Sponsored by:

KTC And U Know IT!!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 11 January 2009, 02:25 AM
BIGboiSc00b87
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default KTC And U Know IT!!!!!!!

For All those scoobers that bought their cars from Keighley Trade Centre. Please admit that you bought them from KTC and not diss KTC, as I have just bought a fresh import WRX from them and it is in really good nick and drives like a gem. If anyone else has had a good experience with their purchase (NOT THE SALESMEN!!!!!) then PLEASE post here.:luxh ello:
Old 11 January 2009, 02:27 AM
TonyBurns
Scooby Regular

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Smile

Think it could be a very quiet thread and on page 4 by the morning
Take your car to a speciallist, see what they find and then come back

Tony
Old 11 January 2009, 02:28 AM
LUCKO
Scooby Regular

Default FUBAR

how can you start this thread after starting another thread asking how you find out if you car is a cut and shut?

you dont sound that confident
Old 11 January 2009, 02:35 AM
BIGboiSc00b87
Scooby Newbie

I just think way too many people are dissing KTC when surely some people have bought good ones from there as well as me. Why no one comes on and says POSITIVE things is annoying. I only hear of disaster stories, Out of all the cars they sell, I'm sure they've sold some other decent motors, Its just nobody mentions them, maybe because they're ashamed and afraid of getting flamed at in forums? because of all the negative comments. I mentioned cut and shut as a **** take to the **** takers of KTC (sharp, witty humour!)
Old 11 January 2009, 02:36 AM
wrighty338
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by LUCKO
how can you start this thread after starting another thread asking how you find out if you car is a cut and shut?

you dont sound that confident
fpmsl
Old 11 January 2009, 02:37 AM
LUCKO
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by wrighty338
fpmsl
your welcome
Old 11 January 2009, 02:47 AM
LegacySTi
Scooby Regular

mad experience. I thought same thing. Can't all be bad. Went over to view a v7 sti wagon from Dublin. Yes Dublin!!!!!!!!!!. So flight to Leeds, bus to can't remember, train to Keighley and cab from Keighley to KTC. Waited about 40 mins as dealing with customer. Looked over all the cars there and they were pile of ****e unless your blind. No sign of a v7 wagon. So finally got to talk to sales lad. Oh he says. We started that up 2 days ago and has big end failure and is in a garage 75 miles away. Hang on i said why after phone calls made and you had my number did you not ring and say not to bother coming over. Said i don't you its ex lads fault. Unreal shower IMO. And i gave benifit of doubt and wasted £300 in travel costs and about 12-14hours.
Old 11 January 2009, 02:48 AM
LegacySTi
Scooby Regular

And with 5 posts maybe your new KTC sales lad or something?
Old 11 January 2009, 02:53 AM
BIGboiSc00b87
Scooby Newbie

tbh KTC wouldn't invest good money in a sales rep. Hell they need to tho LOL
Old 11 January 2009, 02:53 AM
BIGboiSc00b87
Scooby Newbie

did I say GOOD money...?!
Old 11 January 2009, 02:56 AM
LUCKO
Scooby Regular

4 words of advice

GET YOUR DEPOSIT BACK

Old 11 January 2009, 03:56 AM
TonyBurns
Scooby Regular

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

KTC have a reputation for a reason!
Those who have been there have only had bad words to say about them, mainly because the cars are mechanically defective, crash damaged/repaired, low grade imports that have been tarted up.
If you have a good car then good luck, but still take it to a speciallist, you have a few days to drop it back off when you find it is a bit of a mechanical nightmare

Tony
Old 11 January 2009, 04:50 AM
ash002004
Scooby Regular

I googled their business name and funnily enough theres a few examples on the 1st page of it being sh1te, lol

Went onto their website and tried to view some photo's and the site crashed haha

tbh mate if more than one person will have a bad thing to say about any one car for sale, or even a whole dealership then imo I'd rather walk away with my money and keep searching. Plenty of nice examples for sale out there
Old 11 January 2009, 08:39 AM
Jamo
Cooking on Calor

Received 7 Likes on 2 Posts

my mate paid £12000 for a "mint" evo 6. a few years back, one of the more silly defects found when it went to scoobyclinic was an indicator being held in with an elastic band. one of the more serious was a bent chassis!

you are the third new member that has appeard in the last week talking about KTC, very suspect!!
Old 11 January 2009, 09:29 AM
scoobymods
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by BIGboiSc00b87
For All those scoobers that bought their cars from Keighley Trade Centre. Please admit that you bought them from KTC and not diss KTC, as I have just bought a fresh import WRX from them and it is in really good nick and drives like a gem. If anyone else has had a good experience with their purchase (NOT THE SALESMEN!!!!!) then PLEASE post here.:luxh ello:
post some pics of ya car
Old 11 January 2009, 09:34 AM
JimmyBFC
Scooby Regular

They should use KTC stock on scrapheap challenge for the contestants to rip apart and find the best bits......

Id wager most are cat d but never claimed on insurance to keep them hpi clear, half of the time the cars live about a week after driving off the forecourt...so don't count your chickens....
Old 11 January 2009, 11:18 AM
rcwhite
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by shaggy1973
my mate paid £12000 for a "mint" evo 6. a few years back, one of the more silly defects found when it went to scoobyclinic was an indicator being held in with an elastic band. one of the more serious was a bent chassis!

you are the third new member that has appeard in the last week talking about KTC, very suspect!!
U know even if they do know of there reputaion on scooby net.. would u put it past them to be on here trying to drum up business.. No offence to the op.
Old 11 January 2009, 11:26 AM
Aaron1978
Scooby Regular

you might well get a good car from there, someone else's part ex

Aaron
Old 11 January 2009, 11:39 AM
andywiddss1
Scooby Regular

always think its funny when i read stuff about ktc and wrc bradford , and before anybody says it these two places are not the same owner . i live 5 mins away from keighley trade and knew of them when they first started selling cars from home along time ago , and have heard every rumour and story going not to say i belive them all
Old 11 January 2009, 12:36 PM
dunx
Scooby Senior

To be fair the p/x cars are likely to be bad as well.... mostly ?

I looked at a hawkeye with a shut line on the nearside wing that could be measured in inches... that's a nearly new car !

Run !

dunx
Old 11 January 2009, 05:34 PM
NAY93WRX
Scooby Regular

I drove from Wolverhampton to KTC a couple of years ago to look at a 95 wrx that they said was mint

What a waste of time.

I spoke to a 12 years old sales rep who spoked to me like a piece of **** when I was asking questions about the cars.

Loads of their cars had been standing as the tyres were flat, moss on the wheels, mouldy interiors........they wanted approx £4500 for these aswell.

Yet another crap Bradford importer in my opinion.
Old 11 January 2009, 05:40 PM
GlesgaKiss
Scooby Regular

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Take it you work for KTC?
Old 11 January 2009, 05:47 PM
gUpALlEy
Scooby Regular

Went there aswell and could not believe what i seen . An sti v6 with a grwat big hole in the floor pan the place is a joke and wouldnt buy a cup of tea from them let alone a subaru
Old 11 January 2009, 05:53 PM
GlesgaKiss
Scooby Regular

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

When I went down there I was 18 and new nothing about Subarus. Noticed a rich boy in with his daddy looking at an old shed of an Impreza, and when the salesman was away I actually told him not to buy it. The panel gaps were F*cking horrendous, and it sounded like a bag of bolts when it was going.

Complete waste of a day of my life. It's one saving grace is that, because of the timing when I got home, I met a girl I'm still very close to now. But KTC = crap.

Oh yeah, I should mention that I drove down from Central Scotland and it took me over an hour to get somebody's attention.
Old 11 January 2009, 06:37 PM
weeebell
Scooby Regular

I just think way too many people are dissing KTC when surely some people have bought good ones from there as well as me. Why no one comes on and says POSITIVE things is annoying. I only hear of disaster stories, Out of all the cars they sell, I'm sure they've sold some other decent motors, Its just nobody mentions them, maybe because they're ashamed and afraid of getting flamed at in forums? because of all the negative comments. I mentioned cut and shut as a **** take to the **** takers of KTC (sharp, witty humour!)

The reason why no one comes on and says positive things about buying a decent car is because you EXPECT it to be decent when you buy it.

You dont buy a car, run it for a week, then come on here and say "hey guys, I bought my Impreza last week and guess what, ITS STILL GOING, it must be a decent one"
Old 11 January 2009, 07:09 PM
EddScott
Scooby Regular

Received 64 Likes on 32 Posts

Originally Posted by andywiddss1
always think its funny when i read stuff about ktc and wrc bradford , and before anybody says it these two places are not the same owner . i live 5 mins away from keighley trade and knew of them when they first started selling cars from home along time ago , and have heard every rumour and story going not to say i belive them all
They may not be the same owners, but all the import places up that way seem to swap the cars between them.

I went to look at a V5 Type R at WRC and the front drivers wing was out of line. I also saw a car at WRC that I went to view in Cardiff about 6 months before - was very amusing to see a car 250 miles away that I'd seen before and someone had obviously had a go at making it "better". My favorites were the bent B pillar and the four washers in between the shell and front wing to line it up properly. I believe the asking price was £7k.
Old 11 January 2009, 07:28 PM
Jamescsti
Scooby Regular

Bought a V1 STi there a few years ago before I discovered Scoobynet, within 3 days the head gasket went due to a knackered waterpump and radiator.

About 2 weeks after that it melted 2 Pistons, they tried telling me I didn't have a warranty even though they said I had a 3 month Warranty when I bought it, had to go to trading sandards before they repaired it.

Not to mention this was the only half decent car on the forecourt, I should have known better and walked away, still I was young ish and wanted the car.

KTC are a bunch of rip off merchants, and that's from personal experience
Old 11 January 2009, 07:41 PM
M444GY
Former Sponsor

Location: MSOCs tyre and ROTA wheel dealer .Ruisliptyres@gmail.com

KTC And U Know IT!!!!!!!
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

i think mate that we dont know it ! what we do know is that they are a pile of ****
Old 21 May 2010, 10:54 PM
BIGboiSc00b87
Scooby Newbie

Default Sorted

OK, so here it goes, I have had the car for nearly 1.5 years now and have to say that it is impeccable to drive. Needs a new clutch after all that time and that is it! (touch wood). When I brought it back to Loughborough I got it undersealed for the winter weather by a very reliable local garage . Their statement to me was that it was one of the ''finest looking examples of an import chassis they'd ever seen''. It is VERY good condition btw.

As for Keighley trade centre, I must admit that it was a bit of a jungle of ragabone cars that shouldn't be on the road, but that was for the ones outside their warehouse. Mine was inside. As with everything in life, you cant expect to be served up the worlds finest without earning it. The ones outside the warehouse are neglected outside FOR A REASON!

In this case I am very competent mechanically and had a good look around the car before hand etc. I spotted a few standard marks on the car for its age and consequently haggled them from £3200 to £2500. Just stand your ground and dont be pressured into anything.

My mate David bought a C******n S**o from a reputable dealer, paid top dollar (£1700) for it and it soon showed that it had a blown head gasket. They refused to get it repaired, even under court action and soon disappeared. So its not just KTC who can be a little slack in their service, there are far, far worse out there, trust me.

At the end of the day KTC had something that I wanted and i got it. Thanks to my wisdom and consumer powers, I have a car that has not let me down EVER (touch wood), passed MOT 1st time etc and I am proud to own.

It is a sad day to think that a decent car is going to be apparently shunned on scoobynet because it has been in certain peoples' possesion (Keighley).

I won't take these comments lightly though as I understand where KTC could leave a customer majorly out of pocket if their mechanical knowledge is below-par. All comments are appreciated. Forum abuse isn't!

I am fortunate enough to have much mechanical knowledge and would be happy to assist anyone wanting to buy a car which they are unsure of as I was.

And by the way I'm from Chelmsford, Essex, so don't EVER think that I am some form of serpent from KTC. TY ALL

Much love,

JOHN
Old 21 May 2010, 11:02 PM
gpssti4
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Are you PSL in disguise?

Quick Reply: KTC And U Know IT!!!!!!!