Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Litchfield Forester emergency vehicle ?

Search this Thread

Old 22 March 2009, 04:04 PM
340BHP-WRX
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Litchfield Forester emergency vehicle ?

Just had a '57 plate Litchfield Forester Sti come screaming up behind me with blue lights flashing and sirens on. It was blue and had no markings or signs on it. I pulled over to let him past and he flew down the wrong side of the road going head on with oncoming traffic.

He then switched off the lights and sirens and pulled in to B&Q so I followed him in there to take a look. The guy wasn't wearing a uniform which I thought was strange,he opened the boot and I could see a Hi-vis jacket but nothing else. He shut the boot and strolled off into B&Q going abit red and kept looking at me as he knew I was watching him !

Anyone know what this would have been ? I'm guessing he may have been a Paramedic but why no uniform and no equipment ?
Old 22 March 2009, 04:29 PM
dunx
Scooby Senior

Demonstrator vehicle, go on admit it you would !

dunx

P.S. My cousin is a vehicle evaluator for the plod, and has some similar funny stories to tell, usually involving a curry house !
Old 22 March 2009, 04:37 PM
340BHP-WRX
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by dunx
Demonstrator vehicle, go on admit it you would !

dunx

P.S. My cousin is a vehicle evaluator for the plod, and has some similar funny stories to tell, usually involving a curry house !
And they're allowed to drive round like that ??
Old 22 March 2009, 04:57 PM
dunx
Scooby Senior

Real world evaluation....

Honest !

dunx
Old 23 March 2009, 10:50 AM
p1doc
Scooby Regular

Angry

pri*k comes to mind- i would report him-due to idiots like that a lot of out of hours gp's are unable to respond to emergencies appropiately any more
martin
Old 23 March 2009, 11:48 AM
LitchfieldImports
Former Sponsor

lol, Before you all jump to unfair conclusions

We have supplied this Forester STI to a rapid response Charity that provides emergency assistance in the Gloucestershire area. They provide support to the Ambulance service and are obviously able to get to the scene far quicker than the normal services.

The Doctor that owns the Forester STI thinks it’s the ideal vehicle for him to get somewhere quickly, safely and with the large amounts of kit they have to carry I would however be worried if he asked for a roof rack!

More information on this Charity can be found here: Gloucestershire BASICS

We have also provided vehicles for St. John’s Ambulance in the past as well although the slower Landrover variety

Iain
Old 23 March 2009, 06:28 PM
340BHP-WRX
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by LitchfieldImports
lol, Before you all jump to unfair conclusions

We have supplied this Forester STI to a rapid response Charity that provides emergency assistance in the Gloucestershire area. They provide support to the Ambulance service and are obviously able to get to the scene far quicker than the normal services.

The Doctor that owns the Forester STI thinks it’s the ideal vehicle for him to get somewhere quickly, safely and with the large amounts of kit they have to carry I would however be worried if he asked for a roof rack!

More information on this Charity can be found here: Gloucestershire BASICS

We have also provided vehicles for St. John’s Ambulance in the past as well although the slower Landrover variety

Iain
Well his driving leaves alot to be desired !

And if he was on a genuine emergency call,why did he not take any equipment with him when he left the car ?

This may well have been a genuine emergency incident but his driving was so bad that it made me post on here to see what was going on !

Trending Topics

Old 23 March 2009, 06:39 PM
BIG FUD
Scooby Regular

Smile ??????????????

Originally Posted by 340BHP-WRX
Well his driving leaves alot to be desired !

And if he was on a genuine emergency call,why did he not take any equipment with him when he left the car ?

This may well have been a genuine emergency incident but his driving was so bad that it made me post on here to see what was going on !
Why did u not walk in and ask the question about the manner of his driving, Then you would not have to ask on here if it was genuine fair enough if not u in b.q pleanty to hit him with
Old 23 March 2009, 06:42 PM
340BHP-WRX
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by BIG FUD
Why did u not walk in and ask the question about the manner of his driving, Then you would not have to ask on here if it was genuine fair enough if not u in b.q pleanty to hit him with
I just thought it was strange as he wasn't wearing a uniform.

I didn't want to say anything to him incase it turned out to be a copper

Maybe he was on a genuine emergency call which then got cancelled and he thought,while i'm here i'll pop to B&Q
Old 23 March 2009, 06:46 PM
dunx
Scooby Senior

Fresh Loo blocks ?

LOL

dunx
Old 23 March 2009, 06:51 PM
340BHP-WRX
Scooby Regular

Anyway,the main reason I posted on here was to find out what it was and now I know
Old 24 March 2009, 12:21 PM
p1doc
Scooby Regular

Thumbs down

sounds like inappropiate use of emergency vehicle-if caught reported to police for dangerous driving and in front of GMC who do not take kindly to bringing the profession into disrepute
martin
Old 24 March 2009, 04:39 PM
The Trooper 1815
18 June 1815 - Waterloo

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts

Real Doc on a real shout to a hospital. Fair one I think.
But, I have a Foggy STi from Litcho's too!
Old 24 March 2009, 04:40 PM
dunx
Scooby Senior

I still would....

Sorry !

dunx
Old 24 March 2009, 04:43 PM
p1doc
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Blue Dragoon
Real Doc on a real shout to a hospital. Fair one I think.
But, I have a Foggy STi from Litcho's too!
but stopping off at B+Q???
martin
Old 24 March 2009, 04:49 PM
THE DOCTOR
Scooby Regular

Sounds dodgy when you first read it, as an Ex-Paramedic (long story including a crap orthopedic surgeon) I know that you can only drive under emergency conditions when going to an emergency.....

But on the other hand there could be two reasons for his driving....

1. He could have been 'on call' which would account for a lack of uniform, the on call officers in the Ambulance service all had blue lights fitted to their vehicles and would often attend big incidents in just a flourescent vest no uniform.....

2. Another thing that used to happen to me when I was in the fast response car is that I would be mobilised to an incident if there was no one else available, but 'en-route' sometimes got stood down off the incident, leading to some strange looks from fellow drivers as one minute I'm overtaking everyone on blues only to pull in and switch them all off...

The same goes in that as an emergency charity he could be providing 'first responder' help, where members of charities and public with training attend incidents as a first responder if there is no Ambulance to respond, and then get 'stood down' en-route

I'm not making excuses, just trying to give an idea of possible circumstances....

Nope that helps guys..

Last edited by THE DOCTOR; 24 March 2009 at 04:55 PM.
Old 24 March 2009, 04:50 PM
The Trooper 1815
18 June 1815 - Waterloo

Originally Posted by p1doc
but stopping off at B+Q???
martin
NHS cut backs
Old 24 March 2009, 06:09 PM
p1doc
Scooby Regular

NHS cut backs
dont joke- we are waiting a back order of equipment for minor surgery since october last year!!
martin
Old 24 March 2009, 06:11 PM
The Trooper 1815
18 June 1815 - Waterloo

B&Q do some quality Dremels and hand saws. Sorry being fillpant Boring Tuesday afternoon.
Old 24 March 2009, 06:18 PM
340BHP-WRX
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Alsieboy
Sounds dodgy when you first read it, as an Ex-Paramedic (long story including a crap orthopedic surgeon) I know that you can only drive under emergency conditions when going to an emergency.....

But on the other hand there could be two reasons for his driving....

1. He could have been 'on call' which would account for a lack of uniform, the on call officers in the Ambulance service all had blue lights fitted to their vehicles and would often attend big incidents in just a flourescent vest no uniform.....

2. Another thing that used to happen to me when I was in the fast response car is that I would be mobilised to an incident if there was no one else available, but 'en-route' sometimes got stood down off the incident, leading to some strange looks from fellow drivers as one minute I'm overtaking everyone on blues only to pull in and switch them all off...

The same goes in that as an emergency charity he could be providing 'first responder' help, where members of charities and public with training attend incidents as a first responder if there is no Ambulance to respond, and then get 'stood down' en-route

I'm not making excuses, just trying to give an idea of possible circumstances....

Nope that helps guys..

I'm hoping that it was the second reason and that it was a genuine emergency call and that he was stood down en-route
Old 24 March 2009, 09:14 PM
dunx
Scooby Senior

B&Q do some quality Dremels and hand saws. Sorry being fillpant Boring Tuesday afternoon.
Quality !

dunx

P.S. I often end up super-gluing myself back together...
Old 30 March 2009, 09:34 AM
thedoc
Scooby Newbie

Unhappy Litchfield Forester Emergency Vehicle

Gosh! I seem to have upset a lot of people!
340BHP-WRX, despite me flying "down the wrong side of the road going head on with oncoming traffic" I was well aware of you in the black Impreza. Whenever you overtake there is usually oncoming traffic! I can assure you that I and all emergency reponse drivers have to achieve a high driving standard and blue light training. Apologies if you saw it differently. Not everybody out there is so observant, I've often sat behind people for miles with lights/sirens without a flicker of awareness from the driver in front.

Thanks for defending my honour Iain and "alsieboy". I work as a BASICS doctor so am on-call 24/7 and so don't wear a uniform. I was responding to a seroius road accident, but the helicopter beat me to it (perhaps I need a Litchfield upgarde!)
As I was no longer reponding I'm not therfore entitled to drive on "blues/twos" so turned them off, and happened to need something in B+Q on the way back home. Usually I try to "stand down" away from main routes, otherwise you get the situation here where people think your on a jolly!

Gloucestershire BASICS

Feel free to make a charitable donation, Gloucestershire roads unfortunately have a high number of serious accidents requiring our help. We do this for free but our equipment is v expensive.
Old 30 March 2009, 09:59 AM
Timwinner
Scooby Regular

Its true, In my past life you can be on a blue light run and it can sound like the most important job in the world, only for you to be canceled right when your in the middle of traffic, It's not safe for you just to turn off all sirens lights etc and get into the traffic.
Its best practice to get to a safe location and terminate.

To drive on blues you have to meet standards set by the service you drive for, most cases its at least a 3 week intense course, And I mean intense.

The aim of a blue light run is to make progress, if you upset people its not an issue as long as its safe.
People dont like to be overtaken, they dont like to cue, they assume every blue light run is to get home on time.

The truth however is, everytime you respond you are 100% accountable for your driving, Although you are exempt from certain traffic laws you are still more than able to get done for dangerous driving yourself. And this is a possible career ender for many people.
On the most part advance drivers have a great pride in there driving and although it might not appear to be the case all the time they are very very good drivers.

*i put my flame proof suit on in preparation*
Old 30 March 2009, 10:22 AM
THE DOCTOR
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by thedoc
340BHP-WRX, despite me flying "down the wrong side of the road going head on with oncoming traffic" I was well aware of you in the black Impreza. Whenever you overtake there is usually oncoming traffic! I can assure you that I and all emergency reponse drivers have to achieve a high driving standard and blue light training. Apologies if you saw it differently. Not everybody out there is so observant, I've often sat behind people for miles with lights/sirens without a flicker of awareness from the driver in front.

Thanks for defending my honour Iain and "alsieboy". I work as a BASICS doctor so am on-call 24/7 and so don't wear a uniform. I was responding to a seroius road accident, but the helicopter beat me to it (perhaps I need a Litchfield upgarde!)
As I was no longer reponding I'm not therfore entitled to drive on "blues/twos" so turned them off, and happened to need something in B+Q on the way back home. Usually I try to "stand down" away from main routes, otherwise you get the situation here where people think your on a jolly!

Gloucestershire BASICS

Feel free to make a charitable donation, Gloucestershire roads unfortunately have a high number of serious accidents requiring our help. We do this for free but our equipment is v expensive.
No worries matey, thought that was the case, used to get some real strange looks when stood down
Old 30 March 2009, 10:38 AM
davyg
Scooby Regular

Default basics

Nice to see BASICS docs in scoobies! Get plenty of comments about mine at rallies.
Davy
Old 30 March 2009, 11:21 AM
p1doc
Scooby Regular

Thumbs up

fair enough,i work as out of hours gp up in scotland and unfortunately due to complaints re driving of liveried vehicles speeding we have had our lights taken off us and told if caught speeding no back up even though we are down as dual response and cover up to 40 miles of rural roads hence the rant!
martin
ps get the t25 version lol
Old 30 March 2009, 11:27 AM
jonny_693
Scooby Regular

Bonfire - Pissed on.
Old 30 March 2009, 05:00 PM
4wheel
Scooby Regular

Thumbs up emergency vehicle

nice observation "the doc," but i think you will find that 340bhp-wrx drives a silver classic

Last edited by 4wheel; 30 March 2009 at 05:06 PM.
Old 30 March 2009, 06:01 PM
340BHP-WRX
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by thedoc

Gloucestershire BASICS

Fair play for coming on here and posting on this thread

I've got a great deal of respect for what you do

The main reason I started this thread was because I thought something dodgy was going on as i've never seen a blue Forester as an emergency vehicle before and as you weren't wearing a uniform I wrongly assumed you couldn't have been responding to a genuine emergency call. I thought you were just in a hurry to get to B&Q !

By the way,I drive a silver Impreza
Old 30 March 2009, 07:06 PM
dunx
Scooby Senior

Hi thedoc, understanding comes through greater knowledge....

Upset, no, amused yes !

Keep up the good work !

dunx