Sponsored by:

Check out the problem lol !!!

Search this Thread

Old 28 February 2009, 07:30 PM
ian.b
BANNED

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Check out the problem lol !!!

Idle rev counter speed problem: I found out what it was ! The story goes like this lol. I called subaru they said it was my (carburetor)! was playing up and they charge £85ph. I then called my friend who said to bring the car down to him. I went to my friends garage and he pluged my car into the diagnostics equipment. Hummm no faults found, engine management light on !! errr that was me i took off the maf plug while engine was running and caused the light to come on lol He checked the idle speed it was between 700/723rpm. All other checks done all ok. Fault light reset all sorted. I think the rev counter is out a little coz when it reved up to 3000rpm it sowed 2900, apart from that the car is ok

Last edited by ian.b; 28 February 2009 at 07:35 PM.
Old 28 February 2009, 08:06 PM
s70rjw
Scooby Senior

Originally Posted by ian.b
Idle rev counter speed problem: I found out what it was ! The story goes like this lol. I called subaru they said it was my (carburetor)! was playing up and they charge £85ph. I then called my friend who said to bring the car down to him. I went to my friends garage and he pluged my car into the diagnostics equipment. Hummm no faults found, engine management light on !! errr that was me i took off the maf plug while engine was running and caused the light to come on lol He checked the idle speed it was between 700/723rpm. All other checks done all ok. Fault light reset all sorted. I think the rev counter is out a little coz when it reved up to 3000rpm it sowed 2900, apart from that the car is ok

You got me there mate.........
Old 28 February 2009, 08:39 PM
stara
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by ian.b
glad you got it sorted