Sponsored by:

Subaru Goodwill

Search this Thread

Old 30 April 2009, 10:05 PM
khizrs
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Subaru Goodwill

Is it worth me trying to get Subaru to give a goodwill gesture?

I have a 2006 legacy that needs around £300 of work, the car is under three years old and 9k miles out of warranty. The car has a fssh.

If it was BMW they would most likely just pay the lot, or pay the parts or something liek that.

My dealer says it's a waste of time asking Subaru.

Is that true?
Old 30 April 2009, 10:08 PM
Marx Mcrae
Scooby Regular

Cant hurt trying, just dont get your hopes up.
Whats wrong with the car anyway
Old 30 April 2009, 10:13 PM
The Dogs B******s
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Not sure what you want???????????????
Old 01 May 2009, 09:03 AM
jonny_693
Scooby Regular

It would depend what you want out of them. Is it service/wear and tear items i.e brakes, clutch? If it is I'd tell you to sling your hook.
Old 01 May 2009, 09:28 AM
S1FU
Scooby Regular

As mentioned it depends whats wrong with it. Is it a part that tends to go wrong whilst under warranty normally?

If it's 9k out of warranty I think you'll have to chin up.
Old 01 May 2009, 09:29 AM
TonyBurns
Scooby Regular

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

£300 quids worth of work on a 3 year old car is nothing, grin and bear it!

Tony
Old 01 May 2009, 10:07 AM
Timwinner
Scooby Regular

I have a 06 wagon that needs New ABS sensors and work on the handbrake, I was told to go whistle.
Old 01 May 2009, 10:12 AM
CupraDave
Scooby Regular

The car obviously does loads of miles if it is under 3 years old and 9k out of warrenty, I would say forget asking and get your wallet out
Old 01 May 2009, 01:02 PM
ReggieMY99
Scooby Regular

Maybe your wallet should show some goodwill now
Old 01 May 2009, 01:31 PM
Puff The Magic Wagon!
Support Scoobynet!

Received 15 Likes on 9 Posts

Crikey - why is everyone so harsh?

It is of course worth a go asking - don't ask don't get. I always found Subaru Warranty to be extremely helpful and reasonable with my Wagon.

My Volvo had a number of items that were fixed "out of warranty" because they see the bigger picture and the car has a FDSH. Some had a contribution required. For instance they would only give me 30% on a clutch slave cylinder that went at 90,000 miles (30K out of warranty) but 90% when the ECU went crazy (£1000!!) at 100,000. Replaced wheel bearings FOC at 85K & a couple of other minor bits.

So definately worth asking as it is in their interests to keep customers loyal and supporting their dealer network.
Old 01 May 2009, 01:35 PM
Puff The Magic Wagon!
Support Scoobynet!

Received 15 Likes on 9 Posts

Oh & I changed dealer on the basis that one made the effort to work for the customer and the one I changed from didn't - sounds like yours can't be bothered.
Old 01 May 2009, 06:11 PM
khizrs
Scooby Newbie

Originally Posted by HT04
so you spent loads of money buying the car and are too tight to pay 300 quid. if you didnt look into the running costs of a subaru before you bought it then you only have yourself to blame.

dan
This post shows so much stupidity, I won't bother making further comments.

Originally Posted by Puff The Magic Wagon!
Crikey - why is everyone so harsh?

It is of course worth a go asking - don't ask don't get. I always found Subaru Warranty to be extremely helpful and reasonable with my Wagon.

My Volvo had a number of items that were fixed "out of warranty" because they see the bigger picture and the car has a FDSH. Some had a contribution required. For instance they would only give me 30% on a clutch slave cylinder that went at 90,000 miles (30K out of warranty) but 90% when the ECU went crazy (£1000!!) at 100,000. Replaced wheel bearings FOC at 85K & a couple of other minor bits.

So definately worth asking as it is in their interests to keep customers loyal and supporting their dealer network.
Indeed, if this was a BMW I am 99.9% it would be at no cost, or maybe just the cost of labour.

Oh & I changed dealer on the basis that one made the effort to work for the customer and the one I changed from didn't - sounds like yours can't be bothered.
My dealer is actually quite nice, he has asked subaru who told him not to bother submitting it in writing.

The part is a cooling fan and motor,
9k out of warranty and still under 3 years old, I think they should pay for it.

Not much faith in their product, kind of annoying as I bought this car because it should in, theory be reliable + good to drive.
Old 01 May 2009, 07:21 PM
JonMc
Scooby Senior

You could try but I really wouldn't hold your breath. My wifes scenic is on paper 6 years old, was first registered just over 3 years ago and was first put on the road when we bought it 2 years ago. Shortly after we bought it we changed the cambelt, even though it had only covered 8000 miles, because the belt was 5 years old from the date of manufacture.

2-weeks ago it threw the cambelt, diagnosis - the camshaft pulley retaining nut has just come loose. Renault good will stretched to blaming the garage that did the cambelt even though the nut was not routinely touched as a part of the service. The garage that fitted the cambelt where a little better and knocked about 66% off the labour bill for the repair, despite the cambelt being 9-months old and having only done 5000 miles, and within the garage's 12-month no quibble warranty

Neither the garage nor Renault would admit liability and I have forked out £700 for the second cambelt in less than a year and a full head rebuild on a car that has been on the road for 2 years and covered 13000 miles.

The recession is biting and company's moral values have been traded in for a quick buck
Old 01 May 2009, 11:27 PM
rob84
Scooby Regular

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

If it were Mine I would deffo ask, Like the saying goes you get nothing in this life if you dont ask for it The worst they can say is no. they should do it as a gesture of goodwill especially if the car still has a full subaru dealer service history
Old 02 May 2009, 12:06 PM
TonyBurns
Scooby Regular

Smile

Now going back a little, didnt you also get a clutch and some new brake discs out of a dealer in the good old days where the warranty pretty much covered everything?
Saying that, i didnt think PTMW did 69k in under 3 years though

Tony