Sponsored by:

PPC Oulton Park Trackday 07 Feb 09

Search this Thread

Old 10 February 2009, 03:54 PM
Mark in Ireland
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default PPC Oulton Park Trackday 07 Feb 09

There was a bunch of scoobies at this event and I got some action shots in the vid clips below...
Was at the Practical Performance Mag Trackday at Oulton Park on Saturday, had a ball, great mix of cars yet again. Track was cold and druids was dodgy...even spun there myself...in a controlled sort of manner! Track dried out by lunchtime and there was even a dry line round druids. It took ages to get decent heat into my tyres but once they warmed up it was great, morning session was really unpredictable and slides were inevitable, however, not actually full in control slides as track conditions was a mixture of grip/no grip at all!

Got a lot of video but no photos...too busy to take any!! Guys drove as far afield as from Kent..setting off at 1 in the morning and Bristol!
No one from the magazine PPC managed to turn up!! All snowed in...so they say!!

Part 1 YouTube - PPC Oulton Park 07 Feb 09 Part 1

Part 2 YouTube - PPC Oulton Park 07 Feb 09 Part 2

Part 3 YouTube - PPC Oulton Park 07 Feb 09 Part 3

Part 4 YouTube - PPC Oulton Park 07 Feb 09 Part 4

Part 5 YouTube - PPC Oulton Park 07 Feb 09 Part 5

Part 6 YouTube - PPC Oulton Park 07 Feb 09 Part 6

Clip of the scooby spinning in front of me was due to running budget tyres on 18" rims, knew he was going off so followed him to get close up action!
First clip is me making stupid newby mistake of not getting tyres up to temperature and thinking Druids would be kind to me...

Took me a while to get back up to speed, tyres remained cold but in the afternoon after 18 spinners and the usual warning of 'spin again..go home' I managed to get heat into the tyres and the lap times dropped.

Pet hate, when cars pull over to let you pass but don't back off so you end up off line and on the slippier part of the track, especially heading for Druids...not nice!

2 more videos ....
Part 7 YouTube - PPC Oulton Park 07 Feb 09 Part 7

Part 8 YouTube - PPC Oulton Park 07 Feb 09 Part 8

Enjoy!