MY01's for sale in UK Supermarkets!

Search this Thread

Old 02 February 2001, 07:18 PM
logiclee
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool

Hi All,

Just noticed Motorpoint of Derby have MY01's in for £18495.

Just thought I'd share that with you.

Lee

[This message has been edited by logiclee (edited 02 February 2001).]
Old 02 February 2001, 08:25 PM
spudgun
Scooby Regular

Cool

and no-one will buy them there either
Old 02 February 2001, 09:07 PM
CLS
Scooby Regular

Exclamation

This must be a new experience for the dealers, having had such a premium product, to suddenly being the purveyors of supermarket goods...what have they done? I preferred it before when they had a desirable shape that the whole market lusted after rather than a situation where people make excuses for the bloody thing. No doubt someone will shoot me down in flames but Subaru really screwed up in the 'I want' stakes this time. Perhaps the car will resume 'Q' status. Hmmm, perhaps it's not all bad then....
Old 02 February 2001, 10:53 PM
spudgun
Scooby Regular

Smile

totally agree cls, not much of a qcar though when everyone points and says " whats that ugly bloody thing, is it a corolla with a rubbish spoiler?"
Old 02 February 2001, 10:58 PM
carl
Scooby Regular

I too saw the Motorpoint ad -- I can only presume it refers to an EU import? Or are we now in the realms of dealers having to pre-register the new model to get sales figures up (I thought the whole idea of the redesign was to sell *more* cars)?

[This message has been edited by carl (edited 02 February 2001).]
Old 03 February 2001, 01:12 AM
Mike Owen
Scooby Regular

Well...

I picked mine up last Monday and so far (besides the Shiite seats) I'm quite happy with it. I suppose the new shape takes a bit of getting used to but it certainly goes OK. Another week and it will be run in and then I'll get a better idea of the straight line performance. As to round the twisties, had it on the old A702 from Edinburgh to Moffat over the hills, this evening (not many better driving roads than that) and was well impressed and that was keeping it under 4k self imposed rev limit. Now where has that terminal understeer gone! (thank God). I've owned an MY97 and an MY99. Yes it's a different beast. Would prefer it 20mm lower and a bit more weight in the steering and maybe another 30 bhp but that's part the fun (IE. sorting it out) and yes, the pod h/lights from the WRC car would be nice. Maybe see some of you guys up at Knockhill in March and then we shall see how the land lies (could be an interesting day out).

Enjoy your cars.... because I know that I do.

Time to put those S/sport driving lights in tomorrow me thinks.... Hell, it's starting all over again.................
Old 03 February 2001, 08:45 PM
spudgun
Scooby Regular

Cool

do you think if subaru offered a FREE headlight conversion kit, and perhaps advertised the car with this, they would create more interest? if it cost a couple of hundred quid per car to do this, surely it would be better than selling em cheap, or loads of unsold stock left? i'm fairly new to impreza ownership, but i chose the my00 over a my01 because i honestly dont like the way it looks. so i ask myself what will i upgrade to in a couple of years? i cannot commit myself to a car that i dont like the look of( and no, its not growing on me), is not selling well, and be left with a dog come resale time.
i hope subaru dont do the usual trick of offering improvements for steep prices, for basic things that need doing like improving the brakes.
c'mon subaru, do the decent thing, otherwise i'm going skyline in two years.
Old 03 February 2001, 08:55 PM
Dave T-S
Scooby Regular

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post
Exclamation

Trede Sales Slough - £17,999.

Probably sourced in Holland.

Let Pete Croney loose on it - suspension/exhaust/air filter/lamps/seats - bingo - better car than the MY00 and less than the price of a UK supplied car.

Give it a year and perhaps people will start to take the blinkers off.......
Old 03 February 2001, 09:00 PM
Dave T-S
Scooby Regular

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:<HR>Originally posted by Dave T-S:
<B>Trede Sales Slough - £17,999.

Probably sourced in Holland.

Let Pete Croney loose on it - suspension/exhaust/air filter/lamps/seats - bingo - better car than the MY00 and less than the price of a UK supplied car.

The old model is obsolete (and yes that includes mine). Give it a year and perhaps people will start to take the blinkers off.......[/quote]

Old 03 February 2001, 09:01 PM
Dave T-S
Scooby Regular

Wink

DOH!! Try pressing the edit button not reply with quote - Muppet
Old 03 February 2001, 11:09 PM
carl
Scooby Regular

Maybe one day I will come round to the MY01 way of thinking (it's starting to grow on me...)

However, just because something has been superseded does not mean it's obsolete. There are those who reckon the original Quad ESL loudspeakers have never been bettered, and closer to home you could say that Audi have never come up with a car that was as good to drive as the original Quattro.
Old 03 February 2001, 11:33 PM
Dream Weaver
Scooby Regular

Thumbs up

I saw Burnsy (I think) in the new WRC version on TV last week, and I have to say it looked really good in tarmac spec. It was low with multispokes on, larger STI V type spoiler and it did look the dogs!!

It had the superb halogen headlights on as well which look much better than the standard stuff.

A bit of cash and modification and it could look good. I will post a picture if I can find one.

Simon
Old 03 February 2001, 11:44 PM
Dream Weaver
Scooby Regular

Thumbs up

My replies dont seem to be posting tonight, but here goes again. I replied to this saying that the WRC version looked well, so here is a picture of it. Just needs lowering a bit with OZ Super T's:
Old 04 February 2001, 01:30 AM
CLS
Scooby Regular

Wink

It must be great to have loads of money, to be able to buy a car and spend loads trying to make it look as it should in the first place. There's me thinking that Subaru could have done this already. Some of the 'spy' shots would have had people queueing for miles! Me included. No offence but the MY01 doesn't have the 'omigodigotohaveit' factor...
Yet...please Subaru come resale time of my MY00 please tell me all this will be just a bad dream
Old 04 February 2001, 01:31 AM
CLS
Scooby Regular

Wink

It must be great to have loads of money, to be able to buy a car and spend loads trying to make it look as it should in the first place. There's me thinking that Subaru could have done this already. Some of the 'spy' shots would have had people queueing for miles! Me included. No offence but the MY01 doesn't have the 'omigodigotohaveit' factor...
Yet...please Subaru come resale time of my MY00 please tell me all this will be just a bad dream
Old 04 February 2001, 01:33 AM
CLS
Scooby Regular

oops sorry too much lager!
That probably refers to the rant as well