Notices
ScoobyNet General General Subaru Discussion
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Continue saving for a Scoob or Driver Tuition?

Search this Thread

Old 05 February 2009, 02:40 PM
eggy790
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Continue saving for a Scoob or Driver Tuition?

Ok after selling my scoob for family reasons, i am now saving for another, have about 3300 aside and look for a mint version 5/6 type r/ra

should i continue saving or book myself in for a full day on the impreza at bill gwynne rally school?

i have big plans for my next scoob.. what would you do? tuition after you got the car or before?

----------

http://www.goliathres.com/res_web_di...0&activityId=2

Full Day - Subaru Impreza (MINSUB) - Price from £350.00

Learning to drive a 280bhp Subaru Impreza on the loose is one of the most exhilarating experiences you can have in a car.

Your instructor will teach you how to control power-slides and master hairpin bends in the turbo-charged, four-wheel drive world-beater.

Availability - Regular dates throughout the year.

Duration - The day begins at 9.00am and you will depart at approximately 4.30pm. Please click here to view and print your itinery

Restrictions - You will be required to sign a Declaration of Indemnity. In the event that you are under 18-years the signature of your parent or guardian will also be required.

Clothing Required - You are advised to wear comfortable, casual clothing and experience has shown that narrow, thin-soled footwear give drivers the best feel on the pedals - trainers with thick soles or work boots are not suitable. You will be provided with a suitable helmet & balaclava which must be worn at all times whilst you are in the car.

Spectator Information - Spectators are welcome on the understanding that they sign a declaration of indemnity, and on payment of a £10 fee per person in respect of insurance, lunch and refreshments.

Meal Arrangements - Lunch & refreshments are included in this activity.

Weather Restrictions - None

Price from - £350.00
Old 05 February 2009, 03:44 PM
eggy790
Scooby Regular

bump
Old 06 February 2009, 11:17 AM
eggy790
Scooby Regular

ive decided scooby lol ill practice sideways driving when i get it
Old 06 February 2009, 12:44 PM
scoobyc
Scooby Regular

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

exactly. everyone advised me it would be hard blar blar blar kill my self blar blar blar.

Bought one and not looked back. and im still alive. I do suggest getting on the Rockingham Skid day tho!(see thread on this forum) 130 quid and you get to slide your own car about all day legally without destroying the tyres.

Good luck with your new scooby!
Old 06 February 2009, 12:50 PM
GazTheHat
Scooby Regular

Continue saving. There would be nothing worse than taking one out for a good day, then not being able to drive one after the course. It might make your saving more determined though.
Old 06 February 2009, 12:54 PM
eggy790
Scooby Regular

yeah ive had 3 scoobs before lol but ive never pushed them on bends etc..the next one, i want to use on trackdays and get it handling perfect (previous were standard stis) i think ill just push the car more this time, i just used to like the straight line speed before.. but have got a cliosport as a back down car.. its got me focused on the twistties more 2