Sponsored by:

people driving 1" from your rear bumper

Search this Thread

Old 18 April 2009, 10:46 PM
martwrxsl
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default people driving 1" from your rear bumper

drove my wife's car today. ford ka with 55bhp. as a family we went to legoland. i would have took the scooby but it would have cost alot more. the thing is driving the ka you get bmw's, audi's on the m25 driving really close to your rear bumper whilst talking on their mobiles. i have my 2 little girls in the back of the car. ffs what's wrong with these f~cking tossers.

i know for a fact that if i was in my impreza then none of these cars would drive so close to me. why do people bully these little cars. if a car has 2 kids in the back of it back the f*ck off. especially if you own a 2.5 tonne range rover in windsor.
Old 18 April 2009, 11:11 PM
GavinE
Scooby Regular

I have the opposite, in the scoob I always get some muppet sitting up my chuf. In the Vw never a problem.
Old 18 April 2009, 11:14 PM
Diesel
Scooby Regular

Its so annoying isnt it - happened loads on my drive up to York today. A particularly annoying Discovery that always tried to box me in behind slower cars in the middle lane or was otherwise tailgating. Pass or f-o with your tailgating and boxing in knobber!!! I keep a constant speed with the cruise control (that may have had an 8 in it) so no one was holding anyone back.

If it helps I was in a BMW as a victim D
Old 18 April 2009, 11:29 PM
aamtheman
Scooby Regular

I always do 30mph in a 30 zone, nearly always do 40mph in a 40 zone and I constantly have people tailgating me in my STI. Never fails to annoy me though.

Motorways and country roads are a different story though, leave everyone for dust if they try tailgaiting me
Old 18 April 2009, 11:37 PM
martwrxsl
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Diesel
Its so annoying isnt it - happened loads on my drive up to York today. A particularly annoying Discovery that always tried to box me in behind slower cars in the middle lane or was otherwise tailgating. Pass or f-o with your tailgating and boxing in knobber!!! I keep a constant speed with the cruise control (that may have had an 8 in it) so no one was holding anyone back.

If it helps I was in a BMW as a victim D
That's the point exactly. It's nothing to do with geting past you it's the intimidation, I indicate and move over as soon as a car gets close then they sit there. wtf. if you want to go past me then get on with it. i know it's not all bmw or audi drivers who do it. the ka is not built as well as a beemer though. but I guess, if mr bi xenon range rover talking on his mobile phone hit you at 70mph you'll be killed also.
Old 19 April 2009, 12:43 AM
Stevie-Sport
Scooby Regular

dont get me started on people like this. Im the guy, thats forever pressing his brake trying to make these knobbers back off.

Then they have cheek to stick their fingers up, like you done something wrong
Old 19 April 2009, 11:07 AM
bigarf
Scooby Regular

when on drives out you should always remember to take one important item,and old banana skin.when the nobb heads get so close up your *** as you can get a clean shot then launch it out the window.works every time straight on the bonnet or windscrean of there car,then just take a good look at the expression on there face as it hits.
Old 19 April 2009, 02:07 PM
ian.b
BANNED

I had the same problem yesterday some stupid b*tch in a range rover up my ****, I too had kids in the car also people pull up nxt to me trying to race me hisses me off
Old 19 April 2009, 02:11 PM
KINGTIGER
Scooby Regular

I have this problem all the time. Especially in my beloved scooby. I always drive at the speed limit I'm in and I'm constantly tailgaited by alsoughts evan them crappy Fiat 500's.

I think in today society there is no tolerance and patience anymore and because I drive a fast car they seem to think I will drive it to the max all the time.

And when there is no tolerence thats when accidents happen.
Old 19 April 2009, 02:44 PM
cossie-nutter
Scooby Regular

I don't fit in small cars so always have big cars!

I know what your mean though as I always use the A14 and A1 Huntingdon cambs are and you get cocky ***** in there company that they don't own trying to bully you.

Not proud of it but I am really LOL

Last yeah I was in a OLD "A" reg EX Police Range Rover proper dog sh1te on
the A1 towing a Car trailer fully loaded with a scrap car when I looked in the rear view mirror with "Mr I have a fast 08 Plate BMW" sitting near enough on my trailer flashing me! So I let him past with the usal "signs" And jo danking signs aswell! Anyways the traffic built up and he then ended up on the inside lane trying to push his way forward! Well I wanted to come off at Sawtry right next to where he was!

Ooops he just got side swiped by a dog sh1te A reg range rover and to top it off the arch on the trailer batter the whole side to his car!

Couldn't stop as Sunday Roast was on the table! Shame that eh?
Old 19 April 2009, 02:48 PM
cossie-nutter
Scooby Regular

Ohh another time I would like to mention was I was going to a "car "Krooze" (LMFAO) and a cocky git in a Bmw sat up my *** and I couldn't go no faster so I had to get out the way at fast speed! Next thing I know my mate in his 450bhp let Nova over took my and sat bumper to bumper with him all the way down Bedford Bypass then my mate over took him like it was in slow motion for him and done him good! Got to where we was going to and parked right next to Mr Bmw driver! Then we had alittle chat and he said (The bmw driver!) I ain't sitting up no 1's *** again as didn't expect my mates driving or a bloody Nova to push him along at d1ck head high speed!

Before anyone says anything the Nova is the quickest in the UK from 3 summers ago by Santa pod times and hasn't been beat till this day!) I know it's a bloody Nova muhahahaha

Last edited by cossie-nutter; 19 April 2009 at 02:50 PM.
Old 20 April 2009, 12:57 AM
Diesel
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by martwrxsl
That's the point exactly. It's nothing to do with geting past you it's the intimidation
Agree mate, but I call 'intimidation' "safety space".

Honestly, on the way back from York today, after the camera vans had gone down I was getting tailgated by a bird in a Citroen C1. My 12 airbagged German tank doing a speed that may have dropped it under 40mpg and included the number 9 - and someone in a garlicky tin can is hassling me during my overtaking slower moving cars.

Breathe my smoky chipped particles bitch! Then drop back to a safe traffic matched cruising speed (unlike her), and she passes on to her doom!

And...breathe...

D
Old 20 April 2009, 01:43 AM
scotty2hottie
Scooby Regular

I was in my girlfriends Corsa the other day when a Police traffic car decided to sit 2 feet from her rear bumper ALL way down a single lane road for about 2 miles. No blues on or sirens. she is a bit of a nervous driver so i said for her to pull over and let him overtake, when she did he just sat behind her! then when the road opened into 2 lanes he overtook. i phoned the station and reported him as if he had seen me driving like that, it would of been a pull straight away and points!
Old 20 April 2009, 01:25 PM
scoobyboy1
Scooby Regular

Get it all the time in the scoob, even with "baby on board" sign in the rear window and my little lad in the car. funny how its always the little crappy hothatches that do it!!!!
Old 20 April 2009, 01:58 PM
TINO.wrx
Scooby Regular

this wasnt driving up my ar$e but there was a to$$er in his white Q7 yesterday on the M4 from bristol to swindon, undertaking. i went to lane 3 to overttake a van then all i see is this Q7 on my left then comes in front. is the distance the Q7 goes to lane 1 to undertake lanes 2 and 3 then back to lane 2 and can no longer see them!! would quite happily ring the old bill to complain about t1ts like that. but who do you call when its on moterways etc????
Old 20 April 2009, 02:47 PM
rbaz
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by scotty2hottie
I was in my girlfriends Corsa the other day when a Police traffic car decided to sit 2 feet from her rear bumper ALL way down a single lane road for about 2 miles. No blues on or sirens. she is a bit of a nervous driver so i said for her to pull over and let him overtake, when she did he just sat behind her! then when the road opened into 2 lanes he overtook. i phoned the station and reported him as if he had seen me driving like that, it would of been a pull straight away and points!

That is what Police traffic cars do when they are on training and I think it’s dangerous.
First time it happened to me I was followed towards Whitby by a white unmarked Senator (didn’t know at the time) right up my **** hanging over the solid white line. I was following other cars (on a open country road) and he was pushing me along there was no way he could overtake .
As soon as there was a gap I pulled out myself to overtake I nailed it (in a Saab Carlsson) and pulled away from him I hit about 110 ish when I realised a motorbike hadn’t passed him and my **** fell out as I realised it was a cop car
I slowed down and he slowly passed me with 4 coppers glaring at me it only had a small Police training vehicle sticker on the back.
He didn’t pull me maybe as its French registered or they realised they where driving like tw*ts.
I have seen them do the same many times since. I did ask traffic copper about it and he said it’s so they get a better view of the road and are in a better position to overtake
Old 20 April 2009, 05:37 PM
scotty2hottie
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by rbaz
That is what Police traffic cars do when they are on training and I think it’s dangerous.
First time it happened to me I was followed towards Whitby by a white unmarked Senator (didn’t know at the time) right up my **** hanging over the solid white line. I was following other cars (on a open country road) and he was pushing me along there was no way he could overtake .
As soon as there was a gap I pulled out myself to overtake I nailed it (in a Saab Carlsson) and pulled away from him I hit about 110 ish when I realised a motorbike hadn’t passed him and my **** fell out as I realised it was a cop car
I slowed down and he slowly passed me with 4 coppers glaring at me it only had a small Police training vehicle sticker on the back.
He didn’t pull me maybe as its French registered or they realised they where driving like tw*ts.
I have seen them do the same many times since. I did ask traffic copper about it and he said it’s so they get a better view of the road and are in a better position to overtake
That must of shocked them!

When i phoned the Officer in charge, he just said "the officers were on an operation and as they are highly trained, the situation was completely safe" I then pointed out to him my bloody girlfriend isn't "Highly Trained" and had she applied her brakes suddenly your shiny new BMW would of written her corsa off and he would be speaking to my Injury lawyer instead of me. It turned out the "operation" they were on was clamping down on people with no Tax!

On another note, i was in McDonalds Car park in London Colney at lunch time, so it was HEAVING, when i parked next to a black Volvo, parked up opposite was some little chavs in a Saxo. They finished their food, undid the window and threw the rubbish out. A copper jumps out of the Volvo walks over to them, Gives the a Bollocking and makes them pick up all the rubbish in the carpark!!! his mate in the Volvo was wetting himself!
Old 20 April 2009, 05:54 PM
madcyril
Scooby Regular

i get it every day of the week as iam a courier driving up and down the m4 going to london so many tossers just cant drive right at all
Old 20 April 2009, 06:19 PM
MoonSpaceMan9
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by bigarf
when on drives out you should always remember to take one important item,and old banana skin.when the nobb heads get so close up your *** as you can get a clean shot then launch it out the window.works every time straight on the bonnet or windscrean of there car,then just take a good look at the expression on there face as it hits.
I used to have a tin of Beans for just this kind of occasion when I was driving my toyota hiace van

Originally Posted by ian.b
I had the same problem yesterday some stupid b*tch in a range rover up my ****, I too had kids in the car also people pull up nxt to me trying to race me hisses me off
Originally Posted by scoobyboy1
Get it all the time in the scoob, even with "baby on board" sign in the rear window and my little lad in the car. funny how its always the little crappy hothatches that do it!!!!

I had that myself not so long ago ... Sitting right on my bumper then as I got to the lights pulled off to the slow land and shot off on the green light. That was a older golf
Old 20 April 2009, 07:30 PM
Ginge !
Scooby Regular

btw whilst we are slagging off the tailgaters,,,,,,,, CAN YOU ALSO TELL THE PEOPLE WHO DONT MOVE OVER TO THE LEFT TO LET OTHERS PASS !!!

nothing worse than having to slow down for some tosser who dont wanna pull over cause he thinks " im going fast enough thanks "

i aint bothered if you think its to fast,,,,, im comfortable with it and would be alot safer if i wasnt behind you flashing you out of the way for 10 mins

was on the M1 comming back from pod and the new 4 lane M1 had traffic in the outside 2 lanes,,, and 2 almost empty lanes inside where i used them to carry on my journey

being undertaken should be a offence IMO as it proves YOUR NOT IN THE CORRECT LANE !!!
Old 20 April 2009, 07:43 PM
Timwinner
Scooby Regular

Lane discipline is my pet hate. People still seem to think that lane 3 is "the fast lane" I am in favour of a re test every 3 years INCLUDING motorway driving. The standards are slipping as more cars get on the road.
I had a re test 8 months ago when I joined IAM. I had got into some bad habits but thankfully I passed (not that it would have mattered if I didnt, it was a driving standard issue not a driving license one)
Old 20 April 2009, 08:46 PM
rbaz
Scooby Regular

In France the tailgating is probably worse but the lane discipline is spot on
The only time I didn’t want to pull into lane one was when I picked my car up (motorway was empty) and the coilovers where set very hard I could hardly see the road it was that bumpy :freak3
Old 21 April 2009, 09:38 AM
Diesel
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Ginge !
being undertaken should be a offence IMO as it proves YOUR NOT IN THE CORRECT LANE !!!
I'm voting for you and the common sense party! I never SAW so many cameras in my life as I did on the M42 to the east of Birmingham recently - that seems to be all its about for them!

D
Old 21 April 2009, 01:44 PM
MoonSpaceMan9
Scooby Regular

btw whilst we are slagging off the tailgaters,,,,,,,, CAN YOU ALSO TELL THE PEOPLE WHO DONT MOVE OVER TO THE LEFT TO LET OTHERS PASS !!!
nothing worse than having to slow down for some tosser who dont wanna pull over cause he thinks " im going fast enough thanks "
I've found this to be true on part of the new part of the A13 where you get a extra lane. Be it 3 of 4 lanes you always find someone sitting there.
Overtake then pull over .
Old 21 April 2009, 03:39 PM
punto_gt
Scooby Regular

yes i agree. this really pisses me off. especially when im on my motorbike!!
Old 21 April 2009, 04:59 PM
Jap Import
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by martwrxsl
drove my wife's car today. ford ka with 55bhp. as a family we went to legoland. i would have took the scooby but it would have cost alot more. the thing is driving the ka you get bmw's, audi's on the m25 driving really close to your rear bumper whilst talking on their mobiles. i have my 2 little girls in the back of the car. ffs what's wrong with these f~cking tossers.

i know for a fact that if i was in my impreza then none of these cars would drive so close to me. why do people bully these little cars. if a car has 2 kids in the back of it back the f*ck off. especially if you own a 2.5 tonne range rover in windsor.
Ford KA's should never leave the inside lane anyways
Only kidding, I seem to get more and more people trying to push me in my scoob, prehaps they feel sorry for my fuel consumption and want to push me to my destination. Very dangerous anyway