Sponsored by:

Scammed Using www.CarPartsEuro.com

Search this Thread

Old 06 May 2009, 06:30 PM
1uke
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Scammed Using www.CarPartsEuro.com

Well I've just been scammed by a fake company called Accumulusparts Ltd who were reccomended to me by Car Parts, used car parts, car breakers and parts auction at discount prices, I used them to search all the companys on there system to see if any of them had a Vf turbo for my Wrx, thats when AccumulusParts Ltd emailed me to say they were breaking a 2004 sti and would sell me the turbo... They even asked me to use paypal so I thought it would be ok....
Been reading up on paypal disputes alot recently and it seems paypal only pay up if the culprit has money in the account otherwise paypal can basicly do nothin, so looks like im out of pocket!!

heres the details for the fake company just in case they try do this again with same phone numbers etc:

www.accumuluspart.co.uk

45 preston new road
Blackburn
Lancashire
Bb2 6ae

01254 689393
01254691326 07543442837
accumulusparts@hotmail.co.uk

I feel such a mug and dont know if i can trust anyone for parts now except known retailers!
Old 06 May 2009, 06:36 PM
1uke
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Connor_scotland
What all happened for you to be scammed mate?
A company said they would sell me a turbo and took my money for it, and now have dissapeared of the face of the earth not answering the phone/emails/answer phone messages. There website has also been taken down. I contacted Car Parts, used car parts, car breakers and parts auction at discount prices and they said this:

Dear Sir/Madam,

Unfortunately today we have found that Accumulus parts are no longer a
genuine supplier.

Please contact you Bank/Credit Card Company and cancel the payment
immediately.

I am very sorry for any inconvenience caused, this was beyond our control.

Regards
Car Parts Euro
Old 07 May 2009, 07:25 PM
Jessica82
Scooby Newbie

Unhappy Scammed by the same company!

Hi,unfortunately I have been scammed by the same company 2 weeks ago.I ordered a car part and was promised that the part would arrive within 4 to 5 days but never did.The person on the phone sounded very unprofessional and very "chavvy" he did not know anything about the part I was ordering.At first I really thought it was too good to be true as they charged very little for delivery but I only realised after paying by debit card when it was too late!Accumuluspart.co.uk is the fake u.k based website where I purchased my part,it does not exist anymore and im still trying to contact them everyday but with no success.This does make you feel very frustrated and upset as I cannot believe that there are still evil *******s out there who can just come and steal your hard earned cash no matter how much.
You are definately right,it will be very difficult to trust anyone else unless they will accept payment on delivery only.I would like to know if you have been to the police as I am definately going to report them tomorrow.
I do hope there have not been many victims out there and that nobody else falls into such scams so please do watch out everybody!
Old 07 May 2009, 07:29 PM
TonyBurns
Scooby Regular

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Get the police involved, its pretty much fraud and thats a nice term in jail (though its also blackburn and there are alot of asian companies that will rip you off doing this sort of thing )

Tony
Old 07 May 2009, 07:48 PM
The Zohan
Scooby Regular

Angry

Originally Posted by TonyBurns
Get the police involved, its pretty much fraud and thats a nice term in jail (though its also blackburn and there are alot of asian companies that will rip you off doing this sort of thing )

Tony
The low miles perfect condition gearbox i brought for my V6 Galant was frm just such a company in Blackburn - they soon dropped the 'sir' bit and started swearing and threatening when i asked for my money back as after fitting it becam apparent that it did not have a 5th gear anymore. Never got the money back, they went out of business soon after, no doubt starting up agian next day, makes you sick hard working people parting with money only to be scammed, duped and robbed by scum like this!
Old 07 May 2009, 07:57 PM
1uke
Scooby Regular

Sorry to hear its happend to you also Jessica!

I spoke to a woman first then a youngish very chavvy talking male who didnt really know alot, but me being a mug couldnt believe the price they were selling the vf35 for and ignored all the signs I guess.

Your probably the person making 1 of there phone lines engaged when I try ringing them lol.

I have thought about the police but from what I have heard they wont even do the paper work for something like this and just be a big waste of my time I guess.

Makes me feel so sh*t when I think I have worked almost 2 days for these thieving scum bags.
Old 07 May 2009, 09:26 PM
Simon C
Scooby Regular

The site is registerd to

Registrant's address:
23 Gilnow Grove
Bolton
BL1 4SH
GB
Old 07 May 2009, 09:38 PM
cossie-nutter
Scooby Regular

Ive just rang the number but looks like bt haven't disconnected it yet!

And this is yet another reason I ******* HATE Paypal!
Old 07 May 2009, 10:56 PM
escott
Scooby Regular

Tony
Sorry Tony - who mentioned anything to do with 'asian' companies - care to elaborate on your issues?
Old 07 May 2009, 11:07 PM
bioforger
Scooby Regular

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Harsh result, but always use a credit card! Any medium to large purchases I make are on a ccard, then at least you have some kind of protection. Mark it down to experience.

Ebay/Paypal are only interested in invoicing you for fees. If anything goes t1ts up u are **** out of luck. This has always been the case.

You can forget getting the police involved to, they are only interested in large scams. Your best best is the small claims court, but don't hold your breath there either.

Last edited by bioforger; 07 May 2009 at 11:09 PM.
Old 07 May 2009, 11:23 PM
GlesgaKiss
Scooby Regular

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Simon C
The site is registerd to

Registrant's address:
23 Gilnow Grove
Bolton
BL1 4SH
GB
First thing I would do is go there if that's who has registered the site.
Old 07 May 2009, 11:33 PM
bioforger
Scooby Regular

Mate it will just be a postal/forwarding/bogus address, there won't be anyone there relating to the 'business'.
Old 07 May 2009, 11:36 PM
GlesgaKiss
Scooby Regular

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by bioforger
Mate it will just be a postal/forwarding/bogus address, there won't be anyone there relating to the 'business'.
That's what I thought. Must be some way of finding out where these people reside?
Old 07 May 2009, 11:45 PM
bioforger
Scooby Regular

Not usually if they are any good at what they do, i.e scamming people. They would have covered all their tracks.
Old 07 May 2009, 11:52 PM
ALi-B
Support Scoobynet!

Received 301 Likes on 240 Posts

Just had a bit of Deja-Vu.

Abour 2 to 4 months ago a guy PM'd me asking to remove a thread mentioning this very company due him having legal threats......

Last edited by ALi-B; 07 May 2009 at 11:54 PM.
Old 07 May 2009, 11:58 PM
cossie-nutter
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by ALi-B
Just had a bit of Deja-Vu.

Abour 2 to 4 months ago a guy PM'd me asking to remove a thread mentioning this very company due him having legal threats......

ALI-B do you delete the threads or put them into a deleted section that only Admin, Mods can see for future reference ?
Old 08 May 2009, 08:03 AM
N_Scooby
Scooby Regular

How is your paypal account paid mate. Mines comes off my credit card, so I've always presumed I was covered by that if Paypal played silly buggers.
Old 08 May 2009, 09:06 AM
ALi-B
Support Scoobynet!

Received 301 Likes on 240 Posts

Originally Posted by cossie-nutter
ALI-B do you delete the threads or put them into a deleted section that only Admin, Mods can see for future reference ?
Yes, we have a sin bin for such purposes.
Old 08 May 2009, 09:08 AM
cossie-nutter
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by ALi-B
Yes, we have a sin bin for such purposes.
Cool good to know!
Old 08 May 2009, 07:21 PM
1uke
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by bioforger
Harsh result, but always use a credit card! Any medium to large purchases I make are on a ccard, then at least you have some kind of protection. Mark it down to experience.
I went to use my credit card on the phone but they said they have paypal would I mind doing it by that instead... so I did

Originally Posted by N_Scooby
How is your paypal account paid mate. Mines comes off my credit card, so I've always presumed I was covered by that if Paypal played silly buggers.
I thought about that, I have my credit card and debit card registered on my paypal account, but unfortunatly It used my Debit card.

On a brighter note who else believes in ying yang thingy? I just had a letter from Alliance and leicester and seems they put payment protection on a loan I got with them without my permission and I'm going to get a refund of £190 hopefully, which is £10 short of which I just had stolen from these scammers... hmmmn where is this £10 going to come from watch this space lol

p.s Thx for sympathy much apreciated, I just hope others can avoid this company/situation thats why I posted this!
Old 08 May 2009, 09:03 PM
Chris.B
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by TerzoAlan
First thing I would do is go there if that's who has registered the site.
I should be in Bolton tomorrow - will take a look
Old 08 May 2009, 09:05 PM
Chris.B
Scooby Regular

Just looked on google maps and that's a private residence property!
Old 08 May 2009, 09:10 PM
1uke
Scooby Regular

If there is a supra outside it might be the right address as he said he had just brought a import one. Probably more lies!
Old 08 May 2009, 09:32 PM
TonyBurns
Scooby Regular

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Smile

Originally Posted by escott
Sorry Tony - who mentioned anything to do with 'asian' companies - care to elaborate on your issues?
Maybe you dont have such companies in your area, lets just say that ive been around long enough to understand these companies in certain area's of lancs/yorks that do this for the "fast cash" then disappear, mainly asian, though not to associate with good reputable asian companies that are out there, but unless you know the area (its less than 10 miles from where i live) then you wont know the people that live there.

Tony
Old 08 May 2009, 09:40 PM
Jessica82
Scooby Newbie

Go put a gun in their mouth and shoot them all..........dissolve their bodies in a tub full of acid....
Old 08 May 2009, 09:42 PM
Chris.B
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Jessica82
Go put a gun in their mouth and shoot them all..........dissolve their bodies in a tub full of acid....
LMFAO!!!!!
Old 08 May 2009, 10:37 PM
cossie-nutter
Scooby Regular

Maybe you dont have such companies in your area, lets just say that ive been around long enough to understand these companies in certain area's of lancs/yorks that do this for the "fast cash" then disappear, mainly asian, though not to associate with good reputable asian companies that are out there, but unless you know the area (its less than 10 miles from where i live) then you wont know the people that live there.

Tony
Sounds like Bedford and Peterborough to me! (I live in-between the both!)
Old 08 May 2009, 11:09 PM
GT Scooby blue
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Jessica82
At first I really thought it was too good to be true as they charged very little for delivery but I only realised after paying by debit card when it was too late!
Jessica.
I would keep in touch with my bank if I were you, just in case they use your card number and details to take more money off you.
Robbing, Thieving Dirt.
Old 08 May 2009, 11:20 PM
jbl
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by 1uke

I thought about that, I have my credit card and debit card registered on my paypal account, but unfortunatly It used my Debit card.

!
You need to look up how to use 'Chargeback' on your Debit card, gives the same protection to the user as if it was a Credit card. Banks keep very quiet about it.

Good luck

JBL

Quick Reply: Scammed Using www.CarPartsEuro.com