AM I CRAZY??

Search this Thread

Old 03 January 2002, 10:54 AM
The_Gza
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
LOL @ all this

Unfortunately it's mis-information like
Dont get no more than 1 bar boost with a standard intercooler.lots of people will say its no problem but trust me it isn't
can lead to all sort of problems - especially for newbies

[Edited by The_Gza - 3/1/2002 10:58:37 AM]
Old 03 January 2002, 10:55 AM
EvilBevel
Scooby Regular

Cool

Hence the slightly provocative comments Gza

[Edited by EvilBevel - 3/1/2002 10:57:13 AM]
Old 03 January 2002, 06:39 PM
SecretAgentMan
Scooby Regular

Wink

...I am a Big Child (tm) - Maddie tells me this every day - hence the childish behaviour mehtinks.

/J

[Edited by SecretAgentMan - 3/1/2002 6:40:06 PM]
Old 03 February 2002, 12:52 AM
piravlos
Scooby Regular

I don't give a **** what you guys are talking about. I will only comment on the F-CON . I will only say that it is the best aftermarket ECU money can buy. It's been a great success on Imprezas as far as I know, and offers very reliable tuning while getting the most out of the car. It utilises a 64 bit microprocessor unlike some others which utilize a 32 bit and sometimes 16 bit. It's like comparing a laptop that has Piii with 500 mHZ with one that has 1Ghz. As a result, it reads data quicker. Apexi Power FC and AVCR & AFC are not particularly good (I am always referring to Imprezas only). That's why major tuning companies e.g JUN AUTO MECHANIC and ZEROSPORT, BOZZSPEED etc are not using them on their cars and on customers' cars as well, despite the fact that they trade them. Last year whilst being in Osaka for business, I found time to go and visit the Tokyo Auto Saloon. There were cars with massive horsepower, none of them using Apexi electronics (apart from the Apexi's cars - a Skyline and an Integra). We all know that the Japanese are the daddies as regards modifying cars. The fact that they use the F-CON should tell us something. If people don't trust a particular company in England for tuning their ECU, this does not mean that the F-Cons are not good. Something else: Mr Koyama, the boss at JUN, when he visited my country to do some tuning on cars, he refused to touch on cars that had the Apexi Power FC. He expressly stated that they are not good for Imprezas. I am not saying that you will not get good power from the Power-FC and alike. In fact, a mate runs 11.2 the quarter mile with Power FC, but all the time the car stalls or blows. He now changes to F-CON looking at breaking his record, but with reliability. What I am saying is that the F-CON achieves maximum horsepower with optimum reliability. In few words, it is the BEST for our cars. It's time to move away from the traditional Link, Unichip and other sh**t and give F-CON a try. You will be amazed, particularly if you have a bigger turbo.

P.S What I mention above is based on actual and reliable findings.

Come on guys, give the guy a break. Don't you think it's gone too far?

Best regards to everybody

[Edited by piravlos - 3/2/2002 1:01:54 AM]
Old 03 February 2002, 02:17 AM
piravlos
Scooby Regular

Mark,

I didn't go that far as saying that Motec, Pectel etc are not good.
I only said that for the Link and Unichip, and that is only compared to HKS. I am not against those, in fact I had a Unichip on my car, and now I am back to the standard ECU. What I mean is that if people have the money, the best ECU option is F-con. I repeat, if people have the money...

My mate has a Greddy TD06-25G with Greddy external Wastegate,FMIC,injectors,fuel pump, 4-2-1 manifold, Hiper Damper,exhaust, Power FC,reversed inlet,dog gearbox,cusco LSD TYPE mz, head gaskets, Cosworth pistons, steel rods, Sard Boost Control.

As regards my "findings", I was present at the rolling road when he swapped ECUs and I've seen the fuelling and ignition parameters myself and also how the car was behaving. The egt's went down as well, and the injector duty was less. Also, it reaches full boost earlier and the fact that the Japanese fellas use them is the best justification for me. I do trust the Japanese very much, unlike some companies here in the UK whose only aim is to sell and make profit, sometimes deceiving customers with their bull£hit. The Japanese do pukka stuff and are always sincere with customers and are not trying to deceive. They say what the have to say on the track. Have you ever heard of British performance products been exported to Japan? I don't think so. But the Japanese gear is taking over the performance market here in the UK. When I told a japanese tuner that I have a magn$x exhaust on my car he laughed at me.

Japanese products are the best, and this includes F-CON.

REGARDS

Piravlos

[Edited by piravlos - 3/2/2002 2:40:03 AM]
Old 03 February 2002, 01:42 PM
SecretAgentMan
Scooby Regular

Thumbs down

Some people lacks the ability to understand when to quit - you my friend is one of them.

Stop using big words, show us dyno printouts and pictures of the car (otherwise noone will believe you - no matter how big an **** you try to make outta yerself here) - and bring your car to a trackday for ***** sake, if it's that fast it needs to be used properly.

Sincerely

/J

[Edited by SecretAgentMan - 3/2/2002 1:43:15 PM]
Old 03 February 2002, 02:42 PM
RichardPON
Scooby Regular

Talking

Whoa !!!!

Just read all 9 pages of this, and this has cheered me up no end whilst my car's off the road!!!!

Just for the attention of all who have posted on this thread:

I think it's a little co-incidental that we have a wind-up merchant here, writing in a very similar style to one we had on the RS bulletin board, one on mkV bulletin board, and one on the Fiesta Turbo website. All of these are a newbie poster based in London, with the same writing style, and same quantities of horse5hit being thrown around.

Some more ridiculous reading for your amusement :

http://www.rsownersclub.co.uk/ubb/ul...;f=19;t=000706

http://pub66.ezboard.com/fthemkvesco...picID=18.topic

http://pub66.ezboard.com/fthemkvesco...tart=1&stop=20

Craig - Mike R hinted to me what you've bought. My lips are sealed, but if it's what I think it is (autosport show?), you lucky bastid!

[Edited by RichardPON - 3/2/2002 2:44:16 PM]
Old 03 February 2002, 03:12 PM
polarbearit
Scooby Regular

Lightbulb

LOL - This thread is fantastic

SB370, you've made the mistake of offering generic advice when what you are saying is specific to Model of impreza, turbo etc. As my profile says I am awaiting a skyline (£24k spent by previous owner to get 580bhp) and currently have a similar age WRX to you (which is sold). I did look at modifying the impreza and spoke to several companies (TDI being one of them - No way was I paying their prices - labour @ £58/hour + VAT!) and found many other schools of thought about modification. It appears TDI is pretty much unique in the approach they use... Can't comment on whether this is any better or worse, but conversations with other companies tended to suggest full replacement ECU's if going for big power, or as cheap addon a Unichip.

Anyway decided against big power in a scooby as I want a reliable car I can use daily and fancied a change anyway. Also there seemed little point spending £14k on getting 340bhp and better looks when for similar money I was able to swap to the skyline with much more power

Anyway hopefully I have talked sufficient bollox to further add to the amusement of this thread

PS - "Amateurs don't use NOS"

[Edited by polarbearit - 3/2/2002 3:14:02 PM]
Old 03 February 2002, 03:52 PM
polarbearit
Scooby Regular

Yep, have to agree with R19 on about the advice. There are lots of people who understand subaru tuning better than me and I certainly would dream of advicing on which ECU is better without having experience of different ECU's and extensive research.

S370B, just out of interest why did you choose TDI for the work, and did you let them suggest the parts used or did you choose the bits yourself?

[Edited by polarbearit - 3/2/2002 4:03:07 PM]
Old 03 February 2002, 06:15 PM
SecretAgentMan
Scooby Regular

Smile

Please explain why the F-Con (is that the ProPro one? ) is that superiour?

Here have I've been thinking increased power in our scoobies comes from fuel, oxygen (boost) and ignition advance (if you don't start to fiddle with the static compression ratio that is)....obviously according to your vast knowledge there's a 4th previously unknown factor (NITRUX? *ROFLMAO*)?

It's a serious question.

Enlighten us feebleminded with cars slow and weak as ****.

/J

[Edited by SecretAgentMan - 3/2/2002 6:17:02 PM]
Old 28 February 2002, 02:35 PM
Scooby370beast
Scooby Regular

Ive got a 341bhp scooby and within 1 year i have spent about 14k on my car making it quite fast thing is i cant stop i keep thinking whats my next mod! i ll never be happy until is got some nitrux etc etc..Are there any others like me out there? or im just really crazy spending all my money??
Old 28 February 2002, 02:38 PM
Steve001
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Talking

Yes u are.....

Send your money to me

[edit cos i can't spwell]

[Edited by Steve001 - 2/28/2002 2:42:27 PM]
Old 28 February 2002, 02:40 PM
medders
Scooby Regular

mad as a hatter
Can I have your car please?
Old 28 February 2002, 02:47 PM
SiWhite
Scooby Regular

Wink

I am exactly the same!

Every time I do something I tell everyone that that's the end of it as I am now totally happy with the car.

Then a day or 2 passes and I am frantically searching around for the next thing to do!

However, I think I have a bit of a way to go to match your 370 beast
Old 28 February 2002, 02:47 PM
Scooby370beast
Scooby Regular

Wink

HMMMM...IF you give me 15k you can have it.I ll get a skyline after that .I raced a Ferrari modena ones and he thought my car is mad as he couldnt beat me!.He told me:"what the hell have you done at your car???????" I Replied:"Just some small mods" He said yeah right!.I beaten once a 700cc bike...and he told me at next traffic light:"My bike has some problems needs tuning.I said to my self yeah right...Its so nice being crazy
Old 28 February 2002, 02:49 PM
Scooby370beast
Scooby Regular

I 'll advie you if you like i ve done looooooooooooooooots of research rebuilt my engine once but i need some rods so i can get my 1.6 boost!...thinking about it..i think im convinced
Old 28 February 2002, 02:56 PM
SiWhite
Scooby Regular

Thumbs up

Basically, since buying my car 4 months ago I have done, tyres, brakes, exhaust + downpipe and air filter. It seems that a Link may be the next thing to do?

What do u reckon'?
Old 28 February 2002, 03:02 PM
Scooby370beast
Scooby Regular

Ok listen to me carefully...Get an HKS EVC PRO.That will give you 1 bar boost very quickly(as quickly as your turbo can do it) is like a mappable ecu as well as electronic adjustable boost.Dont get no more than 1 bar boost with a standard intercooler.lots of people will say its no problem but trust me it isn't.Get that EVC PRO,definately a blow off valve(Dump valve-Reduces turbo lag get the HKS one ONLY).Others leak after some time..Get these and I 'll let you know what to do next.Remove also your cat.With what you got and the mods that i told you.You will be as fast as an EVO 6.I know because i raced one when i was at that stage

Old 28 February 2002, 03:12 PM
SiWhite
Scooby Regular

Cheers for the advice.

By the way I think I am probably as quick as an Evo, as my car is a P1 , with full de-cat
Old 28 February 2002, 06:29 PM
mbc
Scooby Regular

scooby beast

what happend to that skyline you were talking about at the sussex meet a couple of months ago? decided not too get one??

mike

blue my01
Old 28 February 2002, 06:47 PM
scrappydoo
Scooby Regular

Scooby beast, what model impreza you got? I would love to mod my MY01 WRX up a bit but i just havent got a clue about this. Im scared i will wreck the engine or something.

Scrappy.
Old 28 February 2002, 06:56 PM
Mo
Scooby Regular

Location: the fastest rentals in town......0-100mph in 10 seconds
TDI springs to mind !
Old 28 February 2002, 07:00 PM
mbc
Scooby Regular

his scooby is the mutts nutts(not in the looks department if you dont mind me saying) and a fecking lot lot faster than my my01
Old 28 February 2002, 09:29 PM
CraigH
Scooby Regular

Scoobybeast,

So the HKS EVC is exactly like a remappable ECU eh?

Except it can't control ignition.

Or fuel.

Quite close then.

And the dump vavle makes a difference? don't tell me - I bet you could feel it?

This 700cc bike? Was it old per chance? A modern 600cc sports bike will do 0-100 in around 7.5 secs.

You saying you're that quick?

No offence, but I don't think your advice is very good to be honest.
Old 28 February 2002, 09:31 PM
CraigH
Scooby Regular

Wink

And another thing - why you called 370beast if you've got 340hp?

Old 28 February 2002, 09:32 PM
CraigH
Scooby Regular

Smile

Sorry,

And another thing - what's Nitrux?
Old 28 February 2002, 09:41 PM
bumcrack
Scooby Regular

Jesus, your craaaaaaaazzzzzyyyyyyy
Old 28 February 2002, 09:48 PM
EvilBevel
Scooby Regular

Thumbs down

Craig, tut tut

>>That will give you 1 bar boost very quickly(as quickly as your turbo can do it) is like a mappable ecu as well as electronic adjustable boost.Dont get no more than 1 bar boost with a standard intercooler.lots of people will say its no problem but trust me it isn't

How about this... I don't trust you for one bit because you are talking out of your neck ?

1 bar boost eh ... oh my gosh, quick, I want that too !

And a dumpvalve of course

I think I need a new type of car, as it's obvious that the totally clueless people have finally found the Impreza.

Theo
Old 28 February 2002, 09:55 PM
CraigH
Scooby Regular

Wink

LOL @ Theo.

Scoobybeast - what have you done to your car and where was it RRed?

I'm not cynical or anything

Old 28 February 2002, 10:36 PM
SecretAgentMan
Scooby Regular

Talking

I wish you'd shared this very important piece of info a year ago...I've been running 1.2 bar with my stock IC...and now 1 month with 1.3....damn...and all this time I should've settled for 1 bar to get monster power.

What is this "nitrux" U refer to...could you please enlighten me?

/J - born slow, died slow

Quick Reply: AM I CRAZY??