Sponsored by:

God I miss my Scoob

Search this Thread

Old 19 April 2009, 02:03 PM
Probein
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default God I miss my Scoob

I owned an 02 WRX (with PPP) over a year ago. Had it for about a year, loved every nano-second of owning him (even when things went wrong). Unfortunately, though, after just a year of ownership and some changed circumstances (moving in with GF) I had to get rid.

I've been driving a Diesel Alfa Romeo 147 since and by GOD do I miss my Scooby. Don't get me wrong - the Alfa isn't bad, it's cheap to run, looks nice and, actually, isn't too slow. But every time I drive to work I feel dead inside - I miss the burble, I miss deliberately changing down a gear to scare old people as I drive past, I miss turning heads, I miss feeling special.

I've been looking around, trying to find another car that'll be fun but less expensive to run. I've come to the conclusion that, bang for buck, you simply *cannot* beat an Impreza. They tick *every* box for me (apart from economy) and I honestly think I'd be happy driving them for the rest of my life (well, probably).

I guess I just need to bide my time - wait until the end of the year when, hopefully, I'll have a bit more disposable income. It's gonna be such a long wait, I JUST WANT ANOTHER SCOOBY!

Just needed to vent somewhere. I've been saying this to my GF for the past 12 months and she's starting to get really pissed off with me.
Old 19 April 2009, 02:12 PM
RA Dunk
Scooby Regular

How many people have i heard saying they regret selling their scoob
Old 19 April 2009, 02:15 PM
cossie-nutter
Scooby Regular

Buy mine!

As much as I love mine it just sits in the same place as I live where I work! Buy hey keeps the miles down!

If you get another Impreza don't sell it as the parts are d1ck head cheap now days and easy to fix!
Old 19 April 2009, 02:26 PM
Probein
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by cossie-nutter
Buy mine!

As much as I love mine it just sits in the same place as I live where I work! Buy hey keeps the miles down!

If you get another Impreza don't sell it as the parts are d1ck head cheap now days and easy to fix!
Lol - notice you're in Huntingdon too - I'm just over in St. Ives.

How does an Alfa 147 diesel take your fancy?
Old 19 April 2009, 02:28 PM
cossie-nutter
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Probein
Lol - notice you're in Huntingdon too - I'm just over in St. Ives.

How does an Alfa 147 diesel take your fancy?
Spec mile reg pics etc... ? (Not for me but may know someone ?)
Old 19 April 2009, 02:36 PM
Probein
Scooby Regular

Spec mile reg pics etc... ? (Not for me but may know someone ?)
I'd only really be able to do a PX, as I can't be without a car for any amount of time because of work. And, to be honest, not much point in me looking for a Scooby right now anyway, as I can't really afford the running costs.

Last edited by Probein; 19 April 2009 at 02:51 PM.
Old 19 April 2009, 02:52 PM
cossie-nutter
Scooby Regular

That's cool buddy! What reg is it and value in the current market ?
Old 19 April 2009, 03:05 PM
Probein
Scooby Regular

That's cool buddy! What reg is it and value in the current market ?
03, I'd say private sale value is about 4k.
Old 19 April 2009, 03:09 PM
SmileyScooby
Scooby Regular

Getting a house with my g/f is when I could afford a Scoob..LOL!
Old 19 April 2009, 03:09 PM
cossie-nutter
Scooby Regular

Ok cool mate I do abit of research
Old 19 April 2009, 03:30 PM
Probein
Scooby Regular

Thanks Cossie.

Quick question while I'm here - What are people's thoughts on buying high mileage scoobies? By high mileage, I'm talking 80k+. I've never really considered buying a car with anything over 60k - but I notice you can pick up some fairly tidy looking higher mileage cars for hardly anything. I wonder if that's something I should consider.

I could cope with fuel/servicing costs - but I'd be worried that buying a higher mileage car will mean replacing/fixing bits that wear out.
Old 19 April 2009, 03:37 PM
cossie-nutter
Scooby Regular

Long as they have been looked after then no problems! My old classic had 117k on the clock and was perfect before selling it on and is still going no as see it all the time! (Never rebuilt 300bhp est!)

All depends if people use the right oil and change it when they should do!
Old 19 April 2009, 04:26 PM
Mikee
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My scoob went over 5 years ago, not a week goes by when I don't miss it, sad but true. Haven't been in a situation since when I could get another one. Makes it worse when a lot of friends own nice ones too.

Old 19 April 2009, 04:53 PM
powerman1
Scooby Regular

i am trading mine in tomorrow and already i am regretting it but unfortunatly its too small inside due to wife,two grown up girls, and a newborn baby(car seat)...so it as to go The one consolation for the new car it does up to 54mpg..£170 car tax....£343 fully comp insurance ....New car is BMW 525d (3litre turbo 190bhp) ah well life goes on

Last edited by powerman1; 19 April 2009 at 04:57 PM. Reason: spelling
Old 20 April 2009, 11:13 AM
Proby521
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Probein
I owned an 02 WRX (with PPP) over a year ago. Had it for about a year, loved every nano-second of owning him (even when things went wrong). Unfortunately, though, after just a year of ownership and some changed circumstances (moving in with GF) I had to get rid.

I've been driving a Diesel Alfa Romeo 147 since and by GOD do I miss my Scooby. Don't get me wrong - the Alfa isn't bad, it's cheap to run, looks nice and, actually, isn't too slow. But every time I drive to work I feel dead inside - I miss the burble, I miss deliberately changing down a gear to scare old people as I drive past, I miss turning heads, I miss feeling special.

I've been looking around, trying to find another car that'll be fun but less expensive to run. I've come to the conclusion that, bang for buck, you simply *cannot* beat an Impreza. They tick *every* box for me (apart from economy) and I honestly think I'd be happy driving them for the rest of my life (well, probably).

I guess I just need to bide my time - wait until the end of the year when, hopefully, I'll have a bit more disposable income. It's gonna be such a long wait, I JUST WANT ANOTHER SCOOBY!

Just needed to vent somewhere. I've been saying this to my GF for the past 12 months and she's starting to get really pissed off with me.
I know EXACTLY how your feeling, and many other will too. I had to wait 10 YEARS till I could sensibly afford to run another. Bought a house, had 2 kids, and six other cars. Now got a beautiful original classic as a second car. Even though it's tempting not to use it all the time! Your time will come!