Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What make of High Flow Cat to get?

Search this Thread

Old 13 March 2009, 07:58 PM
DarrenSTI
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What make of High Flow Cat to get?

Currently have fitted a H&S 2nd cat pipe, centre section and back box.

Next step is to get a high flow cat, H&S quoted £475+ vat, but have seen for eaxample the Ninja 100 cell cat for under £300, but not sure if this would mate up to my H&S that I have fitted already?

I really want a cat on for MOT time, but also want the best possible performance/response gains.
Then the re-map would be next which I understand will cost around £600, should I also add a uprated fuel pump?
Old 13 March 2009, 08:25 PM
scoobmj
Scooby Regular

i have a ninja and its niiiiice!
Old 13 March 2009, 08:42 PM
Stevesbluewrx
Scooby Regular

DarrenSTi,

Mate loads of options out there to look at mate.

I have a Sports Cat on mine from RCM. Not cheap but does its job.

Other like
H&S
Vortex Afterburner (made by H&S)
Ninja
Milltek
etc

All make great sports cats. In terms of power, a member who used to own a 2004 STi including Sports Cat made something like 430bhp (with supporting mods of course).

Steve
Old 13 March 2009, 10:19 PM
DarrenSTI
Scooby Regular

I was just wondering if I were to get another make other than the H&S would it all fit together? or will the bends in the pipework all vary from make to make?

After all a £200 saving is something worth having hey.
Old 13 March 2009, 10:21 PM
Black-Hawk
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by DarrenSTI

Next step is to get a high flow cat, H&S quoted £475+ vat, but have seen for eaxample the Ninja 100 cell cat for under £300, but not sure if this would mate up to my H&S that I have fitted already?

I really want a cat on for MOT time, but also want the best possible performance/response gains.
Then the re-map would be next which I understand will cost around £600, should I also add a uprated fuel pump?
I've got a 100cell sport cat(revolution) off my car to sell, it was on for a few hundred miles only, cost iro £350 sell for £200, its wrapped too, they do a 200 cell now and their £420www.revolution247.com/subaru, an uprated pump is a must now you've started the mods

Last edited by Black-Hawk; 13 March 2009 at 10:35 PM.
Old 13 March 2009, 10:24 PM
Stevesbluewrx
Scooby Regular

I think your struggle to fit some parts from one another.

Milltek for a start have the flanges at different angles. RCM claim that there systems can only be matched with there own brand etc. Some people have cut and got the welder out to make a system to fit mate.

Steve
Old 13 March 2009, 10:29 PM
DarrenSTI
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Stevesbluewrx

Milltek for a start have the flanges at different angles. RCM claim that there systems can only be matched with there own brand etc. Some people have cut and got the welder out to make a system to fit mate.

Steve
Yeah this is what I thought. Well not to worry, I'll hang on for the H&S then I think, what way I'll have no fitment queries then.

cheers for the info tho mate
Old 14 March 2009, 12:04 AM
S3TH
Scooby Regular

What about the prodrive sports cats from the PPP? Been a few 2nd hand on here for sale.

anyone know at what power they become restrictive?
Old 14 March 2009, 08:36 AM
andyswagon
Scooby Regular

all scoobyworld system parts fit with the standard oem parts, so for example if you have a ppp cat pipe the scoobyworld downpipe will mate up to that no problems and so on......
Old 14 March 2009, 02:35 PM
hoskib
Scooby Regular

£475 that's an awful lot of money when you can pick up Prodrive sports cats for £200-£250.
considering at the very worst they're as good as anything else you'll buy i know what my money would (and did) be spent on

i couldn't be doing with mucking around at MOT time and after digging around on here there seems little gain with a decat at the level of tune you're looking at.

the fuel pump is highly recommended by some, considered not necessary by others. personally for what they cost it gives me a bit of piece of mind it's over specced so i won't have to worry about the OE one struggling
Old 14 March 2009, 11:26 PM
DarrenSTI
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by hoskib
£475 that's an awful lot of money when you can pick up Prodrive sports cats for £200-£250.
considering at the very worst they're as good as anything else you'll buy i know what my money would (and did) be spent on

i couldn't be doing with mucking around at MOT time and after digging around on here there seems little gain with a decat at the level of tune you're looking at.

the fuel pump is highly recommended by some, considered not necessary by others. personally for what they cost it gives me a bit of piece of mind it's over specced so i won't have to worry about the OE one struggling
Aways worth covering youself, as you say the cost of the fuel pump in pretty good.

Thats what I thought about the H&S H.F.C, hence this thread.
Surely a PPP cat with mate up fine with what I have fitted allready, as its basically the same shape/bends as the one one now, just it would be a high flow model.
Old 14 March 2009, 11:46 PM
REDBULL2
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Stevesbluewrx

Steve
yep had this trouble with mine wanted to take my miltek sports cat out and put a de-cat center section in but cant find a 3" de-cat to fit so going to make my own
Old 15 March 2009, 01:01 PM
hoskib
Scooby Regular

Aways worth covering youself, as you say the cost of the fuel pump in pretty good.

Thats what I thought about the H&S H.F.C, hence this thread.
Surely a PPP cat with mate up fine with what I have fitted allready, as its basically the same shape/bends as the one one now, just it would be a high flow model.
i think you'd have to be very,very unlucky for it not to mate up. my exhaust is a bit of a jumble, the PPP downpipe, an ebay decat centre section, afterburner de-res pipe and the genome backbox. all fitted together perfectly

just spotted you're in essex, well worth looking at Mocom Racing for remapping. it's not a ECUTEK map (opensource i think?) and it'll be cheaper than the ECUTEK route.
you'll get a mixed response if you post up which is better, best to do a bit of searching, but it's well worth considering
Old 15 March 2009, 05:05 PM
DarrenSTI
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by hoskib
i think you'd have to be very,very unlucky for it not to mate up. my exhaust is a bit of a jumble, the PPP downpipe, an ebay decat centre section, afterburner de-res pipe and the genome backbox. all fitted together perfectly

just spotted you're in essex, well worth looking at Mocom Racing for remapping. it's not a ECUTEK map (opensource i think?) and it'll be cheaper than the ECUTEK route.
you'll get a mixed response if you post up which is better, best to do a bit of searching, but it's well worth considering
Mocom I think would be the guys that I would call for the re-map. I was thinking about getting all the parts together then go see them, so fit and map it all.