decalarama - Vinyl-Cut Logos, Decals, Signs & T-Shirts

The trick is buy say 50 then sell them for 50p Extra on each sticker allowing you to start a kitty for the future! You will soon get your money back and what's left put into the site!

You could always do a "Group Buy" and get people to pay upfront!
Old 17 May 2009, 10:20 PM
G-Man1982
Scooby Regular

thanks for the contact.. i will keep that close incase my sticker man lets me down
Old 17 May 2009, 10:57 PM
Get A Grip
Scooby Regular

i hear ya timwinner! speakers in the boot and big wheels! didnt say nothing about strobes!

joking aside, i totally agree with you. you got the chavvy little ******* spoiling it for us that just like to gather mingle and chat shat about cars alnight. still think the old bill need to prioritse there ways of enforcment tho. maybe sitting down there with there ANPR cars, catching the tw@ts with not tax ticket or insurance would be a start. the only way they will stop car meets/cruises is to phisiclly nick every 1. and they wont do thats to much paper work, recovery trucks, and man power! with the tax payers money??

im all up for police controled meets, just not the power hungery bobbys that just want a nick b4 the end of there shift! AND NICKING MY FOOKIN FLYERS!!
You'd be nicked for your spelling, I wouldn't wonder. And would deserve it too.

Quick Reply: FAO OF THE PLOD!