Sponsored by:

Thanks Spring Park Motors....Not!

Search this Thread

Old 20 February 2002, 09:59 PM
mole
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy

(Shirly nr Croydon) If any of you buy a car from them you will be pleasantly supprised by their superb service.

BUT lets hope that you dont need any warranty work done

I had the legendary scratched window problem, after a couple of calls they agreed to take the car in to remedy the problem.

I paced up and down (no courtesy car), the high street on a Saturday (5 hrs), eventually they 'phoned to say "all done".

I walked back (again), to find the car finished...thankyou very much and off I went (got back problems..in pain).

When I dared look at the job I found they had chipped my o/s mirror and fitted an o/s glass which is 3mm thicker than the others.

My car is up for a service soon so I wrote to Spring Park explaining the glass thing and asking for them to let me know what they can do so to time it for the service visit....NO REPLY.

Well, they have just lost a customer!

I do a lot of mileage, spend a lot of money on petrol and a lot on SERVICING.

They have just lost a lot of potential customers too! (word of mouth and all that)..Off to Scoobysport on Saturday for my service.

There, feel better now!!!

Moles Dad.
Old 22 February 2002, 09:15 PM
Moles Dad
Scooby Regular

Red face

And, they have had the bare faced front to send me a reminder re my car service!!!

I must write that 2nd letter!

So to recap...very nice sales dept, very very poor after-sales.

And..hey, people, lets be careful out there.

Regards,MD.
Old 22 February 2002, 11:41 PM
sonu
Scooby Regular

Thumbs down

Have to agree with you mate. I believe that their service is very poor, they've definelty lost my custom.

Thanks

Sonu
Old 23 February 2002, 12:50 AM
Andrewza
Scooby Regular

"legendary scratched window problem" ?

Just I seem to have a scratch in my MY00's windscreen in an arc of the wiper, but you can only see it in really bright light

Andrew

Old 23 February 2002, 01:34 PM
Anthony King
Scooby Regular

If you want a reasonably close alternative try Cheam. I've been there once so far and was very impressed with the after sales service. I have also heard a lot of good stories from other people.

http://www.cheammotors.co.uk/index.htm

Old 23 February 2002, 10:27 PM
mole
Scooby Regular

Wink

Anthony King, thanks for that, I have just been to Scoobysport for the service...bit of a wait but they were very thorough.

Cheam is not too bad for me (60mls each way), but at present I will stay with SS.

Andrew, have a look at some of the old threads, Scoobs have a "felt" pad within the door/glass mechanism which gets grit embedded into it.

After a time it causes scratches on the side windows, this looks horrific.

The answer is to replace the pads and the glass...obviously Spring Park dont want to do this!

Cheers all, MD.

edited to say silly daddy didn't change username!

[Edited by mole - 2/23/2002 10:29:04 PM]
Old 23 February 2002, 11:14 PM
Shark
Scooby Regular

I had the legendary scratched window problem
What problem - dealer for 4 years - not yet had that problem

Mail me at work if you like shark@lavenderhillgarage.co.uk

David

Trending Topics

Old 24 February 2002, 09:27 PM
Moles Dad
Scooby Regular

Wink

Shark, well, when I got my car about 8 months ago it developed this problem of the scratched side glass.

After searching and discussing this on s/net we found that many people had suffered the same fate with varying degrees of severity.

At the time, it was a common problem.

I have seen lots and lots of scoobs with this

Thanks for the interest, MD.
Old 25 February 2002, 02:20 PM
SteveC
Scooby Newbie

Thumbs up

Just to say that there's always another tale to tell, and that there will always be good & bad in any human undertaking..

We've used Spring Park for over 4 years now, and they've been very good indeed. Had a bad accident in my first 4 door, they couldn't have been more helpful. My wife bought her Wagon from them, and has had good support and after-sales service. I bought my P1 from them, and have had the clutch and centre pipe replaced under warranty without any argument whatever, quite the opposite.

I too have just had the window scratches develop, and they have volunteered, without my asking, to replace the glasses for me when I am able to drop the car in, or at the next service, whichever. Oh, almost forgot, they also fitted a new short engine to my earlier 4 door under warranty, due to piston slap - again without any fuss and they couldn't have been better (I didn't buy this car from them). They also recently spent HOURS taking all the P1 interior to bits to find a rattle (turned out to be a nut sliding about in the driver's seat runners!) - for nothing!

Their work has generally been of a very high standard, and, when the odd thing has gone a bit wrong, they've put it right - more to the point, they've always been very KEEN to put it right.

I've got no connection with them, other than as a customer.

As I said, there will always be good and bad in every company, life's like that... Myself, I prefer to do business with a small, family-run organisation (like Spring Park) with whose owners I can build a relationship over time - this almost always works out best in the long run for me (others may, of course, differ...).

Cheers,
Steve.
Old 25 February 2002, 02:28 PM
ScoobyJawa
Scooby Regular

Angry

I have a scratched rear window and when I asked mill lane to take a look with regards to replacing under warranty they said glass never has and never will be part of the warranty even on a brand new car. Yet I know people who have had the glass replaced. Seems every dealer has a different stance on warranty issues.........
Old 25 February 2002, 02:34 PM
Sbradley
Scooby Regular

Smile

I've been a Spring Park customer for, um, a while. They've never been anything other than completely helpful, professional and courteous, including doing various little jobs which have been far above and beyond the call of duty.

Like the man says, there's good and bad everywhere.

Again, I've no connection with them, just a happy customer.

SB

PS If anyone else *is* using them I only live around the corner and you're welcome to pop in for a cuppa (to save wandering up and down the throbbing metropolis that is West Wickham...)
Old 25 February 2002, 07:53 PM
Moles Dad
Scooby Regular

Wink

SteveC, Thanks for your input on this, I am having second thoughts now...perhaps the fact that you have had a few "dealings" has had a "good customer" effect with them, just a thought.

I have never been abusive or rude with them, so I cannot understand their negative reaction to my letter.

Maybe If you took my car in you would get a better result.

To conclude, I thought they were very good until this incident occured, so as you said, good and bad.

Cheers,MD.
Old 25 February 2002, 07:58 PM
logiclee
Scooby Regular

Just to add.

I do think Impreza's have a problem with scratching of side window glass.
My Series McRae had it on both front side windows and the problem is common at meets.

Lee