Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Driven - Very Sad People

Search this Thread

Old 22 February 2002, 09:53 AM
Edward Vincent Osgood
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I am not talking about the Driven staff, but some of the people on here.

Have been looking through the other 'Driven' thread. Only got to page 3 out of 8, before I could take no more.

Some of your whinging is amazing, some old chestnuts and some new moans. To summarise:

1. It was down to the tyres.
2. Penny is up Mitusbishi's @****.
3. IF the punters had driven the Evo first then they would have thought differently.
4. Mitsubishi paid Driven. Be careful here lads that comment could be libellous.
5. Typical journo rubbish. Of course when the journos say that the Sti is best (Evo mag, Tiff Needel) they are spot on.
6. Wrong driver, it should have been Johnny Herbert testing them.
7. The punters who drove them can't drive.
8. Penny?, Rally Driver?, more like Trolley Driver!

and many thanks to Scrappy doo for bringing up the fuel tank argument. Yes, when it comes down to it, it's the size of the fuel tank that really makes a car.

To be honest, I couldn't care less which car wins or losses, I just can't believe how pathetic some people can be in arguments like this.

Basically, if a mag, TV programme etc doesn't say that the Impreza is the best car out there, then some of you start moaning.

As I have said before, just enjoy your cars and don't take things like this so bloody seriously.

Ed.

Old 22 February 2002, 10:17 AM
Gridlock Mikey
Scooby Regular

Wink

Dude, i gotta respond to this one [img]images/smilies/mad.gif[/img]

People have passions in thier lives, that you have to agree on.

Some people it's football, others it's cars, some it's wine, others it's beer.

Now if anyone were to judge your girlfriend/wife against another woman and yours came out second best, naturally you would defend her, especially if the panel of judges were virgins that had never met your beloved. If i said to you, "Mate, don't worry, what do they know" you'd still want to point out that your missus was a good cook, loving mum, brilliant lover etc. It wouldn't be sour grapes, just natural. Get my point.

Tell me you've never got a bit anti with a mate when he's started on your football team.

You've probably never met a team member before so why get anti?

People just do, it's natural so to say that "scoob owners" are sore loosers is, I think, a bit of a sweeping statement.

Cheers

Mikey
Old 22 February 2002, 10:26 AM
Dave T-S
Scooby Regular

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post
Exclamation

Mikey

Totally agree

PS - football is crap.......
Old 22 February 2002, 10:27 AM
Gridlock Mikey
Scooby Regular

Wink

I know

Mikey
Old 22 February 2002, 10:29 AM
astraboy
Scooby Regular

Thumbs up

Dont usually enter into these things but I have to agree with Ed today.
If it puts a smile on your face then who cares what anyone else thinks of it?
My astra may not be the fastest or cleanest of cars out there, but it makes me smile when I drive it so it matters little what other people think of it.
Likewise the Cossie, okay its tailhappy as hell and drinks like George Best, but its worth the money I paid for it so who cares?
Not me.
regards,
happyastraboy.
Old 22 February 2002, 10:43 AM
Disco
Scooby Regular

Cool

The whole Scooby Vs Evo saga, is really starting to become a bore and spoil this BBS now.[img]images/smilies/mad.gif[/img]

I agree with Mikey in that to some, cars are a pssion, and as a result pride means plenty will always defend their current brand.

Which car is better to any given person is always going to come down to personal tastes, and what a driver wants from a car.

There has been a lot of accusations of Scooby elitism on here recently, but I think that is unfair. This is a Subaru enthusiasts website after all, and as such most users are going to understandably defend the Impreza, it seems that many (not all) of the EVO drivers on here, and those I have met, are the ones who actually look down their noses, and are up the own *rses!!

The Evo is a fine, fine car, better than the Impreza in many ways, but not all. Unfortunately this community is its own worst enemy, as the OTT gloating following the Top Gear Awards showed.

To put it in a small analogy....
I am a Newcastle United football fan, they are my favorite team, I love them, and for me they are unquestionably the best. But in all honesty Manchester United are probably better!!!

Old 22 February 2002, 11:02 AM
T9KYO
Scooby Newbie

Wink

This is my impression of Driven last night. Got home, missus told me she was taping Driven as it had a test between a Evo and Scooby, said thanks darling(as you do), had me tea, went on the net and later went downstairs to watch what I had been looking forward to all evening. Yep the Winter Olympics and not Driven.

I've gone off these car programmes ever since Clarkson put the Skyline over the Scooby and Evo in that test. Could never work out why 2 Rally cars were put up against a Track car on fast Tarmac ???

Mind you guys if they had rated the Scooby heads over the Evo you'd have all been well pleased. Moral, I suppose if their is one, is don't watch 'em.

glen.

Trending Topics

Old 22 February 2002, 11:04 AM
George W Bush
BANNED

Taken from Lancer register! Very true!

"Funny that the Top Gear feature wasn't perceived as biased, ooh, maybe that's because the Sti did so well. Christ! Ironic that Subaru's mission statement is to be the Japanese BMW in terms of perception and quality - looks like the owners are going the same way. " I have the best car on the road, no questions asked!"

All from an ex Subaru owner!!!
Old 22 February 2002, 12:11 PM
Edward Vincent Osgood
Scooby Regular

Gridlock,

Don't mind people getting passionate, that's fair enough.

It is the fickleness of people that really gets me. If Driven had said that the Subaru was the better car, then the programme would have been the best thing since sliced bread.

Basically it seems as though if someone says anything against the Subaru then they are talking crap.

I really don't know if it is true or not (and don't care) but perhaps the Evo VII is better than the STi (in Driven's eyes).

For people to start making derogatory comments about the testers, because they don't agree with your view etc etc is just pathetic.

Also if you check my original post I do use the phrase 'some' when I refer to Subaru drivers. I do realise that not all Subaru drivers share the views of the people who posted.

Ed.

Old 22 February 2002, 12:18 PM
Elvis Presley
Scooby Regular

I agree about the "defensive" attitudes, but personally just thought the programme was crap. No doubt about the evo being better, but lets see it reviewed by car enthusiasts, not brainiacs who look like they've never driven a fast car.

The chase was also a joke. Completely flawed.

Dissapointing programme. Thats all. I was looking forward to it as well. I knew the Evo would win. Thats not the point. I was looking forward to seeing a decent test putting both cars through their paces.
Old 22 February 2002, 12:22 PM
MattOz
Scooby Regular

Wink

Ed,

Agree with you on this one! The Scooby lot on here are passionate about their cars. Can't fault them for that, but the way that they appear to have been unjustly dissed just because of a TV programme is unbelieveable!

FFS, An Evo7 is better than the lates incarnation of the STI. So effing what!! Tell us something that we didn't already know. Of course it's better. It's quicker, handles more precisely, stops quicker etc etc. If any Scoobynetter doesn't believe me, just test drive an Evo!

Actually, don't, because I did, and it was a large factor in me selling my STI ....................... Enough said.

Matt
Old 22 February 2002, 01:46 PM
scrappydoo
Scooby Regular

Ed! Is that a sarcastic comment or a good one on my behave?

scrappy
Old 22 February 2002, 01:53 PM
TRIGGER
Scooby Regular

Yes alot of us are passionate about our Subarus, but it's a bit different to wives and football teams (although I do agree football IS rubbish)- because after a few years we sell our lumps of metal and plastic and move onto something else. This is not the same people supporting football teams all their life, and not even close to marriage !!!!
Some perspective is needed.
Old 22 February 2002, 01:57 PM
Disco
Scooby Regular

Red face

What I was trying to convey is that what is best in some peoples eyes is not what is best in others. I tested the EVO 7 and didn't like it, but that doesn't mean it is not better, or that someone else would see it differently. Hence the football analogy[img]images/smilies/mad.gif[/img]
Old 22 February 2002, 02:05 PM
astraboy
Scooby Regular

sod this, I'm off back to the hutch. Care to join me disco?
astraboy.
Old 22 February 2002, 02:06 PM
Evo 7
Scooby Newbie

Thumbs up

Just face it Evo's kick scooby's in every way !!!!
Old 22 February 2002, 02:08 PM
P1Fanatic
Scooby Regular

What I find funny is a lot of the whingers have probably only test drove one or maybe neither and still feel its their duty to offer a totally biased opinion.
Old 22 February 2002, 02:13 PM
Disco
Scooby Regular

Cool

Do you know what Astraboy? Sometimes I feel there are less muppets in the the Muppet Forum than there are here!
Old 22 February 2002, 02:16 PM
saxodriver
Scooby Newbie

Red face

This is amazing - you should have seen us on the Saxo Sports club forum this morning, we were arguing about the program as much as you guys.

I mean, who pits a Saxo against two of the worlds best rally based cars - it just doesn't seem to figure!?!

Anyway, the point of my post is this - most people realised a long while ago that Drivel is rubbish, and it's testers don't know their **** from their elbow. The number of times they have doctored their Driven 100 results 'becuase they have the final say' is unbelievable, but they still do it and we still see it almost every episode.

You can slag me off for only driving a Saxo, and that's fine, but for gods sake please stop arguing over which car is better, just accept the fact that the program and its testers are subjective.
It's like us Saxo drivers complaining that because both cars beat the Saxo it was unfair/wrong tyres/fuel tank size/fwd vs 4wd etc etc

Rant over
Old 22 February 2002, 02:19 PM
Disco
Scooby Regular

Cool

Well said mate
Old 22 February 2002, 02:20 PM
Andyv
Scooby Regular

Smile

Have to disagree with the football and girlfriend bits. I love my car/team/woman (not in that order), but two of the three are a whole lot harder to change on the advice of Penny and Jason.
Old 22 February 2002, 02:25 PM
saxodriver
Scooby Newbie

Thank you

Hope I didn't offend anyone!!! Just saying that you should appreciate your car (and any others you like!!), and forget any two-bit TV programmes opinion.
Old 22 February 2002, 02:51 PM
AntBlue
Scooby Regular

i know everybody has been talking about this all day but it was a kick in the b0ll0cks when they put the sti7 up against the evo7
Old 22 February 2002, 03:15 PM
juan
Scooby Regular

I got the impression most people thought the saxo was gonna win when this was discussed last week.
and I bet you'd have been happier, even though that would have been an obviously false result as opposed to what we got!

no offence at all to saxos. slight difference in the motors though