Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Buying a (02) Subaru STI - HELP please!

Search this Thread

Old 03 February 2009, 10:51 PM
james_ukm
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Buying a (02) Subaru STI - HELP please!

Hey i was wondering if anyone could help me i am currently lookibg a gettin a STI prodrive on a 02 plate. I was hoping to get one off a forecourt where i could get a warrenty on but i have seen what appears to be a bargain but its a private sale. Its an 02 plate with 36000 miles with full subaru service history and paper work to back the miles up the car itself looks absolutly mint inside and out. I am a bit wary as i dont know what i should be looking for. can anyone give me any tips please
Old 04 February 2009, 12:57 AM
GREGGYG
Scooby Regular

The first thing I would look for is evidence of accident damage. Check all the panels carefully, including under the bonnet.
Drive the car, listen for any knocking sounds from the rear, this would usually indicate shocks which were a warranty item, some were cured after replacement, some were not. Car should drive smoothly, with nice tight positive gearchanges, brakes should bite reassuringly with little foot pressure on pedal, clutch bite should be around half way up. Check tyres, check the history carefully to see it all makes sense, lift up the floor panel in the boot and look for anything unusual. Check brake discs, fluid levels and fluid cleanliness.
Old 04 February 2009, 01:03 AM
james_ukm
Scooby Regular

cheers mate