Notices
ScoobyNet General General Subaru Discussion
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Scooby Driver giving ALL OF US a BAD NAME...

Search this Thread

Old 27 February 2002, 10:10 PM
JohnBarnesAndHisGloves
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry

Jus read this on the RSOC BB...

""Yesterday on the way home from work I came across a Scooby up for a play , was a UK version....fairly pants as you all know. Anyway, the road is a country rd out of the way of anything, also fairly straight (Comes in handy for my RWD). So, were doing about 35mph behind some dithering old get...I see him drop it down to second so I did the same, both booted out passed the old chap and I was sat right on his boot....he pulls in and I see there's nothing coming so I stay out to pass him, I pass him and start bladdering down the road, really leaving him now. So, to play a bit I slowed down....let him catch up, then again drop to third and hammer away again, same result as last time . Then we come across another car in front, at this time we are also approaching a bend that you can't see around so being sensible I slow up and call it a day, obvious I'd made a mess of the Scooby but no the Scooby passed me and this other car whilst going around a blind bend (IDIOT SPRINGS TO MIND).
So, then I hit back on to the straight again, whip passed the car I'd been stuck behind and catch the Scooby up again but by this time we are coming in to a built up area so I back off, he didn't...carried on driving like a t*t! Then we hit a set of lights and I pull to the side of him, he puts the window down and declares that you can't beat a Scooby mate, it's just not gonna happen. HELLO!?!? Is this guy on the same planet as me, I'd just left him for dead TWICE! The only reason he'd passed me in the first place was because he'd done something mindless and stupid! I pointed out to him how stupid he'd been but he said that he'd have been OK on the bend because of his 4x4...?? DOH!! Wouldn't have helped him if something was coming the other way!
Anyway, he's was all smiles so I said if he wanted to turn around and go again I would (Thinking this time I wouldn't wait for him like last time, just do the whole ten miles then sit and wait for him and wave when he came past) but he wouldn't, nothing to prove he said....made a mess of you already. I can't stand people like that, was obvious he was beat! I also can't stand the fact that some people do really stupid things just to get in front.""

(other car was a 2wd saphire)

Problems here, which is why everybody seems to hate us...!

1= Driving like a complete **** being VERY dangerous.

2= "YOU CANT BEAT A SCOOBY MATE" ERRR HELLO?!? You wouldve lost if it wasnt for the patheticly dangerous driving, by the sounds of it... The "we are invincible, ive got the fastest, best handling car in the world, ive got a subaru, look at all the **** in my eyes" disesase strikes again...

Cheers

JBAHG

[Edited by JohnBarnesAndHisGloves - 2/27/2002 10:12:12 PM]
Old 27 February 2002, 11:20 PM
JohnBarnesAndHisGloves
Scooby Regular

Unhappy

Shame there was no numberplate mentioned...

NAME AND SHAME, RAH RAH RAH etc.......
Old 27 February 2002, 11:23 PM
davyboy
Scooby Regular

Wink

Yawn!
Old 28 February 2002, 12:09 AM
Luke
BANNED

"Yawn."....Got plenty of time to do that when your dead...

The guy has made a good point.The Scooby driver was a ****,
Old 28 February 2002, 12:25 AM
ScoobyK
Scooby Regular

Two things on this point, firstly we're assuming the RS guy hasn't made it up (can a 2wd Sap really take a Scooby ?), and secondly, why not ask him to give a bit of description on the car / area - we all need to avoid people like this, it's not just their life they are putting in danger - see the post from Richard earlier

Makes you feel like selling the Scoob and buying a diesel fiesta....!
Old 28 February 2002, 12:38 AM
JohnBarnesAndHisGloves
Scooby Regular

Wink

The saff mentioned is, i presume at least 270bhp (as theres no unmodded cossies on the rsoc bb, probably well over 300bhp, as most are on there, ive no idea tho) and a std uk scoob (like mine ) is what, 204bhp? that makes like 160bhp@wheels after the big transmission losses, so a std 2wd saff may well outrun a std uk scoob on the straights, a modded one will tear it to peices . Scoob will kick its **** regions on the corners tho!

Cant afford to mod my scoob tho really (maybe a little bit), have far too many other modded cars badly draining my cash...

Cheers
Old 28 February 2002, 09:00 AM
JayDee
Scooby Regular

Driving is risk

Racing on public roads is bigger risk

Racing in built up area is bigger risk still

So...

Scooby driver had more ***** when it came to it

or perhaps both drivers were taking big risks, just Scooby driver took bigger ones

JD
Old 28 February 2002, 09:29 AM
scottdg
Scooby Regular

...it's not big and it's not clever!!
Old 28 February 2002, 09:38 AM
Goldfinger
Scooby Regular

There's a time and a place for speeding - NOT in a built-up area [img]images/smilies/mad.gif[/img]

The word 'knocker' springs to mind re that Scooby driver.

Ah well ....
Old 28 February 2002, 09:42 AM
P1Fanatic
Scooby Regular

Why is it always blame the car? I mean these numnut psycho types who overtake on blind corners can end up taking out you, themselves and an oncoming vehicle - these guys are idiots in whatever they drive.

As to the validity of the post - who knows - it could be a sore cossie owner who got boned on a sharp corner or he could be telling the truth. Seeing as I dont know him from dick it doesnt even matter.
Old 28 February 2002, 09:48 AM
MW1
Scooby Regular

Both drivers sound like Dicks to me. If you want to play at racing go on a race track.
Old 28 February 2002, 09:55 AM
ash1
Scooby Regular

Personal opinion is that you're both as bad as each other. Take your car to the track if you want to race....
Old 28 February 2002, 10:17 AM
Neil Smalley
Scooby Senior

Angry

In this instance the scoob driver was a bit of a nutter, but the other driver who raced him was'nt exactly squeeky clean either.

They both sound like nutters to me, and situations like this are best avoided or backed out of altogether.

I would'nt drive like this on track, let alone the road.
Old 28 February 2002, 10:33 AM
Elvis Presley
Scooby Regular

I agree.

Both drivers sound like complete tw@s.

Very sad.
Old 28 February 2002, 10:38 AM
Kosy
Scooby Regular

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Thumbs up

Neil Smalley thats exactly the point.
Old 28 February 2002, 10:44 AM
Beemer_Deano
Scooby Regular

Agree - both ***** if true, but this "he said she said" crap is normally just an excuse to get another <BOORING> "My car is the best look at me look at me" debate going.

All da best,

Dean
Old 28 February 2002, 11:18 AM
GazP
Scooby Regular

Thumbs down

What a pointless post. Its not the Scoob or RS thats at fault its the drivers. The Scoob pilot sounds like he has a death wish, overtaking round bends and stuff [img]images/smilies/mad.gif[/img] Hes lucky it hasn't ended in tears or worse.

Old 28 February 2002, 11:37 AM
Daemon_G
Scooby Regular

Angry

First mistake: "So, to play a bit I slowed down....let him catch up, then again drop to third and hammer away again, same result as last time"

To play a bit... if you start something like a game on the public roads then you're the one that has made the first mistake!!

...never mind the reaction of the Scooby-driver... who made the second mistake...

/G
Old 28 February 2002, 11:37 AM
RB5man
Scooby Newbie

Angry

Its not worth risking lives, licences or Scoobies........
Old 28 February 2002, 11:52 AM
Markus
Scooby Regular

hmm, sounds like both drivers were to blame and it would be the same *regardless* of the cars they were in.

wonder if the same would be posted if it was RS vs RS or scoob vs scoob?

both guys sound like idiots

ok, I'm no saint, and am not the best driver in the world, but I'd rather let some nutter blatt past me and feel like he's the 'big man' coz he beat a scoob, than to try and play with him and for both of us to end up dead. aint worth it.

if you want to act like this find yourself a nice airfield and play on your own.
Old 28 February 2002, 11:53 AM
Markus
Scooby Regular

anyone posted on the RS board:- "RS Driver giving us all a bad name"? maybe we should.
Old 28 February 2002, 12:02 PM
Jerry B
Scooby Regular

I'm glad it was posted because most of the replies restore my faith in the site not giving us a bad name.
Old 28 February 2002, 12:14 PM
TRIGGER
Scooby Regular

It just depresses me to see these idiots. Racing is not for the road - the Ford driver was a prat for goading the scooby, and the scooby equally so for reacting. But then to suggest a rerun back down the road - the Ford driver needs locking up !!

We all go too fast sometimes but this is stupid. You can enjoy your cars without this rubbish.
Old 28 February 2002, 02:57 PM
JohnBarnesAndHisGloves
Scooby Regular

UNFORTUNATLEY, HERES ANOTHER BAD BAD SCOOBY FOOL, AND NO RACING THIS TIME.... (Found on the RS bb again)

""Talking of shlt drivers.
I just went outside to have a *** and heard this large roar, turns out it was a Scooby having it large outside the college I work at (must say it did sound wicked).
But for **** sake it was lunch time, all the students are kicking out and despite the fact that they are 16+, this moron continued to speed up and down the same road 4 times, was this prlck lost or something
On the 4th time he clipped a students leg don't get me wrong it might have been the students fault but for christ sake when you see people walking around don't you take special care (i know i do)
I'm not having a go at scooby drivers in particular cos It could have been any car. It was just this ***** was drivin a Scooby like a real ****"""

AND WEVE ALL MADE THE JOKES ABOUT THE RS OWNERS SPEEDENG PAST SCHOOLS AT HALF 3 TRYING TO IMPRESS THE SCHOOLGIRLS.... ERR.... LOOKS LIKE SCOOBYMAN DOES TOO! 4TIMES!

Old 28 February 2002, 03:15 PM
Beemer_Deano
Scooby Regular

Wink

Well I for one am shocked that the drive of an Impreza would do such a thing and that performance cars attract such drivers.

I was sure that that a one litre Nissan Micra would be the vehicle of choice for such illegal activities, leaving M3s/Cossies/TVRs/Scoobs etc. for law abiding enthusiasts who would never break the law

It's like bloody school "Billy over there says you smell"

Ah well, back to sleep.....

Deano

Old 28 February 2002, 03:57 PM
Sith
Scooby Regular

Unhappy

This web site never ceases to amaze me. Maybe we should all go out and buy some pitch forks for a good old Witch hunt.
Hate to think what would happen to people on here if others caught them at 35 in a 30. Whoaaa, would someone open up a can of Whupp *** on 'em.
People do stupid things, I've seen it from Fords, Vauxhall, BMW, Mercs etc, heck (whispers) even I've done stupid things.
So it doesn't tar us all.

All IMO,

P.
Old 28 February 2002, 08:11 PM
CallumW
Scooby Regular

Wink

How 'bout this..?
If anyone reading this tread, that has NEVER in their entire history of driving (on the public road), had a bit of fun with another driver/car of similar or greater performance regardless of risk or circumstance, then they can make comment.

The rest of us should aknowledge that when you drive a performance car you will naturally will want to compare the performance to other performance vehicles and that as we are just as guilty of the same actions (regardless of how insignificant they may seem)

We therefore lose the rite to condemn others for actions we have taken ourselves (even if we didn't overtake 'round a blind corner)

Readers digest version:
Unless your perfect yourself - don't critisize others
(And for any smarty pants out there - if you ARE perfect, you wouldn't be able to admit it )

Have fun and take care guys/gals
Callum
Old 01 March 2002, 09:52 AM
BladeRnnr
Scooby Regular

Unhappy

SOME FOOD...........4 THOUGHT

For every WA*kER THAT RACES remember its professionals like me who have to pick the pieces up....

I wish i could show you the pictures of the two young "enthusiasts" who were having fun....

THINK LONG AND HARD ABOUT THIS ONE.........

IMAGINE GETTING OFF A FIRE ENGINE AND APPROACHING A BADLY MANGLED CAR........NOW LOOK INSIDE.....TWO MEN....

(ONE OF WHICH IS..............)

ONE WITH THE TOP OF HIS HEAD TAKEN OFF ONE INCH ABOVE THE EYES, THE OTHER WHOS HEAD DECIDED THAT HE DIDN'T LIKE HIS BODY.......
AND WAS FOUND UNDERNEATH THE CAR.

(YOU.........????)

I DON'T MIND FUN, BUT RACING IS ILLEGAL AND BLOODY WELL INSANE........

Its not just about driving quick its attitude ....

M.

P.S. The accident D I D happen.......!!
Old 01 March 2002, 11:30 AM
Black Cat
Scooby Regular

Can anyone of us really put our hands on our hearts and say 'we've never been there???' what the guy did was indeed stupid... but I doubt there is one of us that has never given someone else a good run for their money or wanted to?

P
Old 01 March 2002, 06:05 PM
CallumW
Scooby Regular

Thumbs up

My point exactly

Callum

Quick Reply: Scooby Driver giving ALL OF US a BAD NAME...