Sponsored by:

Litchfield Type 25

Search this Thread

Old 01 March 2009, 08:30 PM
scooba-steve
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Litchfield Type 25

Just been out in a litchfield type 25 and OMG!!!!

I am in love with it! The interior i now want for my scooby and i wouldnt mind nicking that engine either!!

So fast and the torque was great!

What would be needed to get a ppp sti even close to that??!?!?!
Old 01 March 2009, 08:39 PM
LAity
Scooby Regular

I concur, I was going to buy a Porsche or an RS4 but went for a Subaru because i love them....then once i bought it i found out about the Type 25..i am looking for one now. They are the nuts, they must be the top Subaru on the road..nothing comes close one would have thought??

LAity
Old 01 March 2009, 09:28 PM
stevie1982
Scooby Regular

what year type25, and what power was it running
Old 01 March 2009, 10:25 PM
scooba-steve
Scooby Regular

i have no idea what year it was but it was either the blob eye or the hawk eye?! didnt get a chance to look around it just jump in it as he was waiting outside the house. I did see the **** end of it as he drove off but i wasnt concentrating on the plates just the amazing sound it made!! :-D

When i was in the car i believe he mentioned something along the lines of just under 500bhp?!
Old 01 March 2009, 10:29 PM
Pete
Scooby Regular

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by scooba-steve

When i was in the car i believe he mentioned something along the lines of just under 500bhp?!

Lol,

It,s had a few tweaks from when it was a TYPE-25 then..
Old 01 March 2009, 11:53 PM
scooba-steve
Scooby Regular

yer it must have had a few!

just had a look at the litchfield website
Old 02 March 2009, 01:41 PM
Shaun
Scooby Regular
Support Scoobynet!

Received 22 Likes on 18 Posts

The MKII was 415bhp IIRC.

So much bull**** about peoples figures though, so you may find it was actually no where near 500bhp. Only way to be sure would be to know the spec. In standard form (as in Type25 MKII standard form lol) they are rapid enough. Not saying it is not...... but unless the source is trusted and all that.

There are only a few that Iain is aware of (obviously there maybe others) that have been tuned higher and nearly all of these were done via Iain. I have one such MKII Type25 engine in my Spec C.

At 500+ they are unreal as a road car. I have yet to know or drive another conversion that is as responsive and as brutal as mine, whilst still providing over 500 of each on plain VPower. IMO it is way too much for a road car, as it is not just how much power is available, but it's the way it comes in. It is so accessible....... all too easily.

The only way of getting a PPP STi near that, would be to rip the engine out and put something else in!
Old 02 March 2009, 04:00 PM
GazTheHat
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Shaun
At 500+ they are unreal as a road car. I have yet to know or drive another conversion that is as responsive and as brutal as mine, whilst still providing over 500 of each on plain VPower. IMO it is way too much for a road car
I'd love to be able to make my own decision on that.
Old 02 March 2009, 07:00 PM
scooba-steve
Scooby Regular

So much bull**** about peoples figures though, so you may find it was actually no where near 500bhp. Only way to be sure would be to know the spec. In standard form (as in Type25 MKII standard form lol) they are rapid enough. Not saying it is not...... but unless the source is trusted and all that.

There are only a few that Iain is aware of (obviously there maybe others) that have been tuned higher and nearly all of these were done via Iain. I have one such MKII Type25 engine in my Spec C.

At 500+ they are unreal as a road car. I have yet to know or drive another conversion that is as responsive and as brutal as mine, whilst still providing over 500 of each on plain VPower. IMO it is way too much for a road car, as it is not just how much power is available, but it's the way it comes in. It is so accessible....... all too easily.

The only way of getting a PPP STi near that, would be to rip the engine out and put something else in!
Yer its like that with alot of people increasing the bhp figures! With the type 25 engine....does it come with the intercooler at the front instead of ontop of the engine? As thats one thing he said he got done.

What ever bhp it was it was very quick, compared to my mates RS4 and most definatly my sti ppp!!

Haha, hmmm i think my wallet wouldnt be able to handle that sort of work!

By the sounds of it your scooby is very impressive!!

***edit*** it IS very impressive, love the look of it!

Last edited by scooba-steve; 02 March 2009 at 07:02 PM.
Old 02 March 2009, 07:10 PM
XRS
Scooby Senior

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

I believe Iain offered the FMIC on Mk II T25s for those wanting around 450 bhp. The whole ethos of the T25s was to make them civilized cars to drive (as well as fast), and he did a brilliant job with that.
Old 02 March 2009, 07:19 PM
scooba-steve
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by XRS
I believe Iain offered the FMIC on Mk II T25s for those wanting around 450 bhp. The whole ethos of the T25s was to make them civilized cars to drive (as well as fast), and he did a brilliant job with that.
hmm guess the guy wasnt fibbing then, he did say he'd had this and that done whilst going along, but i wasnt really listening, more interested in what was ahead as i was crapping it not being in control!!

Amazing cars, i would love to one day own one!
Old 02 March 2009, 08:18 PM
Shaun
Scooby Regular
Support Scoobynet!

Received 22 Likes on 18 Posts

GazTheHat,
I would rather have the inflated bank balance to be honest!

scooba-steve,
RS4's aint that quick.... I pounded two at the TunerGP Race event at Snetterton in 2006 and I was only running 370bhp on the stock 2ltr Spec C engine.

As has been said, Iain did fit a Hyperflow FMIC at the owners request for circa 450bhp conversions.

AFAIK (other than mine and his race car) the next powerfullest Type25 he has provided is one running around 470bhp.
Old 03 March 2009, 10:07 AM
kn9
Scooby Newbie

Shaun, you are living my dream!!!!

I have PM'ed you some questions...hope you would kindly humour me.... many thanks in advance.