identify a tracker

Search this Thread

Old 17 March 2009, 02:16 PM
simog
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default identify a tracker

Hi all,

I have not long aquired my 5th scoob and this one has a tracker fitted. The only issue is that somewhere along its life line the paperwork has been misplaced.

Is there any way of identifying the tracker and then getting a copy of the units paperwork sent? Do the companies have a record of every tracker fitted perhaps by Vin / No Plate?

Has anyone here had to do this before?

Thanks for any help you can give.

Simon
Old 17 March 2009, 02:22 PM
LAity
Scooby Regular

When i bought my car i had the same thing, i called Tracker and said what had happened and then they checked whilst i was on the phone. They then tracked me and said they would send all the stuff to me and it all arrived this morning. They were really helpful, give them a call and tell them the score..You will sort it out in no time.

LAity
Old 17 March 2009, 02:36 PM
simog
Scooby Regular

Thanks LAity...you are a star! I think I found the company, based on the sticker on the window matching their logo (tracker Network). Will drop them a line.

Glad it wasn't a tough process...would rather have it tracked, this one is my pride and joy!!!
Old 17 March 2009, 02:44 PM
T5NYW
Scooby Regular

Location: MY99UK-MY02STi-MY99Type R-MY06 T20-MY11 340R-MY05 TYPE25
Received 22 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by simog
Hi all,

I have not long aquired my 5th scoob and this one has a tracker fitted. The only issue is that somewhere along its life line the paperwork has been misplaced.

Is there any way of identifying the tracker and then getting a copy of the units paperwork sent? Do the companies have a record of every tracker fitted perhaps by Vin / No Plate?

Has anyone here had to do this before?

Thanks for any help you can give.
Simon

If it was fitted from new by Subaru UK should able to find out by Chassis number at dealership.You just need to know the make of "tracking device" and reg number and then ring Trackstar or Tracker etc, etc.

Subscription usaully are non-transferable. but may depend on who's tracker!!!!
Once traced You then call them to arrange an "engineer" check unit (fit new battery), pay the Subs and a new Certificate will be posted to you.

So eg. "The life Subscription" is lost as soon as he sells the Car even if it's just after a couple of weeks he cannot transfer it to another Car or another person. Any new owner has to start Subscription all over again (no fitting charge).

IIRC IMHO

Tony
Old 17 March 2009, 04:27 PM
simog
Scooby Regular

Hi Tony,

Thanks for all the info there, it was most helpful. I have actually called tracker to see if they have it listed and they couldn't find it based on the Reg number which makes me think it either isn't one of theirs or perhaps it doesn't have one at all, but rather just a sticker!

One thing the guy did say is that they don't supply the stickers with the purchase as they actually prefer not to advertise of its installation. Hmmm!

I am going to get the Vin number from the car and try again tomorrow, but I have a feeling this might be a little more involved than fist thought!

Anyone know where the tracker gets installed in the car or is this information generally kept secret (for good reason!). If anyone does know, perhaps you could PM me the answer?

Thanks again,

Simon