Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Navtrak

Search this Thread

Old 31 January 2001, 07:33 PM
Chip
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Anyone know anything about this system. Its being advertised in mags at the moment. You pay £150 to install then £9.99 a month . Seems good . I'd be grateful for any info on this.

Cheers

chip.
Old 31 January 2001, 10:46 PM
markd
Scooby Regular

i you sure it was £150 .seen prices for £340 fitted. it has been given good right ups..
Old 01 February 2001, 10:43 AM
TRIGGER
Scooby Regular

I'm looking to fit one of these systems and just called Navtrak - they tell me £199 plus £9-99 per month.
Anybody know how this, Tracker, Trackstar all compare ?
Old 01 February 2001, 01:46 PM
Tal
Scooby Regular

Thumbs up

I have it fitted to my MY00 and found it to be excellent the few times I have tried it out (never in anger)it worked fine. I rang to ask its location from work, if it is not switched on it goes in to a power save mode and only sends a signal every 5 mins so they said they would ring back 5 mins later, I gave them my mobile number. When I hung up I remembered I had left the mobile at home so I jumped in the car at 16:02 and went home. When I got home I had a message on the phone "Mr Taylor this is Navtrak your vehicle was started at 16:02 and 43 seconds in £$%^& close and then went down $^&$ road" and so on right back to my door very impressive and totally accurate.

It is a totally passive sytem and is about half the size of a box of matches just needs a power lead to it so it is very hard for the scum to find. (unlike non passive systems)

They also offer a service to act as a route finder thingy, ring them up on the mobile tell them where you want to go they will know where you are and direct you all for the cost of the call (normal rate)

You have to report the car stolen being the only draw back.

Chairk has had problems with there customer service but I have had only good service.

In the reviews it always comes out top, so for that money it would be foolish not to.

Tal
Old 01 February 2001, 07:43 PM
tarmacterrorist
Scooby Regular

Smile

As the theme is trackong......
what about Skynet & RAC Trackstar ?

RAC Trackstar
£700 fitted & monitor fee (£100 ish yearly)
You arm the unit just like the alarm & is then monitored all the time. Central control are notified if the car is moved without you disarming the unit.

Skynet
£350 fitted & £15 monthly monitoring fee.
This unit arms automatically ( set number of seconds after the drivers door is closed) & can be linked into an existing capable alarm system.

The advantage of Skynet is that the monitoring is covered in 169 countries whereas the RAC Trackstar is UK only.
Skynet also has the capabilty of shutting down parts of the vehicle remotely & also activating things like door locks etc.

I am in the same position in that I want a tracking system that is monitored constantly but am not sure which system to go for.

If anyone else have other systems fitted please let us know what you think.

Thanks.
Old 02 February 2001, 04:46 PM
Chip
Scooby Regular

I actually rang and emailed Navtrak on Monday asking for details. So far nothing. Makes me think about how quick they would be if my car was stolen.

Chip