Sponsored by:

Dodgy Dealings.

Search this Thread

Old 15 March 2009, 01:15 PM
harvey
Former Sponsor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Dodgy Dealings.

I had thought that one of the purposes of Scoobynet was to warn fellow members of potentially dodgy deals.
This could include private individuals taking money but not supplying goods, supplying items not as described, supplying faulty goods or even Traders attempting to operate cartels or price fixing which in itself is illegal.

https://www.scoobynet.com:80/scoobyn...-h4rdy-p1.html
Old 15 March 2009, 08:39 PM
scoobysmiff
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well you would assume so Harvey, so I guess what the new mods are now saying that it IS NOW NOT acceptable to warn other scoobynetters of the dangers of purchasing items from the forum.
This is a classic case of one guy getting ripped off (me) and the other guy claiming innocence (H4RDY-P1) but nothing being resolved when all the dealings were done via this forum.
Why is it I cannot warn other forum user's of the potential dodgy dealers out there so that they do not get ripped off also, why is this method of control not publicly applauded by the mods so to clean up OUR forum.
No one like being ripped off on here and no one likes seeing it either.
Old 15 March 2009, 09:05 PM
TingTongPJ
Scooby Regular

scoobysmiff, why do you not use the feedback system now in place ?? thought you had won in court already think that is why your other thread was closed. best way to warn people is use the feedback.
Old 19 March 2009, 09:26 PM
scoobysmiff
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Connor_scotland
Smiff you still not got it sorted mate?

No mate, been to court but now need to send in Bailiffs as he still will not cough up
Old 19 March 2009, 10:58 PM
H4RDY-P1
Scooby Regular

Harvey would you refund some one some 5 months later that had perchased a turbo from you and it is no longer in the same condition as it was when it left you ?.
I cant offer a refund for a bag full of bits.
Old 19 March 2009, 11:06 PM
Kieran_Burns
Scooby Regular
Support Scoobynet!

The thing is, when you see this from a completely objective point of view what is seen is one person complaining about another with no evidence.

I know you have said that you went to court and won, but there is nothing here to prove that, so from our point of view you are making unsubstantiated allegations.

You said: "This is a classic case of one guy getting ripped off (me) and the other guy claiming innocence (H4RDY-P1) but nothing being resolved when all the dealings were done via this forum"

What we see is: "This is a classic case of one guy CLAIMING he got ripped off (me) and the other guy claiming innocence (H4RDY-P1)"

What if someone came on here and started saying "I sold a turbo to a guy and he wrecked it, then tried to get his money back!"

You'd expect us to remove the libellous post? We would, just as we are removing your unsubstantiated claims.

We have to.
Old 22 March 2009, 01:48 PM
harvey
Former Sponsor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by H4RDY-P1
Harvey would you refund some one some 5 months later that had perchased a turbo from you and it is no longer in the same condition as it was when it left you ?.
H4ARDY-P1

As I understand it you supplied the turbo sometime in August and Smiffy was sufficiently concerned when he first saw it, when he came home at Christmas (and when it had not been fitted to any vehicle) to return the turbo to the manufacturers, Owen's, for their advice. This seems perfectly reasonable.
From this, Owen's confirmed the condition and actual model.
I further understand that Smiffy was led to believe, by you, the turbo was capable of far bigger output than it actually is and this was because you sent details of a bigger/later model of turbo.
I further understand that Smiffy advised you as to Owen's findings shortly after he got them and you failed to respond to him.

To specifically answer your question above, I doubt I would have found myself in your position but in the circumstances I would have dealt with the matter expediently and wanted to find an equitable solution.

You ignored Smiffy's attempts to get in touch, resulting in his initial post, on S/net, probably in frustration, trying to get in touch with you, just as you appear to have ignored the County Court.
Had you acted professionally in the first place, instead of burying your head in the sand, the matter would never have reached County Court IMHO.

Correct me if I am wrong on any of the above.

Also, from the MLR thread, it appears other people have had difficulties dealing with you or are these malicious posts by ficticious people?

Again from your post above :

Are you now saying you will give a refund if the turbo is put back together?